Crash on startup on PC (Dangerous Experiments Update)

Cleaned up thread a bit. Remember, this is a report thread, not a discussion thread.

:broom:

//Mod

2 Likes

After the last update December 12, 2022, the game began to crash immediately after launch. Previously, before that, no crashes never occurred. Platform: Windows 7 64-bit, CPU Pentium G3460, RAM 16 GB, Graphics: nVidia GTX 570 Twin Frozr III.

P.S. nvidia Driver, VC++ redist, .net Framework, etc. is up-to-date…

What should I to do ? Thanks !

Dominator MSI with 32 gig ram, gtx 1060. game installed to ssdrive with over 1 tb space.
Game worked before update… now game will constantly crash …

Game starts,… screen shows the 4 square dots and then the two wheels at bottom roght of screen. then game stops… and PC will have message programme failed blar blar… windows looking for a solution… etc … etc.
Sometimes game will load to the main option screen …then crashes to desktop.
ALL game play is in ‘single play’. All play is keyboard and mouse.
Processes…
re installed through steam…twice . once to ssd drive …second install to standard drive.
removed my saved files.
checked all driver are updates.

Здравствуйте. Та же проблема. Мой пост: Game crashes immediately after launch
Посмотрим - что ответят разработчики…

Moved to main thread about the issue.

//Mod

I’m about to give up on Generation Zero, because there are many players with problems and nobody solves it

I’ve tried to launch the game with old saves (until 12.12.2022) - crashed. An attempt to launch a game in offline is the same. Badness of the situation in the fact that at emergency completion, no diagnostic messages are issued - try to understand where the error lies …

Some more tries:

1. Try to start the game without a safegame. (make a backup and remove the original folder)

2. Try to disconnect/delete your apex connect account. Log in on its webpage, select delete and run the game.
    https://apex-connect.avalanchestudios.com/

When starting the game you may chose to abort deletion of the account.

I did as you advised - no positive result … Sorry and thanks for the attempt to find a solution.

1 Like

Since the crash occurs with different OS and with different configurations, it can be assumed that the truth is somewhere nearby… :shushing_face:

1 Like

Still no fix for this?

It’s unlikely there will be a fix until more information can be provided.

For a start, can you provide a copy of the crash report and your save files?

We also need to rule out if you’ve been using mods, at any point, even if they are uninstalled.

That’s easy. Zero mods. Zero mods installed, played with, or even downloaded the entire time i’ve owned the game, which has been quite a while. Crash report won’t let me upload because it says the file type is not allowed on the forum, so aside from clicking “Send Report” which i always do, where can i send the file?

https://support.generationzero.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

plataforma pc steam
cpu ryzen 7 5700g
grafica rx5700xt
32 gigas ram
nv adata 2 teras
win 11
desde la ultima actualizacion no se inicia el juego he desistalado he actualizado pero ya no se que mas hacer
no uso mods pero no llega a iniciarse
atentamente Patricio riba

What exactly happens?
Nothing at all?
Crash with error message at a specific moment?
Crash without error message?

The game won’t launch after update.

I took the liberty of translating, and merging with the main thread about the issue.

The devs are aware of it.

//Mod

I join the problem. Crashes after update.

I’ll go ahead and link to the post about the Test Build fix here.

See if that works for you guys.