Diffrent Beverage/Drink Cultures from around the World

As the titles says; this topic for drinks and its cultures/traditions from around the World.

Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks

Drinking songs are accepted (as long they are not to vulgar and not violates the forum rules)

(I created this topic so beverage does not interfere with this topic here:
Unique Cuisines Around the World (by Hwoty_Twoty))

1 Like

you said non-alcohol right?

I enjoy a caprisun, but besides that, one of my relatives would take everclear and mix it with a whole helluva a lot of pineapple and make like 5 gallons of the best punch ever, I remember it from a wedding. you were only allowed one glass it was so strong, even when the ratio from everclear to juice was like 1-8 ounces

1 Like

189 proof alcohol content

Yes. I referring to drinks such as Julmust (yule must) for example. They are made like beer, but is not alcoholic. And kids can drink it to.

That’s… That’s pretty strong stuff :eye::lips::eye:

when I was younger I would sneak shots, everyone would be like,“oooooh super strong.” And I would stand there laughing at them in my head, everclear is the only stuff that I felt was truly strong.

1 Like

I’m not the sort that goes out and party (except if it is a metal/rock fest :metal:t3:). So I waited till the legal drinking age here in Sweden.
The moonshine was the only, or first strong drink, that I managed to drink up :yum:

no I wasn’t out partying, my parents do shots on their own and I would wait until they went to bed and then took a shot as well, I didn’t do it often. never snuck a cigarette though so I was pretty clean
lol clean

1 Like

I tried to learn from my pretend grandpa (mother’s side) how to properly mix drinks (he had a small bar counter in the apartment in Stockholm, before moving). Now I don’t remember how to make the one he learnt me :pensive:

A classic drinking song from the Swedish military.

Translation of the song:
That we are Lapps can be seen on the walk.
That we are full, you can hear on the song.
We drink schnapps because we like it.
It does so well when it flows down the rumen.

Lappcap with tassel on.
Damn what it’s snowing.

This song was not long,
so we take it one more time.

Lappcap with tassel on.
Damn what it’s snowing.

Another one but with the melody from a yule song.

Translation of the song:
Hey farmer boys from the countryside,
between Lake Vänern and Lake Vättern.
Hey farmer boys from the countryside

Now we will drink, now we will sing,
because we are happy and young.

Hey farmer boys from the countryside,

Speaking of alcohol, maybe an side topic to different bewrage culture and drinking songs? :thinking:
I got an drinking song stuck on my brain right now when mentioned the brännvin :grin:

EVERYTHING tastes better after half a bottle of Aquavit! I could eat sawdust garnished in tar after half a bottle of Aquavit :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The only alcoholic beverage that I have managed to drink is cough hembränt (moonshine) cough :shushing_face:

I have tried beer (didn’t like it. It was Mariestad and Norrlands Guld). If it is beer that I want to try is the German beer with the Swedish king Gustav II Adolf on it: Ur-Krostitzer

1 Like

You should try Belgian beer. They really know how to brew them Belgians :belgium::beer::+1:. Personally I like Kwak. I even have the official glass:

Another of my favourites is Innis & Gunn from Edinburgh. Beer stored in whisky casks. Lovely:

4 Likes

Regulary i drink this one. A fine fresh beer what tastes not so hard. And it is very beloved in my end of world.

This beer tastes a little sweeter than other types and is extremely tasty. The exact origin of the name is not entirely clear. On the one hand, around 1903, a Deutsche Bahn training center was housed in the building opposite. The trainees had to hold their exam due to lack of space in the brewery across the street. Since the state examiner was provided and did not know the location, he always asked about the Chamber of Horrors. (Schreckenskammer) :grinning:

A second tradition says that the delinquents were brought into this brewery before their execution for the executioner’s meal. :scream::grinning:

2 Likes

Reissdorf sounds like something I might like. Sweet notes in a beer becomes me well. Never seen it Denmark but I’ll keep my eyes open. Personally I think that Danish beers are rubbish. Carlsberg is probably the worst beer in the world. Way to bitter.

If you don’t like beer there is a good chance that you’ll like Ceres Berings Bryg named in honour of Vitus Bering. It is sweet, quite strong, and gentle. It is my favourite Danish beer.

2 Likes

I made an topic for only beverages so it does not interfere so much with Hwoty_Twoty:s food topic
Drinks and Beverage around the world