Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch

I do. I got it on sat morning. The only thing I need now is the pistol. I way lucky. But it took well over 100 rivals

1 Like

Lucky indeed!, have fun then (sometimes the pistol comes from harvesters and hunters so good hunting).

2 Likes

Was just going to come on and Lodge a complaint about this myself, as the wife and I have downed close to 50-60 lvl 4 rivals including Apo class, and neither of us had had a single exp weapon (more specifically the exp KVM ) drop out of any of them. Both on PS4 and Max lvl playing on dlc and main island, ZERO exp weapons from any of them. All I want to find is one KVMā€¦ is that too much to ask? LMAO

1 Like

from what i have figured, the game sets the droprate for each individual game session, i can start up my game on ps4 one day, just go around on my standard tank-killing route, and just kill tanks. some days i get nothing, not even clothing nor weapons, but on some days, it feels like every tank drops something golden. like recently, in one session, started playing at 20:00, quit at about 23:00, and in that time i had gotten one golden ag4, one golden ag5, golden mags for both of them, golden supressor/barrel extention for assault, one golden ai76 mag, one golden pvg90 mag and a golden hunting rifle supressor. all that in a few hours. the next day i playes again, same timeframe, and i did not get anything, not even clothing from the rivals i had saved from the evening before. still waiting for a golden Ƅlgstudsare, and the new pink lmg=)

1 Like

Wired gaming confirmed in his latest video last night that the 6* kvm is no longer in the loottableā€¦

1 Like

Personally, Iā€™d be happy with an ā€œOfficial Drop Tableā€ being posted somewhere, like what DE does for Warframe. Sure, some of the drop rates in Warframe are stoopid low (0.34% chance), but at least they are honest and upfront about it.

2 Likes

I watched yesterday that its 1:60

Iā€™m lucky that I got both the KVM 59 & 89 - but Iā€™m not even going to entertain grinding this until itā€™s been addressed. Itā€™s not fair that the community are kept in the dark about actual % rates following an update when clearly itā€™s a big part of the game now since the introduction of rivals.

Drop table is a great idea, but ideally - verified from Avalanche.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll tell you when experimentals donā€™t drop:

When I spent 5 hours with a full team in MP, grinding up rivals to lvl. 4, and finishing them off one by one, only to later realize that I was playing with one of my new characters, at lvl. 18ā€¦

:confounded:

1 Like

Ouch.

Thatā€™s a tough night.

1 Like

Yeah, and none of the others even had the courtesy to give me a hint about it! :roll_eyes:
I didnā€™t even think about it as I kept leveling upā€¦ what a dumbass! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just did this too, :face_with_hand_over_mouth: How much loot did I lose :scream::sob:we killed like 30 rivals :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Brother i did the same damn thing b4 I realized it, I had taken down 3 level 4 harv. Sucks

2 Likes

I think there needs to be a reminder somewhere or somehow saying you must be level 25 to get exp weps

1 Like

It sure is easy to forget when switching between characters! :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah it really is maybe when we go on our characters and it shows levels and xp maybe a reminder saying cannot get experimental weps or can get exp weps

1 Like

Are yoy at least level 25

1 Like

I fell like ever since you guys ā€œfixedā€ the chances for experimental weapons I havenā€™t been getting any! it may have been better with the old system if I am honest I mean, like I have killed 20 rivals mostly level five and the only thing I have ever gotten is clothes! itā€™s ridiculous and because my old save was completely trashed I have none and never will for a long time if ever with the drop rates! please fix.

1 Like

In one of the dev streams, it was asked about the weapon RNG drop rate. Devs answer is at 00:52:28,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/550826095?filter=archives&sort=time

1 Like

New to the forum, so late reply here. This is just speculation from personal experience, idk if it has been discussed elsewhere in the forum.
It seems more likely to get an experimental drop when youā€™re in someone elseā€™s game. I was playing with a lvl 4 new guy, killed a level 2 prototype hunter, and got the experimental AG4. Myself and a different friend just went on a hunting trip in my world, killing 12-15 lvl 4 rivals, mostly tanks. Out of this trip, he got the pvg-90 AND the lmg, while the best drop I got was a 3 crown pants schematic. All of the other rivals dropped completely normal or complete crap loot for me. Not complaining, the work paid off for the party :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

2 Likes