COMPETITION: Create Your Own NPC

Name: Jonas Lindquist

Occupation pre incident: Truck driver

Occupation post incident: Machine hunter

Special move: “Covering Fire” Jonas will fire broadly at any machines targeting you, forcing them to focus on him instead

History: When FNIX came online Jonas was stopped at a military checkpoint on his route before that checkpoint was attacked by machines. Thinking fast he grabbed a machine gun off of a dead soldier to defend himself, before running back to his truck and plowing through the barricade and driving away. He drove on for a while before he was run off the road by a Hunter and crashed, after which he ran into the nearby Tornberget town where he’s been hiding out ever since.

2 Likes

Name: Brandon (last name unknown)

occupation pre incident: American tourist, German descent

Occupation post incident: Resistance Hackmaster

Backstory:

He gave himself that title, though no one in the resistance wants to call him out for it. Brandon is a Tourist who came to the island purely to get away from his family in America choosing somewhere safe and to quote “Not filled with propganda.” He considers himself a patriot and will he isn’t local he is more then willing to help the resistance.

Apparently his Day job was video game programmer, a job that has given him a leg up against the robots. Sure he isn’t a scientist or a high end computer technician but he is creative. the big thing about him is where he is at there is a hacked and reprogrammed tank walking around its lights replaced with blue lights and its weapons loaded with EMP rounds.

appearance: Brandon is a slightly overweight white male, though that is where the normal parts end, his left arm is missing replaced with a FNIX robot arm of his own design. IF asked he would tell you he lost it in the early days when a walker blew up a tank he was hiding behind. He also wears a mask at all times some sort of reptile mask. Other then that he has on experimental armor from head to toe.

Personality: A bit erratic it is obvious he isn’t right in the head. Though he is strangely logical even if his logic doesn’t make sense. I mean he hacked a tank because by his logic If he takes one of those over FNIX has to ignore him right.

EQUIPMENT: weapon wise he isn’t armed despite being American he doesn’t know how to use a gun, best to leave the firearms to those who can use them. But that isn’t to say he is defenseless.Quite the opposite, he has designed a sort of Jammer for FNIX that swaps the IFF of the robots. Making them think other robots are humans and humans are robots.

this jammer is rather large though, so he mounted it in a tank he lured to it. In his words it took a lot of car batteries to keep it on while he wired it to the tank.

His jammer though require a lot of electronics and a gaming console to use, sad part is there are not many of those in the area. Something about the 16 bit chip he needs being in them.

The jammer is a deploy that can be latched onto hacked robots or placed on the ground. They have a 15 minute (IRL) battery, though the larger the bot the quicker it drains. there is a larger one in his hacked tank bot.

Location: Brandon can be found at one of the many castle ruins on the island his tank bot walking around him sitting at an 8bit computer coding in a dug out basement. A crafting table and stash are nearby. His home doesn’t have much and he doesn’t want much. He may have come here to get away from his home but now he wants to go back and the only way he can do that is if the resistance wins.

5 Likes

Name: unknown

Skills: unknown, but he is like a ghost and deadly

Known as: Mad Chaser (Galen jagare)

More info: There is almost nothing we know about him. We even don’t know if he is a he. But where he is seen, there is destruction. He is a lonely wanderer who moves over Östertörn and hunts machines. He doesn’t speek to others… His weapons and traps are his voice. No one knows why he is all alone and doesn’t meet up with the resistance and why he is hunting the machines like a predator… Is it just for fun? Is it some kind of revenge? What else are his reasons?

:warning: Stay cautious if you meet him. :warning:

6 Likes

Name: [REDACTED]

Special Move: [REDACTED]

History: [REDACTED]

7 Likes

Name: Ava Fritz
Special Move:

The following noise can be heard over coms surrounding the hills
010001100111001001101001011101000111101000100000010000010111011001100001001000000100000101100011011000110110010101110011011100110010000001000111011100100110000101101110011101000110010101100100

History:

Ex-militery serving in the second world war. Ava was One of the few Women who served as an Undercover military spy for the Allied Forces.

She trained in Arms Munitions and Science Tech, and Post war became one of the science team who designed the Technology that later became the robotic machines which patrolled and defended the coast of Sweden.

During her retirement, she moved to the coast of Salthamn and lived in a small farm cottage there.

When the machines turned, she recieved an anonymous call with coordinates of a nearby bunker, where she dissapeard of too.

Ava Fritz was not seen again, but roumour has it that the machines keep a watchfull eye on the hills around Östertörn because the resistance forces surrounding the farmlands have been able to fell the machines by terminating the connection to their local FNIX bases.

3 Likes

Sorry there’s no image, I’m not good at appearances.
I imagine him in fedoras, thick coats and black boots.

Name: Antoni Wyszynski

Special Move: Spotters Eye
(he uses camera/binoculars to highlight nearby robots for short time)

History: Antoni is a Polish man born during the German occupation of Poland during WW2 and is no stranger to conflict. He has traveled across Europe writing newspapers and editorials all over, but settled down in Sweden to take in the culture. Now that robots walk the farms, fields and towns, he has picked his camera back up again and uses his steady eye and good memory to help aid the resistance with intelligence and other spotter’s info.

2 Likes

Name: Aleksei Vanko
Special move: Upon fighting certain enemies and the reaper boss fight, He can send in a singular soldier class wolf as a friendly npc that stays allied until the enemy is defeated. After which, it despawns. (or possibly turns hostile or something.)
History: Originally the pilot of an Mi-4AV transport helicopter, Aleksei was shot down shortly after arriving and was the only one to survive the crash. He’s secretive, crafty and seems to have his own agenda. What’s with his obsession over the machines? Why does he keep rambling about figures in the dark? The company, and whatever this “Grey-suit” thing is that’s apparently pursuing him.

Description: A battered and beaten male soviet soldier with perpetual terror in his eyes and extreme paranoia in his voice and physical appearance. He wears standard soviet soldier fatigues with the patches ripped off.

3 Likes

Name: Magnus Ekberg.

Special move: Will spontaneously start singing and playing air drums or air guitar at any time. Sometimes, he’ll even light up a flare or firework to brighten someone’s day, man or machine. He may even share from his supply with players.

History: The love for music is Magnus’ driving force. His passion led him to Östertörn, where he’s currently forced to remain. Through the entire year of 1989, Magnus had driven across most of Scandinavia, visiting every major music festival and rock concert that he could make time for. A few months prior to the cataclysm, Magnus got a job as a stage technician, and began working with a concert organizer.

Back in november, they were arranging the Hällberga Festival on Himfjäll, when suddenly they were attacked by an unknown force of deadly machines. In the ensuing panic and confusion, Magnus and some others managed to escape into Rönhålla emergency shelter.

Over the last months his group has scattered, yet Magnus remains at Rönhålla. After weeks of scavenging parts and equipment, he has built a formidable stage and a setup of loudspeakers, lights, amps and instruments inside the bunker, safe from any enemy’s audio sensors. Magnus is happy to welcome in any fellow survivor to share and enjoy music with. He’ll be especially happy if somebody wants to play in the band alongside him.

Magnus is outspoken, beaming with musicality, and no matter the situation he always has a smile on his face.

6 Likes

Name: Jüniper Holmes
Special Move: Blinding from Behind
This special move allows for Jüniper to be able to disable machine optics given that she is behind the machine, using her binoculars with special attachments to short-circuit the components. While this is in effect she is invisible to the machine completely and able to attack, or run without adverse forces. (Machines regain their vision within a certain period of time I haven’t decided yet)

Jüniper was a prevalent figure of the Swedish technology community, having renowned skills for creating the most intricate security systems and always knowing how to break through anything, even if it took time she made it only a short span before getting into any system. Being paid by many companies to find the weak areas of their networks she was well versed in the structure of many different brands, including the military. Before the cataclysm happened, she was contracted by the military to attempt and break a new system they had developed but only on the first day the worst thing happened possible, the total defense training kicked into motion. And after hiding on her own with high end weapons only made available by her well paying previous job she had to make do trying to find what was happening. After some time, she had set into her situtation hiding within a well maintained bunker she had access to with all her equipment, only accessible by associates and high ranking military members. The bunker was entered from the side of a mountain and after some flights of stairs and small closets with many supplies it led to a heavy door with a barcode scanner. Upon entry you are met with desks full of papers, parts of machines Jüniper had collected and studied, and off to the right there is a window, about half as tall as the player, and it spans across half the room letting out a wide view of the forests below. An optimal viewing platform for studying machines, and attempting to send radio waves to them, possibly trying to hack them and make them friendly. There is a worn couch and a large t.v hanging on a wall for resting and next to the t.v there is a rack for storing guns, a silenced hunting rifle being the only weapon left on it.

After the cataclysm Jüniper holed up and observed, trying to break into the network that controlled the robots in hopes to take them all out at once without the possibility to come back. But all her attempts proved without results. She started making expeditions for supplies and parts, and saw first hand the damage done. She became a hardened individual, acclimated to the wastes left behind. And from that point onwards she started on her own mission to find other survivors, and started hailing non machine-controlled radio signals in her efforts to find help. And one time, she finds the player…

Her appearance can be seen in this sketch I made, showing off custom made armor with spikes and curves. Sharp edges and elegant fashion with belts and chains. with long hair covering her face with a metal mask and half shaved head making her appear intimidating to anyone. And not only that but parts of her body replaced with mechanical parts and items all over. She is a force to be reckoned with.

I am EXTREMELY apologetic for the picture quality of this drawing, my phone is currently broken and water damaged and I havent set up my printer to scan things yet. But you can see everything you need to in these pictures, but that aside. This is a character I had always dreamed of being in the game as my own personage but still a viable NPC. She could serve as a new mission and the player can lead her to the resistance and from there the resistance could band together with the player and her to make another huge swing at FNIX as a whole. Her base is an idea of an amazing sight I would love to see in GZ’s graphics and I feel would be such a unique and useful location found in the Forest region near Normyra Artillery base if it is still called that I can’t remember. But this would add a huge amount of potential to GZ’s story telling and I would be ever so grateful to see my idea be put into a game I have supported since day 1 of release, the time where no one believed in the game and how glitchy it was, but I stuck with it and now we are witnessing one of the greatest games of the past 2 years come together. Thank you to the GZ team for this amazing gift of labor and love, I’ll keep enjoying this game for many years to come!

3 Likes

Don’t mind the extra surrounding items and scenery, this was originally going to be a seperate project but it fits so perfectly for this I changed a little bit of it and the idea behind it to match better and so this is the outcome. And I hope with all my heart it earns a spot and maybe is implemented!

I love the “ghost” theme of this, it has lots of potential. But at the same time it needs a point to boost off of. With the Resistance having to be conservative with their resources it wouldn’t prove much a priority to find them, trap them, and find out more when they are already doing good for the resistance by killing machines with ease. So why possibly change that? If there was more info about him available it would be amazing as an NPC or character, and maybe if there was an incentive to find more out about them then just curiosity and some sort of huge reason like he seems to have a special way of killing the machines never before seen with massive effectiveness? I dont know for sure, but hey this is an amazing idea regardless

1 Like

Might as well put a personality.

Personality:
-As a Citizen from Japan, Yui keeps her Modest and polite manners towards strangers but will not hesitate to be cold blooded to anyone that threatens her as a way of repaying the attitude given towards her.

-Despite her Polite manners, Yui can drop the attitude depending on the atmosphere she is in and will be talking casually if her trust is earned.

-Her attitude towards hostile or threatening individuals (not including the machines) she will be a pacifist at first and tries not to escalate the situation and will apply logical reasons as to not resorting to violence, such as wasting bullets and attracting the attention of the machines such as Tanks and Hunters that will be patrolling nearby but if threatened by physical contact (such as sexual harassment while gunpoint) she will retaliate to that individual.

Black Lagoon Fabiola Knife Scene - YouTube< -The personality of the maid in this video is a sample before the gun fight. “Trying to be nice before the situation escalates then switches to cold blood once there are no other options but to retaliate for survival.”

-Whenever she is asked about her past, most of the topic will be regarding “Alpha” or simply saying Big Brother and her friends that perished during the early days of the Invasion. This proves that she admire Harry Hedman alot as “he was someone that made my life better after settling in Sweden and made me who I’am now.”

Ingame lore:

• First encounter with the player she will be talking to the player like a Maid welcoming visitors during a Scavenge run in the North Coast Region.

-Later on, you will find Yui in the middle of hunting big machines by hearing a dying tank at a residence area in the Mashlands region followed by gunshots and dying Runners. By the time the players investigate, Yui was already gone with blood trails indicating she was injured during the fight.

Brainstorming alot that i stayed for 4 hours past midnight…the main post that is.

This one is something extra and fill in some info that I may have to change.

1 Like

Name: Carlos Massaranduba Silva
Special Move: Ratcatcher’s Riff. Carlos accidentally discovered that he can put the smaller machines into a trance when he plays his guitar. He doesn’t know what to do after that.
History: Carlos “Silva not Santana” discovered late in life that he didn’t have as much talent for making a living from music as he always imagined. After the end of the band Massacration, of which he was the 4th replacement guitarist, he found a way to work in the music business, thus being able to live his dream. More or less.

Carlos was hired as a rodie by the band Bloody Deathclaw and then traveled to Sweden. And so he found himself in the midst of the machines apocalypse accompanied by his guitar, triangle, colorful clothes and an immense desire to return to Brazil. Carlos is colorblind and has always thought that, in his words, “the Hulk was a brown angry man”.

2 Likes

Generation Zero NPC Idea
I’m doing this based on something I think they should add to the game one day, but have an NPC as an example.

Name: Veran Istelia
Ability: Veran is known to be a Traveler, who loves to build Small Factories, to have her own Custom or Copy Cat Robots fight against the Machines.
History: Veran was one of the Top Engineers/ Programmers who worked on the FNIX Project, Upon the Chaos that had started, she escaped it, And due to her resourcefulness (Sorry if I spelled that wrong) She Vowed to take down the Machines, mainly FNIX, that destroyed her Home, By Using her Talent to Build Small Factories across the Landscape, which continuously make Resistant like Machines to fight against the FNIX Threat (At least these aren’t hacked to fight against Humans, unless Humans shoot them first.)
Description: Veran would most likely be hiding out up North, in a Self Made Base/ Factory that she made, though you can find one of those Small Factories in the Farmlands, Destroyed, but with some Resistance Hunters Nearby, fighting off the other Machines.
Machine Outfit: She can create the usual Machines of the Runners, Hunters, Tanks, or Harvesters, however, she usually sticks to the Hunters, they all are Black in Colored, With some Blue Detail/ Outlines and a Blue Resistance Symbol on them, The weapons equipped on these Robots are merely meant to fight against the Machines, rather than Humans.
(FYI, for the time being, Resistance Harvesters cannot summon Robots, but they do spam Rockets.)
Idea: This is just an idea of mine of expanding Base Defense, Adding in New Defenses, such as the Factories, which can create mainly Runners or Hunters with weapons mean 't against the Machines, although you can create then in other places not Base Defense related, to have them help you in random areas against the Machine Threat. Along with a Resistance like Bunker, the LMG Bunker (Basically a Bullet Hose) Along with some Hunters and Runners you can craft from the parts/ Materials you have, For just the looks.
Questline: Other than the randomly destroyed Factory in the Farmlands, you will meet Verna at one of her own made Factories in the Northern Lands, Her Quest line is all about Getting More Factories up and running to have Resistance Machines Help you out… But the real question is, do you think FNIX Will let you do so? Even if they cannot hack the Resistance Robots, they will definitely try all they can to destroy them.
Personality: She is a bit Dull, due to what she has been through, but she has the Stubbornness and Determination to find every FNIX Machine dead.
Looks: Although I cannot do pictures of anything look related, she’s basically a Swedish Women (Obviously) White in Color, And still decently Young, She wears a Scientists Outfit, along with some armor plating on her arms, hands, Legs, feet, etc./ Long Light Brownish like Hair, The Works.
(Sorry if I don’t have a pic, I am not good at Drawing, only describing.)

3 Likes

Name: Sven Olander
Date of Birth: June 7th, 1955
Place of Birth: Sweden, Stockholm
(Post-Cataclysm) Resistance Operations Commander
Special Move: thanks to Svens experience from the UNDK, he has the ability to gather information quickly and take down machines in one hit by hitting their most critical systems.
History: Sven was born into a family that had a very long military history, so his family had expected him to carry on that legacy. as soon as Sven had turned 18, he immediately enlisted as he was eager to serve his country proudly. 4 years after Sven enlisted, he was recruited to join the military’s intelligence agency, UNDK. As he continued to work with UNDK, he became somewhat of an idol to the agency, earning his fame for his skills and for never failing a mission until 1983. In 1983 Sven and his team had been sent to Soviet controlled Poland to retrieve a scientist who had defected, but the mission went awry. Svens whole team had been killed along with the scientist and Sven had barely escaped with his own life. 2 months after the incident, Sven had resigned and moved to peaceful little Östertörn. He spent 7 peaceful years of his life in Östertörn until The Cataclysm. Ever since that day, Sven has been fighting to take his home back and has been leading resistance operations both on and off the frontlines while using his trusty AG-5 that he named “Ripper”.
Military Background: Posted to the A-3 Wendes Artillery Regiment from August,1973 to May 1974.
Posted to the Skaraborg Armored Regiment from May 1974 to November 1977.
Recruited to join the UNDK’s (CLASSIFIED), Served with the (CLASSIFIED) from December 1977 to February 1983.
Personality: Most of the people that Sven works with in the resistance call him cruel while in reality he cares deeply about his comrades. While on the battlefield Sven is as hard as a rock and show’s no mercy to his enemies whether it be man or machine. But when Sven is off the battlefield, he opens his heart up to everyone and shows them what kind of person he really is.

Side Note: The UNDK is an actual Swedish Military Intelligence Agency and the units used are also actual Swedish units. It’s not something I made up. (Wikipedia was my source :slight_smile: )
Extra Side Note: Good luck to you all! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would add a new NPC for fun like this:

Name: Problembarn aka valp

How he looks: a runner with mixed parts ( mil, ph,) with a blue mark on his side.

History: build by the resistance while trying to identify how to exploit phoenix autonomous minions.
While building they cut him off from the communication traffic and recalibrated his friend and foe functions, seeing humans as allies.Also changing his function slightly.

Occupation : Roams from Resistance outpost to outpost to deliver messages while also recording
enemy movement.

Weaknesses: Water, slow movement, always glitching out ( running away randomly) and sometimes being under friendly fire.

Strenghts: Shotgun on his back for defense.
Blending in with robots, Boosted perception through modifications.

Location first meeting him: Resistance HQ on the Island.

Interaction: Prerecorded messages playing when interacting.

2 Likes

I suggest adding “run away to the other side of the map for no reason” in weaknesses.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing entries so far, very impressive! Definitely extra points for an added picture of your NPC! :wink:

4 Likes

Arvid
Occupation , none
Special move, stealth/tracking
Arvid grew up in the forest’s of Sweden and was taught to hunt by his dad. During these hunting trips, which would last for days/weeks, his dad would tell stories about the war. In particular he would learn about the greatest sniper that ever lived, Simo Hayha ( Den Vita Dodon).
This inspired Arvid to join the armed forces and ended up in the Jamltand Ranger Corps.
It is said that he learnt of a secret military operation that led to him leaving the army to lead a solitary life in the forest that he loved so much.
Now a new threat has risen, he helps survivors that he finds fleeing through the forest.

1 Like

Name: Ronen Heroux
Special Move: Assassin’s Cloak. He has a cloak that masks his heat and hides him from OPV. This allows him to become invisible to the bots.
History: He was a part of an elite squad of robot hunters created early in the takeover… Until one day on a mission everything was going well until all of a sudden he felt a something cold on the back of his head and the last thing he heard was a quiet “Goodbye Ronen you’ve done your part” then a seeker screeched followed by hunters running in and shooting his ex-squad the leader pulled the trigger as he was shot the bullet missed his brain he passed out and dropped to the floor left for dead before he was found and saved by other members of the resistance. He spends his life hunting bots alone with his bow and duel swords as he learned that he can’t trust others.

1 Like