Contact - Day 5

just lights, but there are fnix bots here, im ss as much as possible

Oh, never thought those islands were populated … yet :wink:

just got some hunters, seekers and runners, all fnix. u on xbox? i can inv

I’m on Xbox! Well, technically I’m not because my home is being refurbished and everything is packed away for another two or three weeks. But if you’re game then, I’d love to do co-op when I’m up running again. It’ll be a first for me though … haven’t tried it yet :slightly_smiling_face:

kk, imma keep exploring, have a good 1!

1 Like

Well… yes… at least the… errrm… upcoming one… :wink:

Btw some bad surprise to encounter a bunch of FNIX Hunters in the open, really nowhere to run to…
But I managed to duck in time and got away. Ran into some Seekers and a squad of Runners later and left some scrap metal behind…

3 Likes

this place is gonna be awesome!!!

1 Like

Yeah I just noticed today the 2 new sets of lights off in the distance. Pretty cool.

Guys, try to keep the forums free from spoilers about the upcoming content.

Also, from which direction can I see the lights?

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. This game is far from ready for dlc with the buggy barron state it’s in. If the developers do have the nerve to charge for something before the game is made playable, then they really need to rethink their priorities. Feels like any bug related talk gets quickly overlooked.

lennarts marin ab safehouse.

I agree that bugs need to be fixed, and the speed at which this happened hasn’t been overwhelming so far.

That said, the game is immensely playable in solo at least on PC, so not sure what that’s about? If they could fix the frequent crash-on-join this year, that’d be spiffing though. :crying_cat_face:

I agree with the general gut feeling of “fix the bugs before you do anything else”, but from a rational point of view, it possibly makes little sense that the people who are good at world-building must sit on their thumbs until the people good at debugging are done debugging?

I’m not sure what you mean by “barron”, but if that’s “barren” and referring to the fact that each robot has its niche, rather than having a hundred different types just for variety’s sake, or that the game has good pacing and convincing placement (robots in hot spots or migrating, but not robots behind every bush, so you can sneak around, scope out, and have downtime between fights), then please no. That’s not a lack in my book. That is the exact promise on which I bought the game.

6 Likes

You’re right, I was wrong to call it barren. It has improved drasticly in that respect and yes the world builders should carry on doing what theyre doing (as long as thats not the whole team). My main feeling at the moment is that there is a drastic lack of communication from the devs regarding bugs. I’m on xbone so can’t comment on the playability of pc but on console, I can reliably fire up the game and run into reload, hit reg and slowdown to the point it’s unplayable.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear. :frowning: I realize there are some things on console we PC heads just don’t see, like “weapon change unreliable”, and such.

1 Like

when is this patch/dlc coming? I’m still waiting for a patch to fix the issue with not being able to complete wrench in the works, can’t enter safe room in villa or the bunker itself, and maybe something to unlock the locked doors at norrmyra artillery base;) and, maybe, fill that huge concrete arena with tanks, one behind each door, and then it is time for you to open as many doors as you dare;)

1 Like

I was curious and checked Lennarts Marin AB when it was dark, but couldn’t see any lights on the island ?

All I could see from there were some distant lights roughly southward but that are the lights of Salthamn, Mörtnäs and Stenhaga Farm and also the Stenudden Lighthouse.
And the distant light northward is from the Lerberget saw mill / lumberyard.

Am I missing something ? Which lights did you see ? My position was at the pier right in front of the warehouse.

2 Likes

Standing the same place I’m sure I saw the same lights that @iren_mayden mentions on the other side of the water. (Xbox like Iren)

2 Likes

Day 6 - the signal went silence - did the team perish in the winter landscape or are just doing a really really good after ski party?

1 Like

Hmm… I’m on PC, maybe that’s the “issue”… :thinking:

I couldn’t see any lights either. And I went all around the peninsulas. If someone could post a screenshot, that’d be nice :slight_smile: