Cheaters, when will you prevent this?

But that was patched, right?

I dont know , i dont remember it being in the patch notes .

It was patched, but any guns in your inventory that had the incorrect ammo / accessories bound to it were still like that post patch.

As long as the player didn’t un-bind the RPG ammo from his pistol it would still work like that until he put normal ammo in it.

(I had Klauke with an assault rifle barrel extension because I thought it looked cool)

Hi everyone. In last few days i see plenty of cheaters joining to my game. They are mostly russians and if you ask why i’m saying this?
Situation:
Someone join me, moving extremly fast. Rocket launcher shoot as tank (missle barrage).
Fully skilled (all skill trees)

And most important… these players are intend to only shoot all your rivals and than go out.

I dont really like this toxic behaviour. And there should be punishment for such trash. Yesterday it took me two rival deaths before i even noticed that someone joined me (no chat information about someone joined game)
Kick from game is nit enough because they can simply join again (only making game private is solution)

I would like to have some black list or report button in multiplayer menu.

P.S. i hope i made this in correct topic

3 Likes

What platform are you on? Because if you are on console there is a wway you can report them from their xbox profile (and I imagine therre is something similar on ps4) And there may well be something on steam. Sadly this is probably the best you will get, and I wish there was a better punishment system, like a temp ban from multiplayer games on the platform.

I would put this in features and requests.

I play this on PC. And im really annoyed by these players.

Mate, same here (I mean attitude, I play on Xbox). They come into your world and get all worked up when you don’t let them hunt your rivals. Just annoying.

1 Like

It would be very funny if cheaters playing multiplayer would automatically activate a security system activating cheater mode, where :

• any machine bullet kills the cheater
  • There is no loot from enemies
  • cheaters can´t fast travel
2 Likes

While agree this would be funny and entertaining (particularly if they had their mics on and were complainging about it), I think it would be better for a way you could report players from the “Team” section in your inventory, and if they were reported three times with, lets say a week, (just a suggestion) then there would be a function were if they try to join a multiplayer game then it comes up with a pop-up to say “Sorry this content is unavailable, you can acess this content is .” While being something that players have power over, it is also effective. Again, I’m not sure this would be implemented into the game, but do consider this, or something like it.

PS: They should be able to host multiplayer, but not be a client.

Threads merged. Cheating is prohibited, the EULA clearly states under article 19 Prohibited use;

• Use of your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game, its environment or change how the Game is played or services used;
  • Use of your own or third-party software, the Game or any information accessible through the System, to bypass or modify any System login architecture or create or provide any other means through which any System may be accessed and/or the Game may be used by others in ways other than those intended by Avalanche Studios;

And since it concerns multiplayer;

• Disrespecting the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. You may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players;

Unfortunately the game lacks a reporting feature, or any kind of way to report cheating players to the devs. Session owners will have to watch out for cheaters. You can contact Steam Support though if you encounter players breaking the game’s EULA.

I for one would like some way of reporting them ingame.

//Mod

And that is the very reason why my game session is Invite Only.

I don’t need some randoms going after my rivals that i had hard time spawning and leveling up.

On Steam (PC), there is Steam VAC and it would be super awesome if that could be implemented with the GZ as well.

So far, i’ve screenshotted cheaters and reported them via Steam. It’s best i could do.

1 Like

I can’t remember which game it was, but it had a really nicely way of handling cheaters; it basically lumped them all together. Cheaters only ever played with cheaters, and everyone else played normally. Seems like the ideal way to deal with them. Especially in GZ, as it’s PvE.

Most of what your seeing isn’t cheating, its a save game editor. Since you know GZ is a SINGLE PLAYER game with co-op. Maybe if the game was designed to have a skill point reset people wouldn’t have to edit their save games, or just add 1 line of logic to prevent assigning over 31 skill points.

Games are about fun, no one needs to edit their save game to go kill all your rivals. Someone getting to explore all the skills without leveling up 4 characters doesn’t prevent you from having fun. Keep your games invite only or make a community of players with only unmodded games.

1 Like

Well COD warzone has done that recently, but there was indeed other game i also don´t remember…

As per Generation Zero End User License Agreement,

19. Prohibited use

• Use of your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game, its environment or change how the Game is played or services used;
  • Use of your own or third-party software, the Game or any information accessible through the System, to bypass or modify any System login architecture or create or provide any other means through which any System may be accessed and/or the Game may be used by others in ways other than those intended by Avalanche Studios;
  • You will not exploit any bug in the Game and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of the Game.

Any save game editing IS cheating since it gives the player unnatural advantage.

Cheaters can cheat in their solo game if they can’t play legit. But if they join MP, then it becomes a problem. That’s what this whole topic is all about.

1 Like

from that same section

" * You may not provide false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your account in the Game;"

Legally that is all about as enforceable as making sure the people registered with their real first name.

You can put whatever you want in an EULA, what matters is what you can legally do.

" * Use of your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game, its environment or change how the Game is played or services used;"

Nvidia’s software is would not legal to use with GZ since it can change the anti-aliasing and get rid of some of awful blur. I suggest you start to report everyone using Nvidia cards to steam as well.

The fact is you can quote the EULA, but its a single player game. They just need to do what other single player games have done and provide a useful modding framework, that has MP support.

2 Likes

You can put whatever you want in an EULA, what matters is what you can legally do.

An EULA quite literally explains what you can and can’t do with the software, legally. The moment you install the game, you agree to the articles of the EULA.

Since you know GZ is a SINGLE PLAYER game with co-op.

The concept of GZ has always been ‘kill robots with friends’. The option to play solo is there, because why not? The more options we have the better, right?

There’s a difference between altering the game’s visuals, and outright using software to exploit the game and how it’s played. Again, the latter is quite clearly something you agree not to do when you install the game in the first place.

Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends both did it I think.

1 Like

Personally I think it’s more of a multiplayer game with a solo mode.

I agree that if someone wants to play their game with mods, cheats, or whatever that they should be able to. but if they want to play multiplayer it should only be with others that are either doing the same or okay with it. It should not have to be the responsibility of someone that wants to play legitimately to have to actively work to keep cheaters out of their game.

Aesyle said it best with

3 Likes