Experimental Shotgun

Anybody know if it makes a difference what ammo you feed it? Is bird shot any different than slugs etc?

Mainly range (and by that time) before the flechette explodes.

Slug… never liked them for any shottie, not even tried them out in combat for this one, so short range. Blows up in your pockets almost.

Buckshot: Quite short range, decent damage. range is to short to keep circle strafing a tank for me.

Birdshot: The ammo of choice for me for that one. long enough travel for it to be effective for most purposes. Decent damage, can circle a tank and even reload without fear of dying from the auto-cannon while reloading.

Main drawback with the gun is lack of real initial damage, so those ticks will be really annoying.

I go over the range’s and differences of each ammo type in this video here! As well as a bunch of other factors for the other EXP guns.

Thank’s tene , ah now i need to get a ex shotty :rofl::+1:

Get some slugs in it and launch those runners to the moon my friend! :rocket::first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Ok finally got a chance to test this myself - and I’m underwhelmed. Not only does it have less range, I also have the impression that you need to use more rounds to kill off enemies with the exp. than the 5-star shotgun. I’ll stick with normal shotgun for now, until both range and damage is improved with the exp. version. :-1:

Same with the AG4 Exp - it’s way cooler, but I’m not convinced it’s got much more punch…

Just a little update - took out 4 FNIX hunters using the exp. 12G shotgun, and I’m still underwhelmed with the damage output. It took in total 40 buckshot rounds to kill them, which is 10 shots per hunter on average. I’m pretty sure I hit with most of the shots.
Normally I would use a 5* 12G, and using this weapon, I’m also pretty sure I normally use around 8 rounds per hunter, and not 10.
So maybe the devs can enlighten us as to why both the range and damage output of the exp. 12G is lower, compared to a normal 5* 12G? Is it really meant to just be a gimmick and not a really useful weapon? :thinking:

Slugs are bugged. I’m not a rapper, that’s a fact. They explode in your face, almost like hitting an invisible barrier. I’ve tried them in combat directly on an enemy, it doesn’t seem to work at all. Buckshot is nice for up close and personal, but the birdshot is your go to ammo. Maximize your space by dropping slugs and keeping buckshot down to a single sleeve, I’d recommend picking up all the birdshot you can

I can work with the buckshot range for hunters - my main issue seems not to be the range, but the damage per round, which I believe is lower than the same ammo in 5* 12G - at least for me it seems that way.

I second on the slug ammo, it just doesn’t work. Buck shot I also agree with one slot and use the birdshot. I have taken down any type of tank, harvester, and hunters using the exp. 12g. With birdshot ammo and exp. AG4 and exp. Gluck.