Duplicating exploit. Still exists. 4 YEARS EXISTS

I think there is no problem.
There are no unique items of much worth like in Diablo for example, it’s not PvP, it’s up to every single person if he/she plays with random people or not and if he/she plays to trade or to play the game.

I’m personally not a trader. The game doesn’t offer much for trading and even doesn’t have trading as feature. It’s just dropping and picking up.

I don’t pick up what I don’t need or don’t want to recycle. I just drop stuff if I’m overencumbered and don’t really need it.

And if I play with my mates (with fresh characters in a secondary world), we help each other with what we find and get.

People who cheat themselves by trading all the stuff they could get by playing just to be as strong as possible from beginning on… Well, they just cheat themselves. In my eyes they destroy their own experience.

Oh, @JuanEyeJack, I have hundreds of uranium, too. I don’t spend that much for experimental ammo. That’s it. It’s just gotten too easy to get it.

No… I am not saying trading is bad. You play your way as you see fit. I just don’t understand the issue with someone offering to trade a weapon or anything, but they may be duplicating what they have to offer. How they have something to trade shouldn’t effect YOU. It is how they play their own game. You having two accounts, you could easily trade a lot of uranium, or anything else, (that you duplicated) to get things you don’t already have and then duplicate it too. One of your accounts has something but the other doesn’t so instead of grinding for it in the other account, just drop it and reload a save file so both accounts have it. And you already admitted to not like grinding for things…Not saying that is what you do but it does happen.

Trading and dropping loot for others to pick up is part of the game. But I have seen players get scammed by traders that want something in exchange for something else and never drop what they are trading. Like you claim you have uranium to trade, the owner of the hammer drops the hammer, you grab it and exit the game. You keep both. That seems to bother players more than just duplicating things to trade.

Scammers and cheaters are all over the web. But backing up and reloading files has been around as long as there has been the binary system, maybe longer. I feel for the player that doesn’t manually back up their game files and something happens to those files and they have to start over, talk about not liking to grind.

@Attacke18 Are duplicated items glitched or buggy?
If not then what is the problem?
The point of trading in games is to obtain what you want, the rest is irrelevant.

Now if you are to tell me that it gets boring that most players just use the most overpowered weapons, well thats something different.
You just need to find good co op partners, I personally like to change the weapons, using always the same turns things boring.

It’s an exploit. Exploit are meant for when gaining a advantage when it’s not intended to be.

It’s the autosave problem to be exact.
Pc players can’t do it. But consoles can.

1 Like

I still do not understand how it affects other players or you. Other than, since you don’t like destroying machines or exploring to gain things, grinding, for things you do not have. You had rather trade for them. To me and a lot of players, trading is an exploit also, which you like to take advantage of. So, you are upset how other players can exploit the game so you can also exploit the game? If they want to trade you for something, you expect them to also grind for it, but you do not want to?

Hope I was able to explain why I am confused.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused, too.
About what advantage are we talking?
The advantage of, for example, having more experimental ammo than others by just duplicating it?

The game is cooperative only. There is no competition. The only advantage against other players is, that the game becomes somehow easier if using this exploit because you don’t have to grind or craft consumeables or ressources.
And with this advantage you get the disadvantage of an adulterated experience with the game.

By cheating the game you just cheat yourself. Noone else.

Ofcourse y’all don’t understand.

First of all.

I started trading when I have every single item in the game. the main gameplay for generation zero is campaign,combat,stealth and looting. And you thought I only LIKE trading?

I have already gotten every gun. It doesn’t feel exciting when I’m trying to get something where I already had gotten. So mind as well trade to get multiple of them to make a build, for FUN.

I have to destroy machines to get resources to improve myself. And I still like grinding!

It’s not fun when you’re playing with someone who just has thousands of bullets of shock ammo. It just feels you’re a completely useless teammate.
The way I see experimental ammo was designed is, it makes you powerfull but not forever.
And you meet those powerful people very often!

The game wasn’t designed like that! Since when did you think that people who play cooperative allows you to cheat??
Farcry6 is an cooperative game also and I see no exploits on that game!

And also it got me questioning. For some reason you said @JuanEyeJack

You’re saying that trading is an exploit also? Hmmm. So why didn’t they remove the exploit?
And

Why didn’t they close the trading topic? If you’re saying it’s an -exploit also- it should be removed.

And why does it sound like y’all are both you disagreeing that duping should not be removed? Like why?

A question I got is. There was used to be a harvester farming exploit where you can farm hunters to get tons of loot. And that exploit was removed.
But duping wasn’t?
It’s a exploit.
But the exploit still exists?
You know you can fix this duping exploit for consoles veryyy easily.
But they didn’t?

1 Like

Not every exploit is harmful.
That’s what we try to say. Otherwise they probably would have fixed it. Or they tried and it’s not as easy as you’re saying. There is just no priority.

You used a lot of words and quotes but have yet to answer the question.

As i said. It’s the autosave.
The way it’s like its a bug.

And @JuanEyeJack
I can’t really explain the exact problem. I’ve experienced that mod told me to remove a reply that what I was saying is how to reproduce the bug duping.

Can’t remember when or where.

Understandable. It’s been against the forum rules/ Code of conduct. It’s like talking about how to get to places where you shouldn’t be able to go to. Have you ever been at the mainland in the north? Or at some isles without bridges? It’s not intended, but possible therefore an exploit of mechanics the game offers. No harm, no need to fix.

Or talking about mods (modifications) for the game. Not officially supported and therefore may break your game or even safegames forever. It’s against the rules. Players can’t harm others with them, too, just themselves. No need to fix…

And of course the effort for doing that isn’t it worth, as there always will be ways to use them (without harming someone else directly).

Hey! We see this and understand where you’re coming from. However, GZ being an offline game, there will always be ways to duplicate items. Trading economy is not a feature of this game, it’s entirely community owned and regulated, so we will focus on issues that prevent players from playing the features we designed in the way we designed them.

4 Likes

Well I can think of a genuine use to duping.
A few days ago I accidentally recycled a weapon I was using. I completely forgot to look at the attachments and thought it was a plain purple weapon of which I had a couple of spares.
…Now if Id accidentally recycled my experiment Pv90 or 5 star AR then I would welcome someone dropping a duped weapon simply to correct my stupidity lol
Outside of this I like my games to be challenging and only use glitches to correct mistakes or fix game breaking bugs, etc

1 Like

Mistakes are exactly that. Mistakes.
How should you learn from them if you always cheat to “correct” them?

Like someone who forgot to take the exit on a highway and simply make a 180 turn to return to the exit.

Why should he go and use the next exit? It takes much longer. There is a shorter way.

Who cares that he maybe is a ghostdriver or that it could harm himself or others… He finally got the exit.

The example is a bit extreme, of course. But it just shows my opinion that mistakes are there to be done and to learn from them. Shit happens. Bad luck.

(For bugs I feel the same. It’s not your fault, but if a gamebreaking bug destroys your game, it’s broken. Fixing it just is legal… But cheating doesn’t fix it.)

Accidentally duped… know what caused it… don’t do that again… If I trade I know he may have duped and nothing I can do to prevent that. I just try to make what I consider a fair deal, I’ll even give more than I get to get what I want.

I try to play more realistic than the game forces me too. Hardly ever use the experimental weapons or ammo. Try my best to help my partner get his tasks done even if I do not care too do them for myself.

Many times I ask my partner what the plan is. His answer is usually “kill them, don’t let them kill you”. Sometimes the answer is “you have EMP duty, hit em when I hit em”. Other times it is “YOU kill em, I got EMP duty, I hit em when you do”.

1 Like

1 Like

Duplication as a form of “insurance claim”—the only reasonably acceptable form of duplication, in my opinion. Been there, unfortunately. In other games, rather than GZ, but still…

If the game screws me out of something through poor game mechanics, a console issue (duplicated A-button inputs), or a bad update, I refuse to feel guilty for screwing the game to get back what was mine.

A way to mark weapons/other items as “Favorite [CANNOT DROP OR SCRAP]” would be really nice… Far more valuable, to me, than the “mark for search [highlight this object in loot containers]” function.

Aside, horror story: SnowRunner. Off-road cargo transport game. Very buggy, in some ways. At least at different points in the game’s history. When the devs did a certain update—one of the Yukon updates—all vehicles that any player had out on a certain map got straight up deleted.

Nope, not my fault, not an issue I should have to be stuck with. There was a duplication glitch that could be done to get money in the game, which could then be used to replace vehicles. Yep. I “put in for an insurance claim” and got my stuff replaced.

The dev’s bad update, their fault, not something any player should’ve had to suffer from, loss of however many trucks and trailers, however much in-game money up in digital smoke. Devs couldn’t/wouldn’t compensate players for those losses.

But the glitch existed. Nope. No guilt. Insurance. Of course, a while later, I think the devs patched that exploit out. Updates since then have been cleaner, so, no real complaints. Sure, it was an exploit. Unique circumstances? No guilt, perfectly legitimate… Insurance claim.

Somebody loses their save on GZ, I’d offer to replace stuff, similarly. Somebody else wants to dupe to that end, I got no problem with that. If it isn’t their fault, no reason for them to suffer for it.

Oh, speaking of bad updates… GZ! Broken Blocks! The fallout from that. Yeah. More perfectly valid “insurance claim” dupes players could’ve done, for that. Perfectly acceptable by me, there.

Otherwise, though, I generally disagree with duping. Same with goofy stupid mods—cheats.

Not every mod is a cheat, though. Fixing the AG4 and a few other weapons would not be cheats, but just unofficial fixes. That’s a thing. Distinctions maybe not all will agree with or understand. Opinions, everybody’s got one, and some are worse than others…

Bad example. Apples to oranges.

A game isn’t reality. A game tends to have safety nets in place.

Reality isn’t a game. Mistakes made in reality—or, rather, the result of a bad choice, like a head-on collision at high speed, comes with no safety nets.

The scale of the two “mistakes”—or, rather, a mistake, and a bad choice—don’t balance out.

Juan, A1992 - The problem with duplication, as it relates to trading, is that duplication throws the “economy” out of whack. “Buying power” or “inflation” come to mind. How are values set or standardized, if people “print money” by duplicating items and then engaging in dishonest trades with their ill-gotten booty?

Of course, as Mad and Carni point out, GZ doesn’t properly support trading as a real feature. It is just players dropping items and exchanging them, or dropping them and picking them up. Gifts, one way or both ways. It isn’t regulated by the game, or the devs, it’s just the community. GZ isn’t Borderlands, where several of the games did have legitimate trading functionality, and even “PVP duels with rewards” as an option.

So, yeah, okay, it isn’t for the devs to regulate in regard to trading, in GZ. Sure, fine. But it is still an exploit. And if, on console at least, it is pretty much just an issue with when the game auto-saves—when you exit the inventory a certain way, not whenever you just drop an item—then there may yet be a fix…but, if it gets no priority, no work on it, so be it.

If it remains, it’s only an annoyance. People being dishonest, in-game, just as they can be in reality. We should all be able to live with it, but just be aware; some folks are always going to complain about it, and they’re really not wrong to do so…

Actually there is no advantage for duplicating weapons. And there is no disadvantage for not doing it.

There is no economy, no official trading, no inflation or deflation.

Weapons aren’t even really rare or unique by definition or hard to get due to very hard challenges. It’s all random chances… for everyone.

You can get every weapon just by playing normally, no matter which difficulty. Some have more luck, some less.

What you or anyone do with that is uppon you and everyone else.

In fact, there currently is no way to prevent duplicating shareable items. The safegame is saved locally and includes everything. It isn’t split into singleplayer and multiplayer content. It isn’t even split into seperate ones for each character or world. One for all. And as long as we’re able to share our stuff with other players, it can be duplicated.

The only way to prevent that would be if everything related to a character would be saved to an online profile, too.

But that’s not what GZ wanted to be. That would kill the seemless multiplayer experience which allows us to play alone or with others at any time in our own local worlds.

Cooperative, of course, which means that we play together and support each other. No competition.
Finally, what you or anyone do with that is uppon you and everyone else.

And if you want to start the game immediatly from start with a set of all experimental weapons, you can do that by getting all that from other players.

A way to prevent that could be to bind certain weapons or classes of weapons to a range of certain character levels for example.

You can just get experimental weapons from loot if you’re at a character level of 25 or higher. So why don’t just add that you can’t even get them from any loot (no matter if world, destroyed machines or dropped by players)?

Similar could count for other weapon classes, too.
But… With that the luck of finding good stuff could become less worth. And with that, the idea of supporting each other in multiplayer could become difficult. And last but not least it would prevent the idea of being able to play a new game plus, a new world with a new character and all the good stuff of your previous playthrough.

Let’s say, we know many games that have many features that could be a thing for GZ, too. They work in other games so why not in GZ? But GZ isn’t a game as all the other games. We all know that. This indescribable feeling while playing GZ. But with that we also have to realize that the way how it is done isn’t compatible with many of these features of this mishmash of all the other games.

GZ is special. In good as in bad cases.