Crashing during Clearing the way

Unistall fnix dlc if you can and that should get you working again

If you still need help Uninstall the fnix dlc

Just one thing:
It’s not a final help. It’s a workaround for getting able to fast-travel there and to play again.
But of course it doesn’t help for the dlc missions progress.

So how does uninstalling a dlc I paid for and want to Finnish help me

Will this ever be fixed? I really would like to continue the DLC, on my friends save, (We’ve been playing on it from start to current) he started the DLC, we put the Armor plates on the truck, then as soon as we did, BOOM, game crash for everyone in the lobby. Today, we went to play again, he tries to boot into his lobby, no dice, game crashes right away. He was only able to play by me booting up my save and joining on me. I really want to do the DLC missions, I am a bit of a completionist, but I am afraid to corrupt my save by trying to play the 8 dollar DLC that has seemed to do more harm to the stability of the game than adding any meaningful content. I really like this game, it is extremely fun to me. I just don’t want the money I spent to be a waste.

Thanks for reporting this everyone! Hope to have a solution for this available in a potential hotfix (the one mentioned in the dev letter).

Thank you so much man, I’m really glad to see that the dev team is aware of this and trying to fix it.

Do we have any sort of ETA on this? Kinda sad that I bought this dlc just to have it nuke my save file.

Hey guys. Just reminding you that you can create another character and it will be in the same “universe” as your main. So you can still play even if your main is trapped in limbo.

I got this bug, and I was able to continue playing on my Engineer specced character. You can access everything in your lootbox as well.

You cannot go into much of the outh coast, along the route that the Truck will take. If you do your game will crash, but you will wind up back at your last safehouse.

Same issue here on Windows 10 with Steam version. After arming the truck with plates and the snow pile, it crashed and now it crashes just when trying to get into the game. Developers, please fix that. It’s already almost 2 weeks since the first report.

XBoxOneX
I believe that the issue is related with ‘picking up the bombs’ next to the tunnel, near the bike desk. There are two wooden barrels right along the outside back wall of the garage between it and the tunnel. Now, I picked up the bombs to “prepare the way” BEFORE the “test run” mission. I think the error I made creating the glitch and the constant unplayable crashing is because the game loaded Cali “in the truck BEFORE I Cleared The Way” and I saw him in the truck (remember, I had the bombs and was on my to blow up the two points), but I saw his outline in the truck and “spoke to him BEFORE clearing the way” i.e. I did not use the bombs on those two points “before I spoke to Cali in the truck”. One process occurred before the other and auto saved it as a progression point. Even when I create another character we are still stuck on that mission. I run a few meters and crash.

If one process is expecting the bombs to be used on the two points first, then Cali should never appeared in the truck before the bombs were picked up and the two other points along the way were blown up. That is when I could not play more because of crashing. I cannot reproduce because it auto saved progression.

TEMP FIX! FoxRiderz13 August 31st post is a positive work around, good work. WARNING: If you do not have ANY game SAVEs you played “Off-Line” SAVED IN THE XBOX ONLINE CLOUD storage, these save(s) stored in this Local Storage area WILL be deleted, when not saved on a compatible EXTERNAL storage device IF you choose to follow the directions after this warning (End Warning). On XBox (X) (I suggest) you first do what our friend FoxRidez13 suggests, REMOVE the FNIX DLC. One way to do this is "highlight the Gen Zero icon like you are about to launch, BUT instead of launching, press the Start button (the one with the three lines). Then, select Manage game and add-ons. Select the Gen Zero game and press the “A” button. You should see the game and add-ons. UNCHECK the FNIX add- on. You should see a comment “Will Remove”. Use B-button to back out to main screen where you started. Now go to “System, Settings, Storage Devices” This is where the Local Game Storage for XBox 360 and Newer Consoles are found. (I) Clear both areas here. Each clearing action will reboot your Console and you will have to navigate back after 1st clear/reboot to get the second cleared. RESULT: I can play everything else again!:+1:Great observation FoxRiderz13, Thank You.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Lol I’m just grateful to be able to play again on my main character haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Platform:

• PC

Build

• WIn 11
  • B550-F Gaming Wifi II MB
  • Ryzen 9 5950
  • 46 GB Ram
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT
  • 1t SSD
  • 500gb M.2 (operating system)

Description:

• Completed a DLC mission (the one where you Kit out the Truck with a snowplow) with Friend and then went to start next mission and game Crashed. now, every time I load my character in single player my game crashes a few seconds after loading. Its a constant loop.

• Made a second Character, Tried to Fast travel and game crashed.

• Tried all the suggestions in your post about compatibility and updates etc. but to no avail.

Steps To Reproduce:

• Start the game and “Continue” or choose first character. → Crash
  • Choose Second Character and Fast Travel. → Crash

Note

• only managed to get a total of 25.5 Hours game play… Was thoroughly enjoying the game with my friends and was also streaming the game on my Twitch… I want to get back into the game (pref with all my current loot) so if there is anything else that you can suggest for me to fix the game im all ears.
  • Also uninstalled/reinstalled the game and validated a few times to. but to no avail.

Moved to thread covering the issue.

//Mod

Not right now but hope to have it available soon!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
At the moment it’s “Generation Zero Start”, sadly :wink:

If you create a new character you can log into your world and play. Just stay away from that mission area, and all the way down to the end of the Peninsula, the truck route.

This includes Minken Command Bunker.

Platform: PC

Description: Game Crashed when starting the mission Clearing the Path. Game then repeatedly CTD 3 seconds upon starting the game with the same character, as the quest starts as I start the game.

Steps To Reproduce: Unknown how to reproduce. Steps taken before mission start: I obtained all the armor plates on the previous quest, then left vehicle bay doors open when attaching the plating to the truck. I talked to Calle in the truck, then the game CTD’d immediately.

Images / Videos: Unavailable

Host or Client: Solo play (Host)

Players in your game: None

Specifications: Graphics card: RTX 2060 SUPER with up to date driver (9/6/2022), Processor: Intel i7-10700 CPU 2.90GHz, RAM: 16GB

Additional Note My crash submission program when the game crashes does not send reports, giving an error. That prompted me to make this bug report.