Enemy Air Support

Currently GZ has one type of hostile flying enemy which is the Seeker, hovers slowly around the environment with a ridiculous high detection radius and alerts fellow robots of your fleshy existence. As dangerous as they can be in high enemy dense areas, they pose no threat besides the alarm. We know Sweden has plenty of abandoned fighter jets lying around but would all of that military spending stop at only 1 air variant? I think not! So you’ve got Bomber and Gunner Bots.

“Bomber” Initial idea would be a high speed high detection robot that flies over the humans location carpeting bombing the area similar to an actual fighter jet
-Lightly Armored
-High Detection Radius
-High Movement Speed
-Weapons Based on Class
-Explosive
-Gas
-Incendiary
-Machine Guns

“Gunner” Never seen a single helicopter yet in GZ, but this robot would be similar to an attack chopper raining bullets and missiles as it hovers over the location of the fleshy ones; imagine a flying Tank with propeller blades hovering in your direction as you hear its groans and the faint hum of spinning blades with a bright spotlight painting the ground.
-Heavily Armored
-Slow due to propellers
-Low Detection Radius
-Weapons Based on Class
-Heavy And light machine guns
-Rockets similar to the Tank
-Air Drops Ticks

“Dropper” This one may make the Seekers function counterproductive, but a Big Bertha of metal and spinning blades slowly whirring in the night sky carrying a F$&?ing Tank and a dozen runners
-More armored than a Tank
-Super Slow
-High Detection Radius

-No Weapons but deploys various robots in the humans air space to decimate them into red paint.

If this has already been discussed well go get stepped on by a Tank, if not hopefully these ideas get considered because the current Robos aren’t a big enough challenge. If they don’t be considered, well at least you can imagine.

1 Like

Yeah, aerial bots has been discussed before.
Still a no from me, I think it wouldn’t fit the balance that well.

1 Like

Hey thanks for responding! I can understand where aerial bots wouldn’t function on a small island of Sweden, nothing to restrain the flying robots therefore they would in reality fly about else where and cause mayhem to other countries. Unless the developers tend to spin it that way down the future that robotic pandemic spreads beyond the island to a different country or it may already have but we are stuck on the island with no way off it so now way of knowing! O_o

I think if they would introduce flying robots with those abilities, they would also need to introduce counter measures to them, like Robotsystem 70 or some such. Not sure how I feel about flying enemies in this game, we’ll see which direction the devs will take things.

1 Like