Experimental Shotgun

Slugs are bugged. I’m not a rapper, that’s a fact. They explode in your face, almost like hitting an invisible barrier. I’ve tried them in combat directly on an enemy, it doesn’t seem to work at all. Buckshot is nice for up close and personal, but the birdshot is your go to ammo. Maximize your space by dropping slugs and keeping buckshot down to a single sleeve, I’d recommend picking up all the birdshot you can

1 Like

I can work with the buckshot range for hunters - my main issue seems not to be the range, but the damage per round, which I believe is lower than the same ammo in 5* 12G - at least for me it seems that way.

I second on the slug ammo, it just doesn’t work. Buck shot I also agree with one slot and use the birdshot. I have taken down any type of tank, harvester, and hunters using the exp. 12g. With birdshot ammo and exp. AG4 and exp. Gluck.

The shotgun cant fire slug rounds it instead blows up in your face doing nothing too the enemy …lastly my only other two issues is the fact you cant up your scope sensitivity with red dots not a biggt but would be nice i feel sluggish and the last thing is that my missions " lost and found mission is bugged i destroyed the cells but remains incomplete i did " flying objects" and remains incomplete deapite being actually completed and my minken bunker mission is glitched after killing the robot that was jamming the signal i killed and i cannot acces the missions from the board please at least fix the bugs for the missions i enjoyed the story tho great game my style will be playing my heart out of it 5 stars just fix the bugs plz

“flying objects” and “lost and found” have already been acknowledged by the Devs. The shotgun slug ammo I’ve noticed too but it happens to me for all shotguns no matter what tier, the slug ammo just doesn’t work in general. There’s plenty of Buck and birdshot though, I’ve just been dropping all the slug ammo.

Slug ammon in the Exp shotty has a very short range (5m, I believe).

2 Likes

@pegnose I had heard it was for extremely close range so I actually tried rushing a hunter and getting in his face. The slugs never even phased him, there were no EMP pulses going off, and I ended up pouring almost 2 full Exp. AG4 clips into him before he went down, so I assume the slugs did little to no damage even from a literal foot away from him. That may be the case I just really feel like the slugs have very little to no effect, so even if it’s not a bug with the ammo that would mean slugs are just incredibly ineffective.

According to devs, this is working as intended, although I also find it very silly. Range is less than 1m - consider it a melee weapon. I wish they would change it though.

Not in my experience. I use slug ammo all the time to shoot weapons off FNIX hunters, it works fine!

1 Like

Did you aim/ADS? The spread on hip fire can be substantial.

1 Like

@pegnose I did not I just hip fired from as close as I could get. Maybe that’s my problem is the hip fire for that weapon is too loose/tight on the spread with that particular ammo

1 Like

they are “experimental” they never said the experiment was a success, i stick to birdshot with this one

3 Likes

:sunny: I’m loving this game, but there is one thing that I suspect is a glitch.

When using slug ammunition for the experimental 12g pump-action, the rounds explode almost immediately after leaving the barrell; I assume that it would be fine to ask for this to be changed in some way.

Maybe this is a difficult issue, I would not know about that, but i would appreciate knowing if this is something you would like to change.

1 Like

As mentioned above, this is actually working as intended.
Does it make sense? No.
Is it useless? Yes.
Has it been mentioned several times? Yes.

But it’s still as the developers envision it, apparently.
I think every single player of GZ would like the exp. 12G to work as the FNIX hunters’ Flechette gun (where the ammo type instead only would have impact on the “spread” of the flechette rounds), but I don’t have any hope that’s actually going to happen… :thinking:

It was the first experimental I picked up, and it didn’t exactly make me happy. After making a lot of noise about it, a bright person (Hi @kakarron) in here said “It is an experimental! Not all experiments are successful.”. That kind of shot me up :smile:

And seen in that context it was actually quite smart of the devs to make it that way.

2 Likes

Right, that’s a very valid point. It would be ok if it had some disadvantages, along with its advantages.
Problem right now is it doesn’t hold any advantages over a normal shotgun, since I feel the damage is inferior as well (according to my own testing). If it had a serious damage boost, the disadvantage would be outweighed by increased damage, but that’s not the case now according to my experience.

2 Likes

You are right, @ameinild. I used it for a short while avoiding the useless slugs (red ones I think … can’t really remember). Eventually I put it back in the Plundra and haven’t thought much of it ever since. I have no idea what justifies its existence. The range is too short even to commit suicide :confused:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:
That’s ultimately a serious bummer in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by killer-machines!

4 Likes

Merged threads that concern the 12G Experimental Shotgun. Since it may be unverified if it’s behaviour is a bug or not, I’ll leave this in Feedback/Feature Requests for now.

/Mod

2 Likes

How is it possible that the slugs in this shotgun are NOT like the IN REAL LIFE Gun the NeoPup.
I mean why would you not have the shotgun act like a semi auto long range direct fire grenade launcher… And why not have the birdshot act more like close-ish range staggering material. Like it is now but more stagger and lower range. As for the buckshot have it more range and more pellets and you are set on those. :slight_smile: Is more fun for evreyone that way…

As far As I remember lurking in this forum, exp shotgun was ersatz-melee weapon before we got melee proper.
Now, I’d propose it’s total rework.