Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch

@0L0
And still, you’re not even remotely in my shadow, when it comes to stupidity. XD
Race ya… ROFL

2 Likes

Yeah I had a similar scenario what started as a rival harvester and a apocalypse tank suddenly 8 hunters turn up and god knows how many dogs and after it all using at least 20 rpgs 15 grenades and probably 40 rounds of the 50 cal. and possibly 800 smg rounds what I got in return was sad.

SAD I tell you.

3 Likes

If you do vanilla main missions, especially the last ones, you will get at least 4x 5* (golden) weapons if you pick them up. Those four include: m/49, Glock, HP5 and AI-76. There’s also known spawn point of 5* .44 Magnum.

Though, another way of getting weapons is player trade. For example, if you’re on PC, i have 6* 12G shotty and 6* Kpist to give away. Got some 5* weapons as well if you’re interested.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t give a 6* 12G pump gun to my worst enemy! I still have a bit of decency :smile:

3 Likes

Black Hole acts up…
Please elaborate on this, sir… I missed the pun I fear… :frowning:

While back I got this large pot with medication for senility…
8 hours later… it was empty…
Kept forgetting I took one already. XD :stuck_out_tongue:
Black Hole… XD

2 Likes

Let’s just say that the 6* 12G and me got off on a very wrong foot. I still haven’t understood its justification. I think it would be unfair to give it as a gift :wink:

Edit: Oh, it was a cheeky answer to @Aesyle in case you missed it :blush:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Well, it isn’t just empty 6* 12G shotty that i have. It also comes with:
5* shotgun choke
4* 2-4x shotgun scope
60x rounds of buckshot

Just assemble it and start shooting. :wink:

Though, out of all experimentals it is the worst. But then again, if player’s playstyle is up-close and personal (as most shotgun users are), it isn’t that bad of a weapon. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I took it out again on Himfjäll for a while but I couldn’t find my way around it. It looks spectacular using flechettes but the damage doesn’t really kick in IMHO. I like the 5* version better. Wouldn’t know what to do without my 6* PVG though.

1 Like

I use Shotty only for ticks in bunkers, IF I happen to have one on me… :slight_smile:

And ammo… XD
No use without that.
Seems it does not really eat 7.62mm…

2 Likes

I gotta character full of A1-76 twisted fire starters ’ Rip’ . Aye i named a gun after a great tune … Now i would’nt mind a bit of Dual wield with them ’ :thinking: hmm , Devs :+1: please

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong. Not complaining, just telling my experiences since the Feb update. I am a !ittle peeved about the 1 item loot boxes/robots. Having to run 3 bunkers and more to get ammo and health is a bit grindy. It was not like this before.
I really enjoyed the game pre Feb update. I like the fights with 8-12 hunters, multiple dogs, 2 tanks and harvester. Just please give me the stuff I need in a reasonable time. And how they started appearing inside with me is just not fair!!! Since when can these robots teleport???
To answer my own question, since the Feb update…

2 Likes

@hulyn
No sir: not YOU complaining…
I meant that RNG could be against you…

My apologies if you misunderstood… it was not meant as such…

Is it me being very bad at expressing today or… :’(

1 Like

@hulyn
Addendum: Machines did this before Februari… :wink:
They also glitch through walls and such in some cases.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I’m on console. I haven’t finished the main quest lines yet. Got into Alpine. But thanks for the info - will definitely do them now!

1 Like

Today I had 6 runners spawn in the same room!! One was standing on a table!!
Man the spawn rate is crazy! One battle - 2 lvl 4 finx Hunter rivals, 2 finx tanks, 1 military harvester, 18 hunters (apoc & mil) 8 of the drones and no idea how many dogs!!
I couldn’t kill the first drone cause I was trapped. And everybody kept joining in the party. It was great!! Got about 3400 xp for that. But no good loot. The rivals dropped shotguns shells.
Would the prestige points have anything to do with experimental drop rate?

1 Like

Keep taking down rivals. Still no luck. Even the level four tanks just leave me with some gloves. One day. One day. :joy:

1 Like

They are more difficult to get now, i played 6 days in a row, destroying at least 14 rivals and only found 3 :
2 Ex 12 G shotgun
1 Ex Pvg 90, gave it to some random guy in multiplayer, level 5 or 6 beginner (non cheater), i guess Christmas arrived early :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be grinding away until that Ex AG 4 sits in my inventory :ok_hand:

1 Like

Holy f… that’s a good droprate compared to how it is for me. Closing in on 100 rivals now (post drop rate nerf patch), have gotten two exp. weapons :frowning:

1 Like

I guess we’ll have to wait until next update and hope that devs implement the “bad luck protection” when it comes to the weapon drops. Latter was discussed in one of the dev streams.
Link and timestamp here: Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch (20th reply in this topic)

I’m also after 6* AG4 since when i get it, it would be my 5th 6* AG4 and i can finally complete my Experimental weapon collection which is stored in Plundra. :grin:

2 Likes