Concept: New Weapons

I still want to walk up to a Runner and say “Hasta La Vista” and pop it with the deagle

and also I wouldn’t mind the MG42 with its 1200 bullets per minute fire rate
Or the SPAS-12 ngl

It’s true the Deagle may not be super reliable. But show me a single gun in the game that jams. Not just semi auto’s, I’m talking machine guns. None of them ever jam. So, I don’t think reliability is in this equation.

That said, let’s talk about power. The .50 ae sure packs a lot of it. Imagine popping a runner with a crisp fmj. It would go straight through its armor. I think that’s a pretty good combat gun, at least, in game. And balancing wouldn’t be an issue, it wouldn’t have the best accuracy, for sure, and recoil would be crazy, even with a compensator it would be a lot.

The 1911 may not be 100% reliable either, but like I said, it’s a video game. Now, the .45 ACP it’d be firing would have good knock down power, but low velocity so it would be highly effective against components, but probably less against armor.

1 Like

So I just discovered the AA12 existed in 1980

Seems not to be correct, if this article is true:

An assault shotgun already existed in the 80s, but the AA-12 was produced and tested by the US Forces from 2004 on.

It would be best to think about filling some gaps.
If you compare the already released weapon-packs there are still missing some soviet weapons/weapontypes:

It was in development since the 70s, but they only made a handful of functioning models in the early 2000s for USMC testing. So it wouldn’t make any sense for it to appear in Östertörn in 1989/90.

I wouldn’t want to see a PKM, because it would most likely end up being near-identical to the KVM 59, just like the N16/AG5 or N9/Klauke. It isn’t Soviet, but I would like to see the German MG3. As a high fire rate 7.62 it would actually have a unique niche in the game.

I don’t think they should even bother adding another pistol at this point, the weapon wheel has made handguns totally redundant.

And as for an Eastern Bloc SMG, I think the CZ Skorpion would be my choice. Another gun in .32ACP would be interesting, and it’s a lot more iconic of a weapon.

But those are just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Sorry bro i dont read the small font :confused:

I second this one, we asked long time ago for some gun able to chew .32 ammo. Scorpion was definitely present in Sweden during 80’s…

3 Likes

I’d totally support. There was also talk in other threads of an experimental Moller pp that was fully automatic, I’m not sure what yall think about that, but it is deffinatelly and interesting concept.

1 Like

Personally I would like to see a few none DLC flamethrowers, as those are actually used in farming.

Seriously they are a good field burning tool.

how was it present in Sweden?

1 Like

Usually people just bring em to places.
I bet that is how they got there.

1 Like

Criminal gangs, but indeed present at that time…

I think the scorpion could be the gun mounted in the runners using the 32 cal. Because it’s definitly not a Möller they are using.

Just because they drop 32 cal ammo, they don’t have to use them.
Otherwise all the other machines would use the different ammo they drop, even if they don’t have a weapon for it, too.

No i think it is an weapon uniqe to the runner. Like they made one just for the machine. And why whould they use a gun from the eastern bloc? If they whould use a weapon they they whould use the Kpist instead.

3 Likes

Because it’s small. And all weapons Sweden used back then where not domestic so they could easily have imported a few scorpions for this purpose.
And honestly i think it’s stupid for machines to run around with ammo they can’t use.
I think they should only drop ammo for weapons they carry. But that discussion is for another thread.

1 Like

But i mean that they created a machinegun just for the robot, and that they didnt use a scorpion

CZ 61 Skorpion would be a nice addition. With .32 ammo and that very low recoil it would definitely be my goto SMG. The MAC 11 is fun but the mad recoil with the 9mm makes it difficult to handle.

3 Likes