Equipment Poll on Go To equipment

Hi again yall. My other poll

Went really well thank y’all for taking the time to vote. With this one as quoted here

I would like to see what people prefer for equipment in certain situations.

Explosives

• Grenades
  • Land mines
  • Robot tanks
  • Propane tanks (both colors)

0 voters

Distractions

• Smoke Grenades
  • EMPs
  • Flares
  • Sticky Flares
  • Fireworks

0 voters

Lures

• Comm Arrays
  • Radios
  • Boomboxes

0 voters

Healing

• Simple kits
  • Standard kits
  • Advanced kits
  • First Response packs

0 voters

Bonus (Favorite Rocket Launcher Ammo)

• Smoke
  • EMP
  • Explosive

0 voters

I know rocket ammo isn’t equipment but it’s more for utility than an actual viable weapon :joy:

3 Likes

Y u torturin’ me doing choices? I use everything in that order: smoke, flare, explosives, emp, lures.

About lures: radios/boomboxes are finite, only on a few mainland spots (or mostly on Himfjall) you can get respawnable music lures. Comm. horns are salvageable from drones anywhere and thus less of a hustle to farm for them.

Once you learn how smoke works, you’ll love it. But in Nov’20 patch it got less utility, but gained more “thrilling dynamic fun” instead (of a “bane to cautious survivng players” kind). Still, great help in setting up traps in close proximity or sneaking around. Grg49 smoke still loud and more combat oriented though.

Explosives are fun in this game, but weak, so you have to free a lot of space to use it effectively. For example you’ll need around 30 red canisters to shred fresh FNIX tank, add risks of lures and detection proximity. Weight of ammo and meds you’ll gonna spend “classic way” up to 5-6 kg even with dilapilated quality. You Do The Math.
P.S.: I love “flying pie” and “plant at feet” styles with mines.

EMP is excellent stuff to carry around and safe to use by “setting 'em off” under feet unlike explosives. Such tactical, much use. But needs extra effort in skills either of player or character to be used, not wasted.

Meds: usually I use PRP as soon as possible, due to weight. Good idea would be not nubers of use, but either “charges = health to receive” and direct “healer” skill still do better job, even with “(absence of) extra healing” bug. StanFAK provides balance with healing power, efficiency and weight. AFAK is less weight efficient - for same weight you can get more health with SimFAK and StanFAK or same health with less weight. SimFAK gains greater utility against status effects as remedies to save up better stuff, due to slow cheap but long enough healing.

Fireworks and flares… that’s the usual stuff, when you wanna make machines look the other way for a few seconds. A bit unreliable, though. So either you gamble with single one or have to carry extra to throw extra.

2 Likes

At the time of writing this, i’m the only one who likes to use “Robot tanks” as explosives. Though, that’s a naming error in the poll and actual item name intended for, is Fuel Cell.

While Small Fuel Cell is the weakest explosive in the game, the Large Fuel Cell is the strongest explosive in the game and latter i also love to use, especially in-conjunction with Heavy Comm Array lure. :grin:

Since Large Fuel Cell weighs the same as Explosive Gas Tank but makes bigger “boom”, it is more effective. Downside of Large Fuel Cell is it’s availability, obtainable only from harvs and tanks.

This is a very interesting poll! I like it!
The question about first aid kits was tough for me. I usually start with the simple. When that runs out then I move onto standard and advanced. So technically I use all on a regular basis but I always use simple first when I have them.

I love the idea of being smart in combat and using distractions and so on to win the fights but I’m too much of a Tasmanian devil by running in, causing a mess and running out an on to the next place.

Fun poll!

1 Like

I would use Granates more if they would stop exploding in my hand.
I would use Comm Arrays more if Seekers would drop some (I never shoot the arreys and have the max skill to loot damaged components but still get maybe one drop per 4 hour play session)
I would use First Response packs more if they would not only heal 60 HP and weight 1 kg.

1 Like

These are intended for MP since they have AoE. Meaning that in a full MP session, all 4 players can be healed from the single Response Pack, making the total healing capacity to: (20 HP x 3) x 4 = 240 HP.

1 Like

That might be the point of them. I don’t play MP. Do the other players have to stand next to the Box while activation or does every player have 3x20 HP heals intependently?

This. Since while it does have Area of Effect, it is relatively small. Roughly 10m around it (10m by in-game measurement, about 2m by measuring with your eye).

Poll6: Very interesting the see the many choices.

1 Like

It’s nice so many people answered! I enjoy these polls :grin:

1 Like

Thank you all for those coming back to vote again and the new voters, If this is something y’all would like me to continue please let me know as I can go into details for future ones.

1 Like

Explosives: Nope, too underpowered to even bother.
Distractions: Just sticky flares and fireworks.
Lures: I yell “Come here!”, or I start shooting one, and they all come running!
Healing: Any medkit will do. FR pack, nah.
Recoilless Rifle: Don’t use it, but EMP rounds could be useful in multiplayer.

2 Likes