Contact - Day 5

And nobody will force you too :slightly_smiling_face:

If I had been bothered with bugs to the extend that some players in here apparently have, I would probably leave the game for some months and then come back and check the status. Eventually, I am sure we’ll all get a stable game. And I’m sure it will be worth waiting for. But as we already are quite a few screaming for new content, Avalanche has to make some difficult decisions keeping us happy while trying to iron out bugs at the same time.

3 Likes

Hey guys :slight_smile: I see you’re still keeping the forum alive. I’ve been inactive since the beginning of september, and I haven’t played GZ since the end of august. Currently I’m enjoying the hell out of Borderlands 3, and I had planned on jumping to The Outer Worlds once I was done with B3, but I can’t do it… I’m gonna play GZ again! I really want to see what the Rivals and Exp. weapons has done for the game, and now that the game world is expanding as well, there really is no doubt. It’s gonna be a lot of new stuff to play with since last time I played! :star_struck: The only problem is that I find less and less time in my life to play, and at this rate I won’t finish B3 in 2019… :confounded: Some day, robot-infested 80’s Sweden, I’m coming back… :heart:

3 Likes

What makes you think a Dog wouldn’t get into a building? We’ve found their carcasses in several buildings so we now they can. Yes, Hunters doing it is irritating, but keep a look-out behind you at all times! If you’re fighting from one door (in a barn, say) drop a mine or two at the other end - when you hear it go bang, you’ve got company.

Yes, we NOW they can. But they couldn’t before the June update :joy:

Oh touché! Cheapshot!

1 Like

Ohh yes !! During my beginning I found this out twice on different occasions…

The first time I got detected in barn on the upper floor and accepted to fight trough those half open doors. It went pretty well until a squad of military hunters showed up. They stomped around the barn, fired their heavy machineguns and… boy, that sounds extremly close, I thought… and got hit a few times… from where? How? And turned around just to face two of them behind me in the corner of the barn… :flushed::flushed: On the upper floor… One of them shot me nearly to pieces and jumped in for the kill… I have that ugly *kachingggg * sound still in my ears… :confused:

The second encounter was a prototype hunter silently hiding below the stairs to the upper floor…
A “nice” little surprise when you want to go downstairs and have no clue… :flushed::laughing::laughing: He nearly got me but I managed to get into the part with the horse boxes, healed up and finished him off in return… :grin:

Oh, just to be clear, all of the big barn doors were fully closed…

1 Like

I know - I always drop a mine at the top of the stairs. They’'ll get in warehouses too, even though you are firing through the one small open door. Though, curiously, I don’t think they can get out again. So you can rush out, deal with the rest and fire into the doors to kill them off - too clever for their own good them tricksy Hunters…

1 Like

PS, GZ may “respect” you, but I don’t. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’ve no problem with dogs walking through the door as that would be quite normal - it’s a choke point and they can be ambushed. And I do that.

But Hunters teleporting through walls? And even teleporting through walls and landing on me! It’s a very bad bug which is immersion breaking and I shouldn’t have to allow for it.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Hunters magically get into a warehouse but can’t get out again.

But not long ago I encountered a runner that managed to get out of a house again.

1 Like

I just don’t like Hunters, so I don’t trust the buggers at all, ever. In my own mind, I keep the immersion by thinking that they have hacked their way in with that wicked old sword. If I know it can happen, then I can allow for it and leave nasty surprises for them. That might be a very interesting idea, actually. I might make a post… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, be gentle with this creature, @Bootie :cry:

I’m just a very sensitive and sweet little bull that has decorated one of his horns with mistletoe, hoping to be kissed :kissing_heart::ox: :joy:

Oh, by the way … regarding my “Respect” badge (and yours, I might very well add) … everybody knows that GZ is full of bugs :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t like hunters? My favourite mech!
I really miss them clipping through walls and scare the hell out of me, miss them taking a death tango with me on rooftops, miss them jumping into 2nd floor wall and even miss them chasing me into the stairs of houses standing fiercely above me…and if lucky enough to survive go downstairs and find a bunch of runners inside the closed house…aah that were the days when the horror and tension ruled. The feeling of nowhere safe…bring it back I say :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I once ended up in a tough fight with a band of hunters and runners, and had withdrawn to the first story of a barn, fighting out of a half closed door. I then heard a sound behind me … turned around slowly … and there he stood, the hunter. I pulled the trigger and in the very same split second, I got the sword.

A few adrenaline shots later, I got him terminated. Yes, perhaps he teleported in behind me, perhaps that was silly. But I certainly recall the incident, and it was quite entertaining :wink:

4 Likes

I love those barns with two floors. It’s like a fortress, great for holding off pursuing enemies.

Another funny thing, people say a lot of buildings are copypasted in this game, but those kind of barns are an extremely common sight in the swedish countryside.

2 Likes

I love barns to, especially the two story ones. From I started playing the game, the very first thing I did when entering a barn was to close all doors save one half of the double doors. It was almost like an OCD thing.

Then one day I forgot it. The first floor double door at the end of the ramp was left wide open, and the machines literally was queueing up to get inside. That took me by surprise and at a point I was fighting three runners on the first floor. Finally I had to seek cover down the ground floor.

So now I’m back at closing doors …

2 Likes

Some people don’t remember Or think of housing track homes. Aka suburbs. Almost every suburban track home in 90s-now are cut n paste in real life. In the States for sure. I don’t have a prob with the consistency of houses that look the same. Or barns. I get lost in transition during fights anyways and are a blessing for protection in game. I would how ever love to walk into stores, police stations and fire stations later. Maybe find more ammo and meds from them. Tool items from stores…

2 Likes

i see lights across the river near lennarts marin ab, is that island the new dlc?

2 Likes

lol, in addition, i just had a safehouse unlock on said island,says no description provided. pretty cool except when you walk towards lights they disappear.

Yes, I remember seeing the lights too. But if you look through the binoculars, they are not attached to structures, right? They are just points of light.