Unique cuisines around the world

Basically meat pie.
Usually from chicken.
But you can use whatever you want.

but what is it called??

Empadas = Meat pie
You should also see other recipes they have there.
This could be the beginning of a great food adventure for you (and anyone else).
Your call.

2 Likes

many thanks, I will be use this recipe in the future

1 Like

In Denmark we have a saying based on statistics from the insurance companies: “Most accidents happen in the kitchen … and the husband eat them” :smile:

When I started to cook as a teenager it was out of sheer interest. I took a cookbook and browsed through it, and whenever I found something that looked good and affordable, I made it. Sometimes I succeeded and sometimes it ended up in tears. But I (and usually also my polite family) always ate it.

So @Mr_A1992 is right, just get going and don’t mind the occasional failure if you try to make a soufflé. Btw when I from an early age showed interest in cooking, it was mostly regarded as a woman’s job. But I fiercely demanded equal rights and eventually I won this battle of the sexes. Though job because women always tried to patronise men that enjoyed cooking. And sometimes when we have foreigners as guests, especially from Asia, the men find it curious or even ridiculous that I (and not my wife) do the cooking (usually when asked they don’t even know how to boil an egg). Then I tell them that only a sissy would be depended on a woman to make his food. A real man can take care of himself and his family in every regard.

P.s. my wife is a really good cook too :yum::+1:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Diffrent Beverage/Drink Cultures from around the World

Women also like Men who know how to cook.
It comes with many advantages,a man that does not know to do anything inside a house will eventually have trouble :sweat_smile: .

2 Likes

Norway Lobster tails. (Sjøkreps) :star_struck:
Probably the best seafood I know.
Norway Lobsters are a kind of crayfish, if I understand the translations correcly.

Recipe: Cut the tails off the lobsters. Split the tails in half. Marinate them in butter, oil, lemon and spices, and put some Parsley on top. Bake in the oven at 200° C for 8 minutes. Done. Easy, right? :yum:

Byuing these commercially is expensive!
Luckily though, I hunt deer, and venison is also a semi-exclusive meat. I traded 4 kg of venison for 5 kg of Norway Lobster. A great deal IMO, since I have more venison in the freezer than I can eat, at least before next hunting season. :blush:

4 Likes

Ohhh mate, you make my mouth watery. In germany they where known under the italian name Scampi.
My whole Family loves them. We cook them according to a receipe that we have from spain.

Peel the tails and give them in hot olive oil and cook them. The oil hasn’t to boil. Spice them with garlic,a red chilli pepper, a little whitewine, salt , milled black pepper and parsley.
Serve them hot with the oil.

Enjoy :smile:

4 Likes

@helldiver Nice! That looks very good too. :blush:

1 Like

Did it last summer. I substituted half of the oil with butter and serve it with baguettes. Very unhealthy and very delicious :yum:

1 Like

anyone else hate these?
download%20(2)

does anyone have a favorite cheese? my personal fav is Gouda cheese

1 Like

Home made Deer Jerky. :grin:

Best. Snacks. Ever.

4 Likes

Fantastic! I have no access to deer meat, so I make beef jerky usually from roastbeef cut or other low-fat cuts. Tastes magnificent! Do you use a dehydrator or the dry, cold Norwegian air to dry it?

1 Like

Cool! It doesn’t really matter if it’s beef or venision, the finished product only tastes like the marinade anyways. :wink:
I dry it in the oven. I use the hot air function and set it to just 50°, and I leave the door slightly open for air circulation. I let it dry for 12 hours. The «backdraw» to this method is that it fills the whole house with a strong smell of whatever’s in the marinade. I like it, but my wife thinks it’s completely awful! :joy:
BTW, I live on an island all the way out by the sea, NW part of the country. The air out here is not very dry… :dash::ocean::cloud_with_rain:

4 Likes

I got a dehydrator on sale half a year ago. It also came with a vacuum packer. That is practical as I can do all the preparation in the basement with the windows open :smile:

Yes, the marinade is the key here: teriyaki, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, worcestershire sauce, Marple sirup, chilli flakes, Tabasco, black pepper … so many lovely spices :yum:

3 Likes

Just a thought that came to me in light of the big red spot and said subject matter.

If I am lactose intolerant, and eat cheese especially blue - I may have an anaphylactic shock and indeed die.

However, by the red spot it would seem I am left with no choice.

Quite the paradox.

1 Like

I don’t know, maybe lactose free cheese?

1 Like

Moved to the correct topic.

For the record I’m lactose intolerant, though not at such severity.

I’ve been told lactose free cheese exists, something about it being stored longer :thinking:

1 Like