Diffrent Beverage/Drink Cultures from around the World

The Ceres Berings Bryg looks very interresting. I will keep my eyes open for testing it.

In germany there where hunderts of beer sorts some are sweet some are herb like Bitburger or Jever.
Some are lightly sour like Wheat Beer. A fresh sparkling Beer what i love to drink on a hot summerday

For example the Erdinger Wheatbeer. The expression Whitebeer comes from Weisse that meant wheat in ancient german language.

1 Like

I really don’t care too much, I’m just happy that I have a popular topic

1 Like

We can ask Aesyle or Xezir to put our posts in the new topic.

1 Like

@Aesyle, what do you think?

One beer that I bought home from Estonia (during Sabaton Cruise 2019). Six bottles. I gave them away before I could taste one of them.

Insted of sugar, they had honey in it. And a distinct taste of licorice

3 Likes

Ohhh, that’s a very strong beer because it has 7,5 % Alc. regulary german beer has 4,9 up to 5,5% Alc.

I think this beer will taste sweet because of the honey in it. It looks very interresting.

1 Like

I had the same thought as you, @C_N66. But since @Hwoty_Twoty doesn’t seem to mind, since this is already “specialty” thread, and since unique cuisine isn’t the same without something to drink I think it is okay. Perhaps we should just go easy on the stronger stuff. No problem for me as I rarely drink alcohol anyway.

And thanks to our mods (@Zesiir + @Aesyle) for letting us horse around a bit in this thread. So far it has been lots of fun :blush::+1:

Alright then. Julmust
Here is a sweet drink, made exactly like beer. But without the alcohol part. Coca-cola have no chans against it in december.

The two biggest makers of julmust. Must be served cold.

1 Like

Yep.
Julmust was first sold as julöl here in Sweden, but it didn’t sell to well. So they changed it to julmust and behold, the sells sky rocketed. I have drinked it since I was little.

Discussion moved to proper topic.

//Mod

I was offline for a while and didn’t catch this cuisines topic until now, when it has exploded with 81 new replies since the time i last checked it. :astonished: :grin:

As long as you folks remain civil, i don’t mind the hyper-activity in either of the topics. Though, personally, i would’ve kept the drinks in the cuisines topic but since OP made 2nd, dedicated topic for drinks alone, i moved the drinks discussion here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Something on-topic as well:

Who agrees with the following song? :rofl:

3 Likes

Finnish energy drink Battery. Product has catchy name, and keeps you going.

sry fuzzy picture, but drink was perfectly chilled. And condensation started form ice around the can. And had to quickly snap photo, before it turned into water.

2 Likes

@Aesyle I’m married. I’m not even allowed to find that funny… :skull_and_crossbones:
(Goes into the bathroom, watches vid on volume 1, chuckles nervously :joy:)

Ohh! So much beer and aquavit in here! :slight_smile:
I’m finding aquavit more and more to my liking, but it has to be along with dinner.
Beer is my kind of drink. My father runs a microbrewery (producing about 200.000 liters pr. year), and he keeps a good stock in his basement. :wink: Home brewing of beer has been a tradition in Norway for centuries, and still is today, especially on farms. Also on our farm. :slightly_smiling_face: There is a huge variety of handcrafted beer to choose from in my country, but I’ll also gladly drink a regular Pilsner from the grocery store. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

One of my friends had business to do in a small village in Norway in the early eighties. He arrived late at the Hotel and wanted a drink before going to bed. The hotel wasn’t allowed to serve spirits, so he went outside and asked a guy passing by if it was possible to get a drink somewhere in town. The Norwegian pointed at a house further down the street and said: “You see that house? That’s where our police officer live with his family, so don’t go there. Besides from that, knock on any door in town and they’ll serve you whatever you like”.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic! A guy that lives 20 minutes away from me is a police chief. He’s also a farmer, a snowplow driver, and runs a bar at the local skiing resort. If he has guests at the bar who he knows personally, he just locks the doors at closing hours and keeps on serving his buddies. :joy: There are lots of “cowboys” in rural Norway. Most of us love serving guests, and especially if they’re foreign. :blush:

2 Likes

I have two stories.
One is my uncle (mother’s side).
The other was an old military friend to my grandfather (father’s side).

Uncle
He had one job, to hide two bottles of moonshine. He went away over the ridge and hid them.
He don’t remember were he hid them. They are still lost there to this day. I know roughly the are where they should be :sweat_smile:.

My grandfather’s friend
During his service in the early 50’s here in Sweden. His friend knew every officers on the regiment, he greeted them in a way that one should not do towards officers. But they couldn’t do anything towards him, because they were invited to his to his land for hunting (he had also moonshine, the officers knew that too).

2 Likes

Tea.

Just Tea.

I am currently trying to find a nice beer to order online since I can’t just hop in a plane and fly to sweden or denmark, any good websites where I can order a few? I would really like to try this ‘aquavit’ that I’m constantly hearing about.

I have few issues with this question:
1. This forum is family-friendly and your question may encourage minors to drink alcohol.
2. Whoever is going to link what you ask for, will get a warning for commercial advertisement.

//Mod

Really?? That looks very much like tea with milk to me! Wonder what else you poured into that mug. I suspect a twist of lemon :lemon: :wink:

I apologize then, didn’t realize that this topic mostly about alcohol wasn’t allowed to share places to get stuff I wouldn’t otherwise be able to get without traveling.
Sorry.