Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch

@hulyn
No sir: not YOU complaining…
I meant that RNG could be against you…

My apologies if you misunderstood… it was not meant as such…

Is it me being very bad at expressing today or… :’(

1 Like

@hulyn
Addendum: Machines did this before Februari… :wink:
They also glitch through walls and such in some cases.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I’m on console. I haven’t finished the main quest lines yet. Got into Alpine. But thanks for the info - will definitely do them now!

1 Like

Today I had 6 runners spawn in the same room!! One was standing on a table!!
Man the spawn rate is crazy! One battle - 2 lvl 4 finx Hunter rivals, 2 finx tanks, 1 military harvester, 18 hunters (apoc & mil) 8 of the drones and no idea how many dogs!!
I couldn’t kill the first drone cause I was trapped. And everybody kept joining in the party. It was great!! Got about 3400 xp for that. But no good loot. The rivals dropped shotguns shells.
Would the prestige points have anything to do with experimental drop rate?

1 Like

Keep taking down rivals. Still no luck. Even the level four tanks just leave me with some gloves. One day. One day. :joy:

1 Like

They are more difficult to get now, i played 6 days in a row, destroying at least 14 rivals and only found 3 :
2 Ex 12 G shotgun
1 Ex Pvg 90, gave it to some random guy in multiplayer, level 5 or 6 beginner (non cheater), i guess Christmas arrived early :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be grinding away until that Ex AG 4 sits in my inventory :ok_hand:

1 Like

Holy f… that’s a good droprate compared to how it is for me. Closing in on 100 rivals now (post drop rate nerf patch), have gotten two exp. weapons :frowning:

1 Like

I guess we’ll have to wait until next update and hope that devs implement the “bad luck protection” when it comes to the weapon drops. Latter was discussed in one of the dev streams.
Link and timestamp here: Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch (20th reply in this topic)

I’m also after 6* AG4 since when i get it, it would be my 5th 6* AG4 and i can finally complete my Experimental weapon collection which is stored in Plundra. :grin:

2 Likes

I think the Experimental AG4 is the rarest of all, at least for me only dropped one time since November (and before the new nerf update), in spite of that, good luck :wink:

2 Likes

This weekend has been great when it came to Exp weapon drops. Just waiting on the pistol and I’m done! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I guess we changed positions…past 5 days destroyed between 13 to 20 rivals(almost all level 4) , not one single special weapon…no experimental kvm yet

1 Like

I’ve only gotten two experimentals. The Glock when I was level 4, before the hotfix, and the AG4 today at level 25.

RNG is random as hell.

It does make me think that machine loot was probably the wrong route for these. Maybe they should have prioritized fixed locations for five and six star weapons. Particularly with the six star LMG only being around for a couple weeks. You can still force a challenge to get access to them by sticking machine guards around them, but it would be a more reliable system.

2 Likes

After the match update I got 4 experimental weapons: 2x Kvm, Kpist and PVG.

2 Likes

That’s terrible. It took to me getting to level thirty to end up getting the Exp weapons

2 Likes

It´s worst, i`m level 31 since mid November.
Before the March update in 3 rivals i usually had a special( 5 stars ) weapon or at least 2 special attachments.
Now i only get experimental apparel from them (which i already have, even the eye and earpiece).
i´m still missing 2 special weapons, the special Sjoqvist and special KVM 59.
My problem is…i hope the experimental KVM keeps spawning from loot…or else it´s 6 days to get it :sweat_smile:

By the Way Very Important info!!

Near Hammarbodarna safehouse (Himfjall island), there is a Relay beacon with an Apoc Tank and 3 or 4 runners, DO NOT DESTROY THE BEACON, because that tank has an higher chance for 5 star weapons (that´s where i got 2 kvm 89 5*stars).
(by an accidental explosion i destroyed the beacon)

1 Like

Crud eh. I get it. For the longest time all I was getting was clothing. Now I’m running out of rivals. What platform do you play on?

1 Like

PS4, loot spawn is worst since March update
But that spot was really great to get special weapons from the APOC tank (not experimental).

1 Like

Shiz. Too bad. Wish you rocked the Xbox, We could have rocked some multi player. but I get it. Been there and done the ps4. Just didn’t work out for me. Had a lot of issues. I’m thinking I’m going to try and start a new game to build up rivals if I can find someone to hold my items while I restart a new save

(Sorry if I should be writing this in the topic)

1 Like

Don´t tell me you already have the experimental KVM ?
Have fun!

1 Like