Endgame content is vital for a "grind-game" genre

Generation Zero is an amazing concept and the game has huge potential but entirely lacks endgame content.

So my question is what can this come up with as endgame content that can be implemented into the current game.

I think some kind of crafting and upgradable safehouses and more NPC in every area.
To that, I would like to see some kind of daily missions, etc.

IMHO the very lack of NPC colours the game into what it is.
It also does not suit the story to bring in NPC’s, as these were killed/evacced.

Building bases as well, IMHO, simply does not suit the style of the game, and having safe houses with teleport and plundra also defeats the very idea of bases?

1 Like

Some daily or weekly missions would be good. Would help to keep the game alive after all the main missions have been completed.

3 Likes

Maybe some rouge platoons or something like that, actually sticks to the story and wouldn´t be to unrealistic

If these are extremely very dead, sure.
We do miss more bodies ingame representing the slaughter.
Alive then?
Nah, please… don’t…
The very lack of living NPC’s, as I said, makes a lot of the atmosphere of the game.
Adding NPC’s would, I bet you for this, just kill the sensation of being the last one, the sole survivor, and thus the dread, the sensation of being lost and the depression that comes with it.
No?

2 Likes

I see you have a hard time thinking this game needs anything, ill tell you its not on a top sell list anywhere and if its gonna in fact survive and be developed it needs change.

Its empty, the entire game feels empty its nothing to it, and im not alone feeling that. Maybe here on the forum cause the majority of the people here just thinks its ok. I thought the last DLC was a step in the right direction and if i guess your opinion about that is opposite. It needs to evolve and it needs content to get more players. More players means more profit, more profit, more dev hours. You get it?

1 Like

Aaaand I dont say the entire game is bad, I still play it because its alot of fun.
Just wanted to see what others thought would be fun to add.

But i know your opinion by now (:

First off, I am speaking here as a ROLE PLAYER.
Please do not forget this…

Au contraire, it needs a LOT.
Please do check other posts of me.

This said, one can add things, and one can add things.
Adding machines?
PERFECT!
Adding digital people?
Well… no…
Missions?
Oh hell yeah!
Base building?
Euh… no.

One can add things, that simply break the atmosphere and story of a game.
Story: Sweden got heavily fuxxorred by mechs, military erased!!! and survivors evacuated.
Living beings then… (except the frakkin survivors on that island, which I also heavily dislike) would break just that…

Agreed.
Game needs more machines.
Game needs threat (which currently is not existing).
Everything is a walk in the park, sadly…

Fully agree… until it comes to the NPC’s.
If I could I would’ve killed them myself.

Again, 100% true.
Just not… you guessed it.

I NEVER EVER did, au contraire, and up to this point!
The game is AWESOME.
But it needs a machine AI fix BADLY.
As well as a G+/G++.
But DAMN, the game is not just great, it’s frikken MAGNIFICENT!!!
The land, the trees, the houses, THE LACK OF NPC… just… waaaaw…

See, I would like to have a fully decked out F14A Tomcat Grumman.
It CAN be done, it is time wise correct, so… should I ask for one? :wink:
(Hyperbole’d to make a point)

Like you, I have this opinion, and like you, I share this opinion.
This does not mean, I disrespect you or what you wrote!
… and I really would love the F14A…
OOOH, and a Lockheed SR71 Blackbird or it’s predecessor, the Lockheed A-12…
And if you can, a Wiegert Vector W2 '73 Prototype! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly… this won’t fit the game either… :frowning:

That isn’t true. Compared to the launch date, there is plenty to do post end-game. Like rivals and experimental weapons, challenges and of course Alpine Unrest DLC. Also, that is just the beginning since devs are planning to add even more content for players who have finished all their missions.

Back in the early days, there was a broken feature called “Bounties”.

The idea was that you accessed a warboard and from there, pick your daily side mission. There was supposed to be 2-3 different types of side missions, including Bounty mission. Bounty mission was essentially same as current day Rivals are, where a certain machine was marked on your map and you had to take it out (it’s possible that Rivals grew out from that feature).
What the reward of those daily side missions would’ve been - that is unknown.

But since this feature wasn’t finished, it was removed from the game soon after. Perhaps one day, we get the daily missions back in GZ.

1 Like

I do not view this as a “grind-game” at all…That said not all games of that type have an end game WoT, Sea of Thieves & theHunterCOTW are just
three examples of this. Since the success of “Games as a Service” end game is not many games concern bug fixes & continuous new free & paid content is the focus.
SPP

1 Like

I might, too, but I like looting their suitcases while they, like, just standing there…

1 Like

It has grinding elements like experimental weapons, challenges and cosmetics/gear.
Rotating missions would bring some more variation to the rather empty rival hunt.

Another thing I think would be nice quality is character share stash.

2 Likes

ALL games have these.
Well… at least 80% have these elements in one form or another.
It’s how things work in a game.

Sorry to tell you but 80% off all games is grinding based

1 Like

That is what I said, indeed. :slight_smile:

That’s contrary to what you said in your earlier posts regarding Generation Zero

1 Like

@Beomez
Uhm, please elaborate? o_O

Sorry it wasnt you who had that opinion.

1 Like

@Beomez
NP, sir, we all make mistakes. :slight_smile:

I would say we should leave it to the developers. We can and should of course make suggestions what we would like to see in the game, but at the end of the day, it’s their game and universe, so if they come to the conclusion that survivors fit into their story or maybe even belong into their story, they should add them in.

1 Like