Changing the Reaper spawn/drops

If only I could stream every rival kill! I’d have all the schematics 2x over :'D

2 Likes

But heh you got it right in the end. That can be a tough fight there, depends on how many apoc show up and how many adrenaline you have. You can always run back to the fight from the safe house Lo its never too far on the island.

1 Like

Exactly. This forces you to drop your Region level, making it harder to spawn the Reaper. It’s an absurd balancing act.

1 Like

It’s like the game was aware of this thread and my complaints, and wanted to shut me up, because yesterday when I had some time to play, I got the reaper to spawn in the Farmlands.
Killed it, and immediately after a new one spawned. Killed that one as well, and yet again, right after the second a third one spawned which I’m taking on tonight.

Anyway, original complaint still stands - killing rivals should work in favor of spawning the reaper, not against it.

2 Likes

I agree to this! The reason to that I have already stopped killing reapers is because of this reason. I have almost 8 rivals in all my regions so if I want to spawn the reaper I must kill 1. But if I do my region lvl decreases. And then almost always just another rival spawns instead of the reaper.

2 Likes

Fighting The Reaper, you mean? :slight_smile: It wasn’t very hard on Skirmish, but it was a very entertaining fight. Finally a machine that felt like it actually wanted to kill you. I have at least 70 or 80 adrenaline lying around somewhere, and I think I used 5 on my first Reaper. I was fighting a bit recklessly, and I could probably do it with less if I was more careful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think part of it is the way the EXP dynamic works.

1 Like

Does the FOA clothing set have a unique function or is it just cosmetic? IMO the reaper loot pool isn’t that much different from rivals in the sense that you still need to grind a lot. And the EXP sledgehammer doesn’t feel all that rewarding as melee is something some players don’t like. So in the end you grind for something that you can already get i.e exp guns but getting the reaper can take as long to spawn as killing regular rivals.

1 Like

As far as i know, the FOA suit is only cosmetic. Just like all other clothing sets are.
Topic about it: FOA Suit -|Spoilers|

Though, it’s true that current Reaper loot pool doesn’t match the trouble of spawning one and killing one. If experimental .50 cal would only drop from Reaper, then it would increase the Reaper value a lot since it’s the best weapon in the game.

3 Likes

In your opinion of course :grin:

1 Like

Well, yes. And i’m sure i’m not the only one who thinks so as well. :wink:

But if to increase Reaper value for those (select few) who doesn’t see experimental .50 cal as one of the best (if not the best) weapon in the game, Reaper can have exclusive drops for experimental KVM 59 and experimental AG4 as well. This way, Reaper would have increased broader value. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Has anyone got one from Reaper?

@Catalyst_Light and I have tested multiple times and we have yet to see one from Reaper.

In fact he got his off a lvl 3 Rival Harvester shortly after just doing Rival hunts,…

I only have 1 working theory that’s confirmed ( with me at least )

Kamikaze Reaper does not drop experimental weapons

1 Like

Do you mean if he self destructs, he doesn’t drop experimentals? Because that’s wrong

1 Like

Fair enough. As I said - it’s been consistent this way for me.

I shall continue to investigate

1 Like

I agree 100% never made sense to kill off the small minions to provoke the big bad guy to show. One would think killing off the right hand men would cause the boss to come out and try and deal with the problem.

1 Like

He does drop experimental if he explodes. Experimental seem to be more tied to random drops and time to kill…

I’m trying to see if there are any other conversations about this, and the most recent forum thread I’ve seen is from Nov '19. Someone on Discord said this is a big topic among the community and mods though, so if there’s an existing large thread on this, I’d like to find it.

Anyways, I think it’s really annoying that killing Rivals lowers the Region level. If Region level can be considered a ‘threat level’, then it doesn’t make sense that killing harder robots lowers the threat level at all, and it puts you at a complete stand still while farming experimentals if you can’t kill rivals while trying to get a Reaper to spawn.

Currently, dying doesn’t have any consequences whatsoever, so it seems like a perfect opportunity to just make death lower the region level, since killing the threat should lower the threat.

2 Likes

Reply moved to said topic.

//Mod

Oh dear god, I’m thick. I’m pretty sure I saw this thread but must have focused on the word “Drops”. Thanks!

1 Like