Harvester guards reanimate

Recently I’m finding myself in an endless battle against hunters. It feels like when I take down one, two take it place.
Now I read that harvesters have the ability to call in hunters so I figured that was the thing. However, after taking out the harvesters, hunters kept coming.
These fights would always appear far away from spawn locations and I would put up field radios to make the journey into the fray faster. This started to make me suspect using field radios in this matter where creating the hunters.
I stopped using field radios and strangle enough the endless fights with hunters went away as well. Funny that.

If you are reporting an in-game bug, then please do it properly by following READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report guide. Else-ways and what you currently have is just a feedback of the game and is better suited in the #feedback-feature-requests subforum.

So, which one is it?

I’ll say it a bug that I’m trying to report mostly. Sorry about not following proper procedures (I’m quite new to the forum and I don’t post often). I have read harvesters will drop hunters (which makes this a feature suggestion) but I tend to see the issue after the harvesters are dead, and with every death more hunter keep coming (they are almost like a Hydra). I play the game on PS4 (and I haven’t figured out a good way to transfer screen shots or video from there to the computer).

I will do better next time.

Steps to reproduce:

• find town with hunters, tanks, and harvesters
  • place field radio nearby
  • kill harvesters
  • lose to tanks or hunters
  • abandon fight
  • re-spawn and fast travel to field radio
  • kill as many hunters as you can (try to count how many there are)
  • lose again, abandon, re-spawn, fast travel to field radio
  • repeat (the hunter’s number doesn’t seem to drop)

I was soloing when this happens with a Skirmish difficulty

Depending on where you are (which part of the map), it is possible that the “endless” hunters you see are actually random roaming patrols, that are drawn in due to the gunfire.

However, i’ll try to reproduce your issue.

So, i reproduced your steps and i couldn’t tell a difference. Then again, i killed 5x mil harvs and had loads of hunters around me. Still, in the end, i was able to clear them all out.

Video too if interested;
(It was a fun battle, loved it. :grin:)

However, i did found what your issue is. Hunters aren’t endless but instead harv guards reanimate.

Platform: PC (Guerilla difficulty).

Description: After killing any harvester and it’s hunter guards, Fast Traveling out of the area and then back, reanimates all previously destroyed hunter guards.

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Kill any harvester.
  2. Kill all of it’s hunter guards.
  3. Fast Travel out of the area.
  4. Fast Travel back to the area (either by Field Radio or via Safehouse).
  5. Killed harvester remains dead, while it’s hunter guards reanimate.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Host.

Players in your game: 1.

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)

Corrected topic title.

//Mod

2 Likes

That sound about right. I was noticing that. So I guess the issue is Zombie Hunters?

In a nutshell: Yes.

Though, zombie as such, is usually referred to a biological entity (usually human) that comes back from the dead. Since we have machines in GZ, i’d refer that phenom as Necrons (from Warhammer 40k), which repairs itself in the time that took you to Fast Travel away from the area and then back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like