Dangerous Experiments Feedback Thread

The only really good thing this patch is the heavy optimizations, game runs very well for me now.

Other than that, new EXP’s seem kinda weak for the tier they are in. New schematic system is pretty godd, just kinda soured about the nerfs. Though I guess they are a bit more balanced now for early game.

1 Like

You have some very good points.
The problem we have is that the devs never make a weapon more deadly, they only do the opposite.

• Kotenok has low damage
  • S21 has low damage
  • At-Wad has low damage and short clip

And now 2 of the experimental weapons have (you guessed it) some issues, one has very low damage the other overheats too much.

Will they ever fix them?

1 Like

Unfortunately, you’re likely right. They likely won’t ever fix them. Still, feedback was asked for, and while it might be futile, I’ll still offer it.

1 Like

What are you talking about? After much feedback, all these weapons’ damage was buffed significantly. The AT-WAD in particular is a beast now, cuts through Machines like it’s nothing.

There’s a good chance this will happen to the new guns as well.

1 Like

I both agree and disagree with you there.

I just made a short video, which I’ll link here, of me taking down a military Tank with nothing but the AT, FMJ rounds. Now, I absolutely agree the damage is much better than when I last used it. I admit, I was still under the impression its damage was still beans, and I was wrong there.

The problem is that they didn’t fix the other major issue with the gun, that being a tiny mag combined with a long reload. In this clip, you can see just how much time I’m spending reloading my gun, it’s time that I need to devote to the weapon, as reload cancelling is basically non-existent, so I can’t put that time into healing, or dealing damage (obviously).

This thing really needs some stat changes. Either make it fire slower and deal more damage to compensate, or increase the mag size (Or make the extended mag provide more rounds).

For context, I’m running a full auto skill tree, with reload boost.

1 Like

Yup the “buffs” they did to the kotenok, S21 and at-wad basically did nothing. They need another look at them. But i’ll rather see a buff to the new experimentals at the moment.

2 Likes
3 Likes

My feedback is strictly for the weapons the crafting has not been detrimental to my play style. If it’s possible to implement the things in this list of suggestions I’m sure me and many others would appreciate it.

The kvm 89 in my unpopular opinion the best added experimental if you know how to use it, because it can actually kill things. I would however implement a system where it heats up slower once in red or decrease the overheat time.

The Magnus was a great idea however the implementation was not very good. I think most people would agree that the gun should do more damage to its impacted target before breaking off and hitting the enemies behind the shot enemy with a lower damage shrapnel blast. This would solve people’s complaint of it being underpowered while keeping the shrapnel effect.

The Alg in my opinion is the worst experimental not just in the update but in the game. The first thing which I immediately noticed was that it didn’t have the unique tech enhanced look of all of the other experimentals. The second thing I noticed was the atrocious aim. It’s extremely inconsistent making you re-adjust after almost every shot. The damage even from far range to me was very lackluster. Now I do think it could be better if it had a normal iron sight and attachments. However I think its effect should be replaced altogether. Please if you’re reading this hear me out.

The gun feels like a budget / downgraded Grg which is definitely not what an experimental should be. An experimental should feel fun, powerful, and unique to use not like a downgrade. Plus the artillery rifle is more like a grenade launcher. It’s just a downgrade from every explosive weapon in the game to me which is my biggest gripe with it. I may be repeating myself but the gun feels less like its own unique thing and more like a poor attempt to convert it into something it’s not.

@Zesiir Basically what he said.
Why use those weapons when i can blast the machines with the usual suspects? (Ag4,al76 shotguns, PVG, COM10 Kpist(s) N60 and KVM59(S)) which actually do something

1 Like

Does anybody know with the new 9 collectibles, is that solely 9 figurines AND the map, or does the 9 INCLUDE the map? I’ve only been able to find 8 figurines and the map thus far.

Edit: all 9 figurines have been located along with the “tactical map”.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the hovercraft?

I just found them now.
I know I found the hovercraft after dark skies, before the latest update, but with a cryptic title.
Here are the others:

1 Like

I’m enjoying these new weapons , nicely done too !
:heart::v:

There are 10. You have to find Egorov’s Hideout. (new area)

I found 8 of the collectibles since dangerous experiments and at least 1 after dark skies (hovercraft).

Egorov’s Hideout was one I found, as marked on the map-screenshot of @EAD_Sir.

I had no collectible at Kapparberget Castle or didn’t find it (maybe I already collected it after dark skies?)

Do you have a screenshot of the missing collectibles?
In my eyes it should be a runner, harvester or firebird.

Found that at Egorov’s hideout, a soldier with a cycle. Only missing the figure from sov. trenches. Not sure if I got that after dark skys and I dont know what that was. But for sure, I found no hovercraft.

That’s what I already posted with my fifth scrreenshot above.

At the trenches there was the hovercraft, accidently released with dark skies, but with a cryptic label.

Edit: found a screenshot.

What’s at the castle? I didn’t find anything there.

Just for memories, the accidentally released log-entry. 10 collectibles, like Gysbert said.

I have huge issues with the schematics tree, and they really need to be fixed. Here’s the post I made about it:

I found a soldier in open tent on a table. Srry I got no sreenshot.

@Madchaser
I had to re-play the scene after broken game and restart with 6 days old savefile. Here is the picture from Kopparberget Castle

1 Like

Looks like it is green: soviet soldier

(green: soviet, red: fnix, blue: resistance)