Customization of weapons

The easiest way, as in already in the game: Let us select any (lower) level skin on our golden (or just current) weapons (and it’s lower attachments too!).

Yes a lot of people love the shiny pimp-weapons, but I don’t. Not only since they are insanely shiny, they also have bright green lights on their sights that is very distracting at nighttime.

I want my weapons to work good/personal, and look functional/real/military. I take the look of a blue or purple weapon any day, over a shiny one.

Add additional skins?.. sure why not! Add actually golden skins too while you’re at it, and it will be something fun for everyone.

Doing some minor customization with no real sane function? Sure! I wouldn’t mind trading ½ point of handling for duct taping a flashlight to the gun… or an IKEA Knife as a bayonet, that hardly hurt a tick, or just do that, impales the tick that comes flying… or anything along the lines of making it more personal.
Have the extended barrel/silencer being visible or not as a toggle …on a workbench.

Let us sacrifice most of the accuracy of the shotguns by sawing them off, either the stock or the barrels, or both, changing spread and handling …and looks, quite drastically…
Bring in a double barreled shottie (and a normal O/U one too) when giving us access to the metal saw, or a really noisy angle grinder and a welder!, to try to get our shotties to be even more …interesting.

Let me weld my switch on my AK4 to semi-auto!!! No matter if it changes it’s stats in any way, just let me keep it there!. (as soon as manually reloading in the inventory, weapons resets fully and gets back to default vision mode and default fire mode… sure it’s a bug now… but I will never ever use it on full auto anyway)

One of my major ‘wants’ is being able to add a visible vision mod to the ACOG’s, as one can already swap an ACOG for the normal sights on the AK4 and AK5, that have the functions of the vision mod intact… but don’t show the vision mod, even as the sight have a straight left side just waiting for a vision mod to be slapped on.

“It’s too small to fit a vision mod”
Well the 44 Magnum scope says it’s a 2-4x… No it’s not! it’s actually a 1 to~4x, and don’t take up much more room than the ACOG. (The ACOG is inferior to almost every other scope as it is already, in aiming and as it only have one level of zoom, but I still like the look of it, and usage of an aimpoint’ish scope were ~1000 to 1 ‘real’ scope on the AK4 and AK5’s anyway)
It will not give it any situational overview advantage, ad most of it’s left side will be covered by the vision mod anyway and boing zoomed in :wink:
Here 44 scope vs ACOG :

Far Cry: New Dawn, (While sadly dropping most ideas that made it a far cry game, so long time ago that I don’t even remember the number if it!) had quite interesting custom weapons… that were tied to tiers, and 100% pre-made an non-customizable, so they more or less tossied the idea of creating something unique out of the window.
The ideas for some interesting weapons were there, but they turned out to be static custom.

So a little want/rant/‘gimmie custom fun stuff to play around with’

…And grenade launchers for the assault rifles! Both the AK’s (AG’s) were ready to use (and used/uses) the m203, even as I can’t remember it’s Swedish name/designation.
I wouldn’t mind duct-taping that one on too.
Not sure if the terrorist gun AK 47, can take that one without duct-tape. But it do have it’s own version, but saving time modeling, the M203 could be used.

…But mainly Duct-Tape. There is no problem that can’t be solved or created with duct-tape!
Tape 2 mags together (jägarmag) Tape a gas-can to a flare. Tape three large fuelcells to one of your ticks.

Make a nice ‘Lucia-Krona’ out of your dried up ‘Midsommar-krans’ by taping fireworks to it and be the light of the party, and making the bots have problems targeting.

The options are endless :smiley:

The (G3 based) AK4 (AG4) , do have quite a few color options, that could be changed from each part. (even if I ever seen a wooden one)
AK

1 Like