December Update - Inventory items sorted based on quality level. Like or Don't?

I’ll do it but still not happy about it.

2 Likes

What you prefer was possible with the old pre-update version. You could have all your Pink 6* weapons at the top followed by gold 5* etc… All you had to do was drop the stuff you wanted to sort and then pick them up in the order you wanted them to be in. Then they would always be in that order. Same with attachments. I used to have my attachments in order based on the weapon they were on. Now they are all over the place, in order of quality sure, but for which weapon? I have a poor memory at the best of times but now it takes forever to sort through stuff i want to keep, trade, recycle or get rid of in my inventory or storage. It was so convenient when all new stuff went right to the bottom and good old established stuff was where I placed it.
And sort by picked up date is not preferred by me either. It was just the better of 2 choices in my opinion.

1 Like

The rest of the update is worth it for sure.

What did they add besides some new locations? I’m not hating at all just curious is there a bonus mission or anything? Because if not I don’t think I’m gonna update. I have one of everything in the game so my collection is complete and organized the way I want.

So basically…

• No new missions.
  • Various new locations, Farmlands is now upgraded at 90% as South Coast is.
  • They fixed various bugs
  • There are new Easter eggs.
  • 2 new bugs can´use a scope withe the Magnum and Harvesters Hunter pods don´t appear, hunters appear from thin air.

But if you don´t update, you can´t play with others, and won´t be able to use the new weapon pack (that is if you want to buy it).
Other than that, it´s a “safe update”
But it´s your decision.

I forgot about the gun pack. I will buy it on my phone so the devs can get the money they deserve. Honestly I do want to play with people but the guns won’t be better than the experimentals.

2 Likes

Why not just have it that you click on an item and drag it to where you want it in the list, it then stays there in that position until you want to move it again. with this it doesn’t need to be alphabetical, sorted by quality, or any other kind of sorting, everyone can have everything exactly where they want it.

For what it’s worth I prefer the old way.

2 Likes

So I finally had some time to dive into the game after the December update and I have to say that I really hate the new sorting mechanic. It seems to me that the sorting by quality is half-baked.

When moving ammo to the Plundra the random sorting refills the slot of the former ammo. And to top it off at another random point the whole sorting changes. Both mechanics can be seen here:

My strong suggestion is to change the sorting to an alphabetic based sorting and make this new random sorting an option for those who like to tear their hairs out.

1 Like

Topic moved to #feedback-feature-requests subforum.

//Mod

Yeah, it is bad. :confounded: Possibly the worst we ever had it.

4 Likes

Still haven’t had time to try the new update, but I can definitely say that I want it the old way.
I want to be able to sort my inventory in the order that I prefer.

5 Likes

You can have the Ammo and Equipment categories stay sorted the way you prefer as long as you only keep 9 items (9 lines) in each of them. Adding a 10th item will scramble the category beyond any functionality.

This means you can only pick up 9 designated ammo and equipment types so it’s not exactly an optimal solution but it’s still better than having to scroll through a random mess to find stuff.

Primary, Sidearms and Attachments will sort by quality rating (crown) and plain (no crown) at the bottom, and you can still put stuff in the order you want within the different qualities (e.g 6 crown by A > Z, 5 crown by type, 4 crown by Z > A).

As for future requests for a better sorting system, I think crown, alphabetical and ‘Locked’ (user defined) would be good.

Good topic!

What I don’t understand is why there is no option whether you want the new arbitrary sorting or not.
Moreover, why in the $&^@ should “Equipment”, like med packs, gas tanks and flares, be sorted according to this arbitrary, invisible “quality” rating???

DON’T TOUCH MY MED PACKS!!!
They should stay ON TOP!

Only sort Weapons and Attachments if you absolutely must have them sorted!
Not the other stuff!!!

And don’t implement this kind of sorting if you don’t make it optional!

Edit:
I really appreciate the initiative to try and implement some sorting. I think you’re moving in the right direction with it dev team.
Just, please, don’t implement something half baked like this.
What I really mean is: Please, don’t experiment on my med packs.

2 Likes

Generally some automatic ordering is good, but as far as I can see it only orders with one input being “Quality” and thus everything within the same quality or without any quality is thrown in utter randomness and chaos. An easy fix would be to add further inputs of ordering, preferably ones that the player can de-/activate on their own preferences also if they want it de-/ascending

3 Likes

Since I’ve heard a few friends discuss about the new ordering in inventory since when I drop things my whole order resets and same with them, Ive voted for pre-update since as much as it can be a pain for us I’m sure it’s a pain for a majority of us. This is on my friends behalfs as well so count at least 4 votes for mine until they choose to make an account instead of using mine :rofl:

i know there is a lot of this topic but i HAVE TO
oooh i love this game but inventory management is soooo messy, blody hell … im talking especialy about attachments - this is so unorganize that im spending almost hour to figure what i have duplicate more then 2 times … devs PLEEAAASE do something with this … alphabetical organization or something jeeeesus christ!

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

Oh, feel free to vote in above poll as well.

//Mod

This I would agree, this, is my biggest gripe. Maybe another break down between: clips, scopes, barrel, vision modules.

It gets tedious looking at all the different ones in different order and knowing you missed it and having to scroll back up :rofl:

I voted for the pre-update way it worked, even though I’m fairly new to Gen Zero and I’ve adjusted to how it works now. I just think it would be more convenient to have it keep oldest things at the top of the list.

In particular, for my primary weapons, this would be useful. I have a Logitech keyboard, and I’ve programmed some of my G-function keys to do a multi-key config with delays and essentially with one press of a button, it opens my inventory, scrolls down to my shotgun, assigns it to Slot 1, and then closes back out of the inventory screen to the game. But it relies on the shotgun ALWAYS being in the same spot. Right now, it’s a 4c Sjoqvist, so if I find any 5c weapons, those are higher in the list and it “breaks” the programming - because the Sjoqvist isn’t in the third position down, for example.

So going back to the old way would let me do this more reliably and I wouldn’t have to worry about new stuff changing the order of my top few weapons. :slight_smile: But I have adapted, and I can deal with it. It just means if I find a 5c weapon right now, I have to tab out of the game and update my Logitech buttons to a different set based on the new location of the guns on the list.

Anywho… long story short: old way would be more convenient for me, but I manage with the new way, too.

Good gaming!

After playing for a while with the new sorting system, I’ll say that the weapons and attachments arrangement has not bothered me that much, but that’s mainly because I now carry just the gear that I want to keep, well mostly. If I had a lot up for trade, I would really want the old order-of-pickup arrangement.

And pretty please, revert ammo and utility menus back to the old order-of-pickup system.
I don’t even remotely understand how they’re arranged right now… It’s just a mess.

I voted for the old way only because I had the choice to have everything where I wanted them to be. I wish the sorting for the new update had more options that included sorting by quality, type, or even sorted alphabetically. (Weapons, attachments etc.) It would be nice to have these sorting options, but still to have the ability to move all items wherever you’d want them to be in your inventory. If more options like these can be put into the game, I am all for the new sorting in the inventory. I hope the devs will continue to make more improvements for the plundra in the future.

1 Like