Day-night cycle

But in multiplayer it would be like minecraft “All players must be sleeping in a bed”

1 Like

“You cannot sleep because a machine is near by” :smiley:

3 Likes

“Dont attack straight down the hill at a machine!”

Explodey tick: Hissssssssssssss

As far as I remember some guy on YT once measured the cycle realtime-wise. 50/50, two hours daytime, two hours nighttime.

Long ago I recorded 24hour ingame timelapses and those were 4 hours long with a 50/50 split of day/night

So the consensus seems to be around 4 hours for a ‘day’ - thanks, my dudes and dudettes! :kissing_heart:

But i think it’s changing this update because the game is set in wnter there is more night hours than day

@Admiralgamer, do you mean, we are now in winter season until next update? This photo I made on the 9th of july. Does not look like winter. Could it not be that in addition to a day and night cycle, there is also a seasonal cycle running. If so, when a day-night cycle takes about 4 hours, how long would it take to change a season, a new DLC?

I meant how the day night cycle is changing so because its winter nightime is longer

The game is set during winter, currently it’s December 1989. That’s pretty much what it looks like, on a good day. Ingame time is not dependant on IRL season.

IRL, Scandinavian weather is all over the place, especially in winter. In coastal areas, you can often get what feels like 3 different seasons in just 1 day!
There’s most likely no seasonal cycle in-game, but instead to give us some variety, they have made Östertörn with autumn on the southern half, and winter on the northern half. Such a huge local difference is not realistic of course, so it’s best not to think about it that way.
I actually like it. After spending a lot of hours up north, its always refreshing to go down south to get out of the snow for a while. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, The game currently is set in winter. Hopefully the story will progress through different seasons. I would like to see the landscape in other seasons too.

Hey people. :slight_smile:

Didn’t read about anyone coming to a conclusion on this topic.
I clocked the day/night cycle yesterday.
From sunset to sunrise I counted 2 hours and 5-10 minutes.
Most likely, my timing was slightly off, and the cycle is exactly 2 + 2 hours.

1 Like

I wonder why night seem so much longer than day when playing with them balanced on an even time table?

The game feels just dark, which is a fun creepy feeling. Enjoy the beautiful Swedish country-side at day, liberate humanity of killer machines at night.

I think this is accurate -

So every in-game hour is about 10 minutes.

1hr = 6hrs in-game
2hr = 12hrs in-game
4hr = One day in-game
Day - 10 hrs
Night/Rise/Set - 14 hrs

This is not even close to dark. It should be pitch black, but for game play reason. It has been left ridiculously bright. In Nordic countries, daylight time is reduced quickly on autumn. Depending of latitude where game is happening, daylight can be short as 6-8 hours. Rest is darkness.

Oh I meant dark as a dark tone. So you’re set in a creepy setting much longer. Sure night’s been made bright for gameplay reasons. We’d need much more lighting options if the game was made pitch black at nights, because just like Rust… People really have issue with not seeing in the dark.

Yeah, so I clocked the daytime too, just to make sure.
Also 2 hours exactly.

Day/night cycle is 2 + 2 realtime hours, confirmed.

In addition, just as the sun was setting, I fast travelled halfway across the map to see if that affected anything. It did not. The sun was in the exact same position after fast travelling.

Fast travel does not advance time.

1 Like