Experimental components and ideas 2021

I wouldn’t like a suppressor on the .50 cal I like the noise it makes and the danger that comes with it using it, but would be open to a muzzle attachment thats reduces recoil or something else along those lines.

This really dont fit into game. Even now game quite realisticly handles suppressors.
You shoot enemy close enough with any suppressed gun(s). Machines detect you.

.50cal round is like 2-3x speed of sound, breaking the soundbarrier is where sound comes.
400m draw distance would make no difference in the game. Suppressor or no suppressor.
That shot will be heard kilometers away.

And IRL, i havent ever seen suporessor on Barrett M82 rifle.

You’ve never seen them because they don’t exist. Guns that size have built in compensators to stop the gun from jumping more than 2 feet up in the air. Take that away to add a suppressor and you’d only be able to fire the gun half as much cause you’d have to spend that time just lining up the shot again. Even with the built in compensator it still jumps a lot.

1 Like

You made my point for me! Increasing the tube length would require a special kit to do it. Unlike all the other attachments which are interchangeable with the original gun. Find a bigger capacity clip or mag; slap it in. No modification required. Want a silencer… screw it on, etc… no kits required. If you physically have to take apart part of the gun with a special kit (that I don’t know if it was even available in the 80’s, and with instructions on how) then this is no longer an attachment. It is a mod.
And yes I agree; more talk equals more chance of seeing these happen.:wink:

1 Like

Suppressors for the M82 barret .50 cal do exist. Though it seems they are more for flash than noise suppression. Even with a suppressor, I am sure it would still be very loud, and enemies would still detect you.

1 Like

up grade for the gas mask, bit poor protection at the moment.
Teflon coated 50 cal rounds.
Range finder on the Granatgevär m/49.
Question ?
Is there a extended mag for the Automatgevär 4 normally it 20 rounds ? I like this gun.
Is there more than one magnum, as I finished off couple of Tanks with my magnum and did not get the reward in the challengers ?

Don;t like the heavy machine gun, 160 rounds with the extended mag, it fires rounds every where at long distance.

1 Like

5* quality extended magazine boosts mag capacity to 35 rounds :slight_smile:

There’s only one Magnum handgun.

Off-topic removed at the request of the OP. Let’s keep the discussion on point.

//Mod

1 Like

I would like to see a mini-nuke for the Granatgevär, but it would have to have some range so I don’t toast myself. I can see dropping this over a hill on a cluster of tanks and harvesters. I am not saying it should outright destroy all of them, but it should cut them down to size pretty much. Then I can go in a clean up the big boys without much hassle from hunter/reapers and dogs.

And I would enjoy the heck out of seeing that mushroom cloud rising in the sky, that would be a real photo op…!
:snowman_with_snow:

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Casual chat discussions

Error.
Latest fallout game had codename Van Buren.

Back on topic, It’s hard to think up something more unique stuff without being too ridiculous or too “magical”.
I’d propose for Mouse/Elk riffles semi-auto fire mode.
Special optic/module that has all the properties (and abilities) of binocular (but that would make latter obsolette).
Smart-bullets - high-caliber bullets that self-correct mid-air.
Revamp of exp pump shotgun. I was supposed to be “melee” weaopon in gun-only environment, but now we have melee proper.
Stability enhancement for exp FNC (AG5)? Like it’s already stable enough, but what about making pin-point accuracy at expence of a great inertia and lowered mouse sense? Switchable, of course.

1 Like

Topic cleanup.

//Mod

Another nice one to have would be magnetic grenades, toss and forget.
Oh, and depleted uranium rounds for the 50cal.

2 Likes

All excellent ideas!

Keep them coming

Or sticky grenades, like the flares one.

1 Like

We have safer tungsten from renewable sources. DU is just very dence, hence heavier material. Tungsten alloys are hardest of metal alloys and it usually more obvious choice for firearms.

X-N9 - burst-fire mode. Making it legit 93R version.
X-N16 - Implementing gauss underslung grenage launcher. It uses “coil gun” principle (as seen on X-pvg90) to toss regular grenades. Looks similar to iconic M16a2 with square handguard and 'nade launcher.
X-N60 - acid coated/capsule bullets. Armor hits are same/even lowered multiplier. Component hits do a tick or two of damage over time and have a chance to spawn a small “smoke cloud”, just barely enough to blind machine for few seconds with consequent “confused machine” behaviour.

1 Like

This is some good stuff.

Great ideas.

Keep it coming

supported yourself
?