Difficulty Setting

G’day. I’m 58 and have been gaming since the mid 80’s (started with tape player loaded games…) but am in full agreeance with Alan on this as I also am having some problems with staying alive.

The game needs a difficulty setting as I use this to ‘learn’ the game mechanics and then ‘up the ante’ when I am comfortable with the controls and how well I can manage the carnage.

And talking of controls (not sure if this has been covered in other topics) but the controller UI is, well, crapola. It needs to be fully adjustable as I use it over mouse/keyboard (luckily I have a macro mouse and keyboard), but currently I have had to revert as I can not customise my controller settings to the way that I want, aiming with the controller is real ‘hit and miss’ affair and very unrealistic (35 years ex-Army from the ‘pointy end’).

And I must say that the use of firstaid packets is a very good option, HOWEVER, there are too many of them, it’s like being able to insta heal every combat situation, if possible why not include another skill, first-aid, where you ‘fix’ yourself and ‘heal’ overtime.

Enough dribble from me, back to your scheduled mayhem.

Cheers

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! :wink:

I believe it was the comment before yours which I found offensive also. You did a nice job helping with good info.

I also like to play the first run through of a game on “Easy” level to figure out how things work. Then, if the game is worth it, play through again on a harder level.

Welcome to the community!

Options setting to make robot’s respawn faster me and my baby brother rip through the tanks and harvesters too quickly would love to have a faster enemy respawn option

That would be cool or in game it be fun if the large siren spawns bots

1 Like

I agree, to the point where I made an account just so I could see if I could help in some way. To get a difficulty setting or dedicated solo mode. I don’t have anything against a challenge and I certainly don’t want to give any super gamer a reason to rant about how easy they find this game. However I do think this is an awesome game and I love sneaking around trying to uncover the story. But I’m getting slaughtered alone. I’m just not interested in being forced to sift through the social dumpster fire that making solid friends on multiplayer can be anymore. So I’m glad to see there are some like minds out there and I definitely don’t see how adding an easier solo mode would hurt anything. I’d even be happy to sacrifice achievements to get it.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!!!

1 Like

For what it’s worth, my experience with the community and co-op for this game have actually largely been very good.
(That notwithstanding, I of course fully support that people who prefer to play solo (for whatever reason) can do so, so both lower and higher difficulties would certainly seem to be useful.)

I see no problem with having a difficulty setting in a story driven PvE. Because that’s just what this game is. A PvE. It has no competitive elements so why not? And that is a big reason why casual gamers choose PvE. You can play it in your own pace.
Personally, I’ve been here since the start and when Gen0 got released it was hard. And it got harder for every update that got out (mostly because of bugs) but now it is fairly easy in comparison. I would actually like a hard setting, based on more complex AI.

As the game has changed quite a lot and the arguments, particularly further up the thread, in part address the game state back then, I’d like to point out that there is a newer thread on this topic:

Maybe it was a bad idea of mine starting it though. :wink:

Actually im pretty tired of hearing, “you need to be better” “Git Gudd”
Well, fkk off!

Its up to me, the customer, and gamer if i want to cheat or get ab easier passage through a game. ME!

If you other guys want superhardmega difficulty, what is stopping you?
I do not care.

I play lonewolf most of the time. And i do not have the luxury to spend three days in a game like the rest of you. I have something called a life and a family!

I almost threw this game away, felt like waste f space and money. And i can easily state that this was the last game i bought fro Avalanche. Almost.

Its quite fun, but when the game throws two tanks, a Rival and five hunters into the mix, you just say to yourself, Fkk off, this is not a even playingfield. Sure if you play mulstiplayer, you can have whatever scale you want. But for a single and offline game?

COM ON!

1 Like

I Concur 100%

This game has been out for a long time now, change the game so people that just want to enjoy the game, have a reason to continue!

1 Like

From reading your posts in this thread, may I suggest you stop playing lonewolf and start playing lone survivor.

1 Like

Seriously, do you think i care?

Its up to me how and in what way i play, if i want an easier mode. Who are you to complain or object?

I payed for the full game just like you other guys. I have the right to demand that games give me satisfaction and entertainment. I buy games because they are fun, and that i like them. Im also from Sweden so supporting the Swedish brands comes natural.

Så för fan, fixa spelet!

1 Like

I’m starting to understand how you found social media to be a dumpster fire.

1 Like

I don’t know who’s saying that to you.
It seems pretty damn rare on this forum, at least.
What people here will say though is that there are certain strategies that you can work out on your own or read up hear that will make your life easier.

I absolutely agree.

Mild spoilers

That said, I would like to impress on you the caveat that with this game, the journey is very much the destination.
There is no surprise at the bottom of the box. The is no grand story or great reveal. If easy mode is added and meets you at your natural skill level, great. But if you just use it to rush through a game with not much of a finishing line, disappointment is almost guaranteed.

The fact that that doesn’t currently exist, for a start, same as easy mode.

1 Like

Hey man, it’s your choice to buy a game, and it’s your responsibility to research what that game is before paying. If you don’t like it that’s too bad, but you can’t expect the developers to go ahead and change the game drastically to suit your desires. You can ask, but not demand! As far as I see it, no other game developer has ever listened to their fans like Avalanche have done with this game!
Also, this is a very polite forum if I ever saw one, and you’re sticking out like a sore thumb right now with these comments.

Så för fan, ta det lite lugnt.

4 Likes

Not sure about any right. You can demand whatever you want, but does it get you anywhere?

1 Like

Try keep good manners while on the forums. That’s not too much to ask, is it?

1 Like