Companion and pUpdate (18-07-2023) discussion (Spoilers)

It crashes more (for my friend and I) regardless of what behaviour we set for the companion. But the ‘loot’ behaviour introduces further problems into the mix with additional crashes / glitches when you both are looting machines.

1 Like

I love and dont love the new companion.

I love that it exists and its cute. With the rocket launcher it does decent damage to other runners and other smaller robots, its not a main battle tank after all. I had it take down a tank, it works, but the dog would attack in melee range way too much, causing it to take alot of unnecessary damage.

The AI is obviously copy-paste from the normal runner, and needs alot of tweaking to to become useful.

As it it now it attacks shit it should not, it attacks in melee range way to often, and its way to squishy for endgame combat.

The armor sucks. Even at 4 star armor the companion dies quickly, i spend more time healing the companion then myself…

Its clear the companion needs to somehow level up with the player, so that its not OP at lower levels, and not useless for endgame content.

Maby a small skill tree with defensive skills for the companion? Or simply let it gain levels with the player to gradually increase its power.

2 Likes

Hey this might sound like a stupid question, I’ve only had quick run through this morning of mission, however how do I repair the companion, my options greyed out , am I missing something , cheers :v:

1 Like

Do you have repair kits? (like for motorbikes)

1 Like

Ahh do I need to use these?

1 Like

On Twitter from Generation Zero team:

"We’ve received reports from some players regarding game crashes & are currently investigating the cause. This is our top priority & we will update you once resolved. We apologize to players currently impacted & greatly appreciate your reports which help us nail down the problem.

2 Likes

And with a very High cost mostly cosmetic DLC.

2 Likes

I will test today evening. Can’t say anything against that, yet, but the reports all point into the same direction.
Yes, there seem to be heavy issues again and I wonder why the devs still released the update and dlc.

I don’t think they didn’t test it. They even wrote some of issues as known ones on the patch notes. But the evaluation of these issues went wrong.
It seems that most problems happen in multiplayer and while using new content. If the problems aren’t caused directly by the companions it seems that at least the overall performance is affected in a way that leads to crashes.

Finally in my eyes it looks like the tests where very limited… again. Did they even test multiplayer situations? Or what about using a system with minimum system requirements? And what are the reasons? A too specialized environment for test which doesn’t fit a real situation? Didn’t they think about some possible situations? Didn’t they have enough time to test it?

That’s sad.

Let’s hope for a soon hotfix for all systems.
And hopefully some additional improvements on the behaviour modules.

1 Like

Its always the same thing.

Update after update, theres always something very wrong (crashes/ losing items or Bases) but if you criticize it too much we are being mean.
Its very different from having few bugs or wrong textures, to game breaking stuff.
Its not normal.

If they dont have enough people and time to test it properly, just ask for a few volunteers from PC/XBOX/PS systems, then they sign a non disclusure agreement and thats about it.

There is however one Positive thing about this, for us to prevent crashes we just have to avoid to use the companion, specially when playing with other users.

PS: Where or when can i buy the new DLC?
Its not available on the PSN :thinking:
I thought it was available yesterday, maybe it was confusion from my part?

3 Likes

Working to get the points for the 4* FOA 5 standard Armor.
Next the Ballistic armor.

1 Like

Have you ever heard of the story about a man who build his house on sand?

3 Likes

Wasn’t expecting to get an update that brakes multplayer. An update that wasn’t even needed and that messes up multiplayer/coop. Thanks for being a good mod & dev team

1 Like

Doggy update

4 Likes

They did. At least for pc (steam).

I don’t know where you’re looking… I had no problem. Did it with the PS app on my smartphone, selected Generation Zero and switched to addons. There it was.

’ Glitch I got after update, notice the Available Stations Overlapping the other text, and every icon I go over I get that Available Station stuff written everywhere, I’m on PS4, does anyone else have this Glitch,

Yes i can find it there too on the app.
But i cant find it at the PS store if i go there directly through my PS4.
Maybe its a PS4 issue?

Solution :
Ok it does not appear if you go to the main page and go to the DLC page.
It also does not appear if you go the “game” icon and look for addons/extra, DLC or whatever it appears in English or other languages.
It only appears at the Results from the PSN Search TAB.

I’ve not had time for prolonged gameplay , however no issues on series X so far , maybe it’s coming :flushed:

1 Like

I like the “fix” for the motor bike light… THANK YOU DEVS!! Looks great and like a real headlight beam now. I can see what is up ahead even if its only a little ahead it is way better.

2 Likes

Review

I like the part of the update that you can now see on the map which stations are at each safehouse, if you select them.
Now I just need all safehouses again… And they should stay.

It’s just not very stable. I sometimes had situations where the map said that at almost every location are the same stations available.

I don’t like that the game currently seems to flicker often. Objects pop in sometimes half a meter in front of me, sometimes further away, but still visible. That’s not nice.

I played in coop today. Me and my mate tested the update, I tested the DLC, too.
After we finished the unlocking mission and placed our configured companions it took 15 minutes for me (host) to crash. It happend during a battle west of ringfort, where the game often crashes for me. And just there. So nothing special, I thought.

But the game didn’t crash completly. I got a message that told me that we were playing on different versions and I found myself back in the main menu. I continued, started at the last safehouse and my mate left the session and returned into the new one.

We did the weekly mission and then wanted to visit Norrmyra bunker, which seems to be a new location (at least the icon there). Half an hour after the first crash it crashed again for me with the same message.

My mate, btw, crashed 4 times in total, but came back immediatly.

It’s nice to see that the light and sound modules can be found by looting boxes, too.

I used the spotter behavior module and my mate was able to see the spotted machines, too. Nice.

We were not able to repair our companions on the field, by opening his menu and selecting “repair”. Is there a trick?

Sadly there is no buildable companion station for our resistance bases. Will it follow?

On the way to the first mission location we came to a place with a destroyed tank and a small camp. The fire of this camp was strange… It moved.

(moving from right to left continously)

It was there at the “tank in pieces” location.

Something I dislike, too:
The light and sound modules or paintings for the runner should be able to be found after the mission for getting the companion is finished. Where is the surprise of getting a companion if you already know that you get it by all the modules you found?

I built the companion and moved into battle. Right before the battle I placed it the first time. I already built an armor and attached it to the bot, but the mission objective to do this just came after placing the companion the first time.
And my previously installed armor didn’t count.
So I had to go back to the station and build another armor (which destroyed the old one).

The companions inventory looks good, like a pillbox inventory. BUT its useability isn’t very good in this case. You cannot see which weapon/item is used on the wheel or which attachment is attached.

Sadly you cannot equip special ammo to the companions weapons, like you can with pillboxes. I would like to be able to give him emp rounds for the rocket launcher for example.

Question:
@SR_Carni When is the companion mission available? “Right from beginning” by getting to vesslan warboard or later (for example after finishing the main story)?
In my eyes it’s quite early if you can get it right from vesslan command bunker warboard once you get there. It’s (just by looking at the map) even before you get a motorbike… And ways before you know more about the real existence of a resistance.

And please don’t just say that it’s necessary to get it this early because of the paid dlc and because the ones who buy it want to see the contents almost immediatly.

By this politics you will destroy the immersion of the story more and more with almost every new paid dlc that will come in future.

It’s just dumb to plug in every paid content into the first few hours of the game. Please excuse my wording.

2 Likes

Be careful what you say :joy:, crashed in combat single player , this hardly ever happens prior to companion, oh dear here we go :smirk: