What is everyone's current thoughts on the state of the game right now

I can live with that. Not sure I have come across teleportation as their extremities stick through the ceilings and walls. If they teleported in surely the top parts would not move along the floor of the upper rooms like mechanical shark fins through water. You could have repair bots. That would be ok. As for machines entering safe houses they do on occasion.

I forgot to say we cannot fast travel during combat.If the machines can so should we.

Still love the game, in a way.
I played it since the minute it released… and I never seen a game in a worse state at release than this one were in.
2 hours of playtime without at least 1 out of 4 players crashing almost made us this something were wrong. Every machine could come running through walls etc etc… it were horrible!
Still the atmosphere and originality kept us going, and the minigames of actually having to figure out together where to go and what to do, as there were no wussy blinking icons telling one what to do and where to go, and general knowledge of how to use a phonebook in a phonebooth in the 1980’s Sweden were more important than having a good aim.
At the same time I promised myself never to buy an Avalance game again, (so wise move to change name I guess)

I bought the game mainly just to see where the heck they were going with it, and what could be fun with such an odd concept that sounded quite repetitive with no replayability with a second char.
I still don’t really know where they are going, or what was/is so fun and charming, but I still play, and promised myself to buy every DLC they release for it, no matter how stupid it is. I’m just tagging along for the ride

When ‘Alpine Unrest’ were released, me an one co-op mate that stuck around from the release, took it for a ride and my progress weren’t saved, and I couldn’t launch AU from my own save I noticed when trying to catch up so progress would save for both.
I finished it with co-op mate on his save/world… and didn’t touch the game for 3 months as I were so pissed off.
But time passed and a fix were made, and he wanted to drag me through it, and had been asking me weekly for the 3 months to start playing again.
I can’t say I liked doing it again but at least it got me back into the game.

At FNIX rising we played on my world/save first… and it were decent at least, and a lot more… or rather different, atmosphere added to the game.
When we were about to go through it on his world/save it crashed in the middle of the defense mission, locking his save-game from further progress (known bug not sure if fixed)
He didn’t really mind… but if it would’ve happened to me this post would be unreadable due to cursewords and multiple death-threats, or rather the post wouldn’t even exist as I wouldn’t have anything to do or say with the Gen Z community.

While the game technically is 100 times better than at launch, it have lost a bit of charm on the way, and more turned into a shooter in an odd setting. And as only a shooter the game never shined, and as a looter-shooter the endgame is severely lacking.

But it’s not a looter-shooter (yet at least, (and never I hope)) it’s still Gen Zero, a hard to define game that still holds some odd ‘just gotta play a while’ addictive feeling.

Hey everyone :slight_smile: Just a question I wanted to ask: After the FNIX Rising DLC and update (PC), is it just me or have Hunters become a bit more passive? My suspicion of this has grown over my last 2 sessions. Not sure how to put my finger on it, but it seems like one or a few Hunters mostly attack like they used to, but large groups of Hunters seem to often just stand around and don’t know quite what to do, even when you unload a full belt of KVM ammo at them. Yesterday I fought an Apoc Harvester with it’s squad of Hunters. 2 Hunters attacked me with their mortars, but the other 2 or 3 just stood there staring at me. Of all the past times I’ve been downed in this game, 80% of that has to be by Hunters. I don’t want these guys to just become cannon fodder! :wink:

Is this a known issue that I just haven’t heard of? Or is it just a coincidence on my part? :slight_smile:

(Edit: NOT compared to the weird April update, but before that…)

1 Like

Hmm, I can’t confirm thatr. I was just fighting in the safehouse close to Averholm 2 days ago and the hunters were very interested to even enter the cave. Was very intense and none of the hunters was standing around.

I’m torn. I love the game, but the way they handled the DLC isn’t what I would’ve hoped, I wish they would’ve delayed it a bit to fix all the issues and then release it simultaneously on all 3 versions. Even if that isn’t possible, they could’ve released them all in, say, a month window. It’s been nearly 3 months, and there is still no PS release date.

Obviously I’ll still play it, and I’m still pretty hyped even after 3 months, I’m just disappointed.

I do understand however, sometimes unexpected things happen and it seems like it took them a while to find out the cause of a lot of the issues, and it doesn’t help they are working from home either.

1 Like

I’d say a lot more passive.

During reproduction of another reported bug, i had a proper battle with loads of mil hunters around. While few of them did engage me, most were standing still and seemed like they were waiting for their turn.

Gameplay video of that battle in here, 1st video: Harvester guards reanimate

I think this is intended since when 15+ hunters would fire at you all the time and all at once, you’d be dead within milliseconds and the bombardment would never end. Instead, hunters attack you one after another, to give player some breathing room and time to counter-attack.

In ideal world, yes, it would be nice if everyone got the update/DLC at the same time (June '20). But we do not live in the ideal world and things happened that pushed the release back on two platforms.

Tanks have their own “Who am I?, Where do I come from?” mode:

Many times I saw tank stop moving and attacking when I run behind its back. Unless I shoot both weapons of it will stand in place waiting to be destroyed.

I actually thought about this. It makes sense. “Waiting for their turn” is actually a precise description of it, because those who stand idly by in the background often engage right after I take out the first attackers. I saw it happen a few times when we were playing on Himfjäll yesterday, and I have also gotten the impression that it mostly occurs with Apocalypse Hunters, but of course, dodging 10 airburst mortars at once could be a bit frustrating! :sweat_smile:
Now I’m wondering if this wasn’t a thing before the june update, because I hadn’t noticed it until recently. I will admit it’s possible that I just don’t remember well enough. :thinking:

After April '20 update, the machine fire rate and accuracy was that good that it gave an impression of there being a lot more hunters around you than there actually was. Also, hunters dropped ticks on regular basis as well.
In this topic i have a recording of one battle that took place post-April '20 update: Guerrilla Difficulty is fine Solo

The weird April 20 update was the best update. It made the game challenging and forced you to think your tactics and run most of the time. The June update is the weird update which is the update that the devs softened up the game for all the players that whined about the April update.

The June 20 update is the update that turned the Hunters into the hunted. April 20 Hunters would force you to fear Hunters. Once an April 20 Hunter turned its targeting laser on, you had a fraction of a second to react. June 20 Hunters? They shoot their targeting laser at where you are standing, you can walk several feet away, the Hunter will keep the targeting laser where you were LAST standing, you can sing your favorite song, and when you finish your song is when the June 20 Hunter will finally shoot your last position. June 20 update successful. It softened up the game for those that whined about the April 20 update.

Yes, the Hunters now act confused because the “hunting” aspect of their programming has been removed. April 20 update was frustrating, and that is what made it enjoyable. Anything challenging enough WILL be frustrating because of the fact that it is challenging. I am hoping April 20 will make its way back as its own difficulty level. I played 200+ hours of April 20 to realize just how more enjoyable it was to June 20.

1 Like

I actually timed it and it takes 4 seconds! for hunter to fire it’s Concussion Rifle post-June '20 update. :confounded: And that on Guerilla difficulty.

You quote me, but did I at any point say that the june Hunters were how Hunters should be? I think I said that they’re seemingly too passive. The april update was weird, and I stand by that. I liked the machine’s increased aggression, but their AI was way off. They could see you at 200 m, through a hill, for :smiling_imp:’s sake! I would like if they found a good balance between april and june versions. :+1:

2 Likes

You did. I was simply giving an example to one of the reasons as to how they are acting passively and the event that caused them to be passive. :wink:

On Guerilla? Damn. Feels like it should be like… 2 seconds, or 1.5. Fast enough to a threat, but still slow enough to give you a slight chance.

1 Like

Yes.

It is best seen in my video, which i recorded for the Tier 3 in Guide: "Wild West" challenge.

1st concussion rifle shot happens at 0:22 in the video, which you can time. Also, there are plenty of other concussion rifle shots seen in there. Concussion rifle shots that happen at: 1:16 and 1:29 are one of the best examples to showcase how bad the concussion rifle is now.

1 Like

It’s the same with FNIX hunters flechette shotguns - first we hear a reload sound, then we can get drunk, sober up, and at that point we get a shot.

I think it’s like that with all hunter classes, but other produce no audio/visual thingy before shooting.

1 Like

FNIX Hunters really used to rain down hell on me with those flechettes before, now I can hardly remember the last time they managed to even hit me with one. Just keep sidestepping and they will miss…

1 Like

Guys… I have a confession, I don’t own the game, never played and @Etzio_tha_great is also a fraud he plays fortnite not this. We are truly sorry.

2 Likes

why would you fake that? I’m dying :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like