Dangerous Experiments Feedback Thread

From what I’ve seen, there are guaranteed drops for all sorts of items.
Lynx corpses always have electrolyte.
Backpacks always have textile.
Ammo boxes always have explosives (only the ones with a triangle on them).
Car engines always have accelerant.
Runners always have lead. (pre-placed dead runners have lead 95% of the time)
Human bodies always have plastic (Curse you microplastics!).
Seekers and Hunters always have steel.
Toolboxes always have adhesive.

I’m guessing there’s more.

There’s also the fact that scrapping batches have been changed. Previously you’d get 1 adhesive and 2 textile for 10 simple medkit scrapped. Now it’s 1 adhesive and 2 textile PER medkit.

Only issues I see are with things like resistance pack craftables; arrows use resources that are not plentiful via scrapping like wood.

Did anyone test the new experimentals with their experimental ammo yet?

One sad thing:
The Älgstudsare is another experimental with experimental health ammo and shock ammo. But the effects could be different. :man_shrugging:

Yes. 89 has no difference, its still useless with it due to the overheating. Alg is a weird one, shock ammo has a nice visual but nothing changes about it. Medical Ammo will heal more the longer its been in the air, similar to the damage itll do. Magnus will have explosive Shrapnel with explosive .44 in, Tar i never really tested but i imagine all shrapnel will slow the robots or itll be FMJ/HP all over again.

1 Like

kvm 89 and älgy are kinda bad, especially disappointed by the KvM 89 since it cannot get off more than 15-17 shots without overheating or pausing in max damage mode, it’s the only exp that is worse than its base 5-star version because there isn’t really an enemy you can kill with this amount of shots on skirmish or higher diff except runners, then there’s the fact that when I want to snipe I can just use PvG which has the highest burst and sustained damage. Älgstudsare is a very nice idea but where is the use case for a weapon like that, base defense enemies close in to fast and for base assault we use GrG and the m79 from the DLC, if the rifle had a higher magazine capacity it would be fine, but with 3 shots and distance needed it’s not good and I will never use it. Didn’t find the magnus yet, but KvM 89 and Älstudsare are both good ideas with terribad execution. Plus both have no useful interaction with exp ammo it seems.

Espeically having to waste a good 20 bullets with the KvM before it hits something is a joke, at least make it have the base guns fire model and then get accurate.

It’s still incredibly difficult to make large batches of medical first aid kits though. 8 adhesive, 16 textile, and 2 uranium per medkit. 1200 textile can make only 75 kits.You have to search 8 backs for one medkit or dismantle multiple other medkits. The advanced medkit doesn’t heal enough considering you only get one per high level machine and standard and basic medkits are just useless. Experimental ammo crafting in general isn’t worth it either. The amount of rounds you get per uranium is too little to actually use effectively. A base defense gives 2-3 uranium or close to that and it can take over 200 rounds of shock mo to clear it. So 8 uranium used for 2 in return.

1 Like

The crafting was a bad change. I don’t like looting buildings or cars in this game because of the lack of variety but now I might have to because I’m constantly out of decent medkits. The bulk crafting was better.

1 Like

:thinking:
It’s a loot shooter.
If you don’t like looting, maybe it’s the wrong game for you.

I never had problems with medkits, but I don’t use experimental ones in general. Same with experimental ammo. You do not need to use it. If you wish to use it, you have to do some effort for getting the ressources.

Btw, for each level above lvl 31 you get 5 additional uranium.

Today I got an experimental KVM89. Better: I got two. And two experimental 12G :roll_eyes:

Tried it with heat ammo against a lvl 4 rival wolf.
I like other guns more. Ok to use, if you know how to, but… You cannot even attach a red dot to it. Ok, makes sense because of the temperature meter.

Unlocked all the crafting receipes (items) today. Crafted about 25000 fuel and some other stuff to get the needed points while standing in a base next to my recycling station. Then spend the points and recycled everything again.

Well, for long time players too easy to do. For beginners maybe an additional challenge.

1 Like

I love looting machines and stuff I just dislike looting homes and cars because of the lack of variety. I don’t use experimental ammo either just experimental medkits. I use experimental medkits because they are extremely useful. The normal medkits just feel like they heal too little considering you only get one or two per machine. I also have a very limited time frame to play of about 2 hours every other day. I play the game to shoot machines and watch stuff blow-up with occasional roleplay. The crafting allowed me to get into the action quickly without having to loot dozens of backpacks and tool boxes. Now I’m out of textile and medkits. Btw I have multiple max level characters so it’s not me being a new player.

The KVM 89 is really good at removing components quickly but it’s definitely not a dps kind of weapon which is odd for a lmg.

The crafting change is a nice attempt on the devs part, to bring the game back to its roots of sorts.

The player character was not ever meant to be running around with like 7k bullets, your meant to scavenge to survive, fighting a guerilla war.

Thats why the game lost its atmosphere and difficulty so quick, because with the old crafting system you never had to worry about running out of ammo, you could always go to a station and craft tens of thousand of bullets in only a few seconds.

1 Like

But it’s not that anymore. I bought the game on PlayStation in late 2020. At that point running around with 7000 rounds was common. That’s what I expect too play. I expect to play a fast paced looter shooter while occasionally using stealth elements when roleplaying. The atmosphere is gone as soon as you get a 4 crown weapon. A decent player could kill any machine with a 4 crown weapon.

I think we can come to an agreement though. The crafting should have been nerfed but not nearly as hard as it has been. I think the main issue here is that everyone defending it and hating on the crafting nerfs have different play styles. People who defend it most likely use actual guerilla tactics and don’t need as much ammo or medkits because they snipe. People who dislike it, like me, most likely rush into machines meaning you use more medkits and the changes affect them more meaning they have a more visceral reaction too it. I rush with everything.This means I get shot a lot more and need a lot of medkits. 2 medkits per machine doesn’t cut it considering the amount I need. I think 7 medkits per craft would have been good and 200 instead of 300 per craft of ammo. Around a 30 percent nerf should work.

Mmh?
Did they change some safehouses?
Have been at sorken yesterday and wondered that there just was a fmtel and a plundra.
No crafting, no recycling,…

@Gysbert Sadly in your map there is no marker at this place about which stations could be found there. Am I wrong or has it changed at this place?

Isn’t there crafting in the sorken in the warboard room?

Happy with the crafting changes.
Exp Alg is excellent for specific uses.
Exp .44 is a bit OP when used correctly.
Exp MG not tested as it’s not my play style.
Not seeing any more bugs than before the update.
Still seeing the same bugs as before the update.

Another mmh…

I noticed soviets coming close to sundby camping control point in forest region now.
I even had firebirds flying over my Tylöveden base.

Since when are they entering forest region that deep?

And I checked the granatgevär (and the experimental one) on ps5, too. No experimental ammo selectable.
And when I emptied my ammo on a base and later crafted some new, it was just loaded with 1 round instead of 2. Could be explained by now just getting 1 round each time you craft ammo. In the moment you craft the 1st round it gets reloaded, but then doesn’t add the 2nd round.

Not for me, at least until dark skies. Haven’t been in that part of forest region since then, until today.

Soviet machines always went that far. Ive always seen Scout Lynxes around Geanhygget and Sundby Camping spot.

Now I even had soviets at dyrbo control point.
They never have been there, I could swear…

Btw.
The location of överby control point slightly moved. Now it’s outside of my base there. Brilliant work.

Crafting of adrenaline is quite expensive.
100 fuel for each. Well, the counter said that I had over 700 fuel to spend, but it stopped crafting after spending 200.
The problem: 250 fuel were in my inventory, over 500 in my plundra, but when it wasn’t able to use more from my inventory, it stopped.

Been a while since I was last here, but these new experimental weapons are really irking me.

I can’t speak on the hunting rifle, as I don’t own it yet, but I have the MG and Magnus, and I gotta say, calling them underwhelming doesn’t do them justice.

I will say that the MG’s experimental effect is actually a good idea, I really like it. The problem I have with it is that it overheats far, far too quickly, and the overheat punishment is too severe for the time you get to fire it. It’s a machine gun, it’s meant to be fired continuously, as is the purpose of an MG in the real world. I find, however, that I have to essentially burst fire this thing to get any use out of it, and the juggling around keeping the heat gauge where it’s needed is just too much when you’ve got a pair of wolves hounding you, with lynxes in tow. I really feel that the heat shouldn’t build as fast when in the red zone, or do something like the BL3 COV guns in which it can fire at maximum heat for a time, but pushing it will cause problems.

The Magnus is, to be blunt, bad. Really bad. Perhaps I’m not using it right, but when I dump 450 HP rounds into a lone Soviet Wolf, and it doesn’t kill even with an extra 8 RPG’s, that worries me. The entire 15 minutes I was camped in that house firing on that Wolf, I was wondering how much faster it would have been with a 5C Mjoller, or hell, even the Exp Klaucke. This thing needs a major damage buff to be viable at all beyond taking pot shots at runners, as it can’t even take down Soviet Lynxes while they’re around their Wolves. The healing pulses actually outpace the damage the Magnus can deal.

Overall, good ideas, but their implementation needs work. They’re already competing with incredibly good Experimental weapons in their own categories, The Exp KVM 59 is powerful beyond belief in both single target damage, and crowd clearing, and the Klaucke actually deals more damage than the Magnus per second, along with its EMP.

(EDIT: Upon using the Exp KVM 89 some more, I’d like to put this into perspective. If firing full auto until the weapon overheats, you can fire a grand total of 29 bullets before the thing overheats and requires cooling. 29. There are pistols with a similar mag size. By using this weapon, you’re taking on the effective mag size of an AR with all the downsides of an MG. Massive recoil, low accuracy, low per shot damage, huge reload times. These downsides are fine on a regular MG, because they have the potential to deal damage over large periods of time, rather than short bursts, or single shots.)

2 Likes

Yep. Overby is the same for me.

The new rifle in the europian pack needs a much higher drop chance as not a single person has managed to get one yet.

Pontus said he’ll let the devs know about it, nothing will get changed til Jan tho, christmas break real soon.