Diffrent Beverage/Drink Cultures from around the World

Well, in this case - it’s extra strong English breakfast tea, milk and sugar.

The teas without Milk - are normally a lot more delicate in flavour and taste hence why it’s without milk. Some then add lemon to balance the tannins with acidity of lemons

do you use store bought tea leaves or homegrown tea leaves, and could I have the recipe?

The most famous Beer Brands over here.
Most foreigners prefer our beer to their own, specially the British.
Only some German brands are as good.

Opinion above is based from hundreds(maybe thousands) of foreigners and from a few dozens that I personally met.

Then we have the World´s famous Porto Wine
Foreigners above 30 are completely crazy about it.

To prevent spamming, below there are more different types of alcohol if you are curious.

2 Likes

The iconic Monty Phyton member Michael Palin ironically called Finland a poor second to Belgium when going abroad in his tribute to Finland. I disagree. When in Europe go to Belgium. When in Belgium go to Ghent. When in Ghent go to the pub Dulle Griet (provided that you are an adult obviously). Have a bier - and only one, as we all drink responsibly when and if we drink. You will have to hand in one of your shoes to get it so the bartender can check that you don’t leave the pub in an unfit state. The shoe is put in a basket that is raised by a rope to just under the ceiling. Now you get your glass of beer. One liter. You wouldn’t regret it. Take your time and enjoy:

1 Like

Merged with appropriate thread.

//Mod

Okay, this might be a lame attempt to bring GZ into this thread, but I’ve just discovered that the Averholm Manor is brewing cider of apples from the orchard. I’ve tasted Swedish cider on many occasions, e.g. Kopparberg and Rekorderlig, but they seems to be either non-alcoholic or very low percentage. Still very good but more like a soft drink. That is probably due to the Swedish policy on alcoholic beverages only allowing it to be sold through Systembolaget.

Unlike in England where every farm in Devonshire and Cornwall seems to have their own cider production. I went to a cider event in Barnstaple and the pub had over fifty different ciders, mostly local produce and quite a few on tap. IMHO cider beats beer any day :apple::green_apple::pear::champagne::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Let’s talk about non alcoholic drinks. One of them is
Red Bull. A very beloved softdrink by our young people.

Red Bull gives Wings!

That one is a drink without alcohol and very beloved in germany.
Whe call it here “Fassbrause”. His basic is a beer what has no alcohol and it’s mixed with different fruits. There where also types mixed with lemon. The taste spreads from sweet to sour or lightly bitter.

That one below is only a example.

2 Likes

I’ve never tasted Red Bull. Doesn’t it say on the can that it shouldn’t be consumed by persons over 24?

Rhubarb juice. That is my favourite. Late summer afternoons on a bottle :star_struck::city_sunrise:

2 Likes

No, it could be drinked by younger persons, because it contains no alcohol.
It tastes very sweet (like liquid gumdrops). In germany it could be bought from Persons at the age of sixteen. But you should not drink to much has the effect of a very strong coffee.

Cheers, mate, my point actually was that I’m too old to drink it :wink::older_man:

1 Like

LoL my friend you never be to old for that. You can mix it also with wodka or some othetr spirits. :smile:

1 Like

Is this a bit like French Panache and Austrian Raddler?

Fassbrause is not the same like radler. Radler is a beer mixed with lemon juice. And that below ist the original Austrian variant what is available also without alcohol. It tastes more like beer than the Fassbrause. It has not such a strong beertaste like Radler.

And here is another drink with not so much alcohol.
Beer mixed with coke. In my litte end of world we call it “Kölsch Cola” Kölsch beer mixed with coke.
Tastes sweet with light beer taste.

Below that is ready mixed an dyou can do that also with a non alcohol beer.

For example:

2 Likes

That is the german variant, mixed with sparkling water on a hot summerday is a real refreshment

2 Likes

Perrier is my top favorite non-alcoholic drink

bad camera, sorry.

Hey guys @IanForce let me explain something, you can drink red bull, it does not matter if you have 14 years or 70 years old.
But you should never drink too much of it, it provokes cardiac arrest in the cases that people consume too much of it, like one after another, or if you have heart problems.
If mixed with some drinks in low quantities, it´s not problematic but if you consume a lot of it, eventually it will give you problems.
I actually knew someone that drank it almost every single day, and he did not have any heart problem.
News flash,he got an heart attack because of that, he survived,he never touched it.
So as long you drink it with moderation it´s ok.
For me personally i find the taste awful .

I hope no one gets offended, but this is one of the few drinks that actually brings some issues, the rest of them is just about getting too drunk or too much sugar in the long run :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Have you ever heard about Sumol?

A very old brand around here

And then we have COMPAL,most of them actually have true fruit, and not just the flavor, an high percentage of fruit, some of them have 100% or 80% of crushed mixed fruit!

2 Likes

Red Bull is for my taste to sweet. But as i said, you can mix it with some juice or spirirts. In Germany a beloved cocktail is Wodka-Red Bull or Jägermeister Red Bull (Flying Hirsch). There where some creations available on the internet just search for Red Bull Coctails.

The best is this one: A good water that comes from a vulcanic spring not far from where i live. It has natural Carbon dioxid and very much minerals. Very healthy

1 Like