Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch

First rival down on Himfjäll dropped an exp. PVG90 - thank you devs, if you did (?) take a look on the drop chance for these with this latest patch! :smiley:

3 Likes

Didn’t get an experimental but did get a yellow kvm89 on my first Himfjäll rival

4 Likes

Did they adress this or is just a coincidence ?

2 Likes

Don’t know yet, haven’t been on an active rival hunt lately. Will have to see after the next run if it was just a lucky shot on the +70:th rival…

2 Likes

At the moment I’m staying off the DLC island, killing level 4 rivals like crazy, and I’m finding on them only clothing items - no experimental weapons whatsoever.

2 Likes

I’m lvl 27. Just killed a lvl 4 military hunter rival. For the loot, 7 rnds of 5.56 ammo. That’s all. Nothing else. Since the last update the first of the week ALL boxes and robot drops are terrible. 1 item per box/robot. Before, I could run a bunker and maybe a settlement and have enough loot to take on the big guys. Now, like yesterday, I had to run 3 bunkers and a whole town. Still didn’t have enough health and rockets to really take on a. mil or apoc tank.
If all I get for a rival is a few bullets, what’s the point??? At my gear lvl (purples, not found a gold gun yet nor an experimental), they are bullet sponges. So I spent an hour and a half of farming ammo and health to get 7 5.56 bullets and 200-300 xp. All the lvl 4 rivals I’ve killed have this kind of drop for me since the update. 1item. Usually ammo for guns I don’t use.
I started playing the day the Jan update dropped (Jan 28 I think) and still no better then purple guns. For me, they broke the game with the Feb update. Before I had no problems. Since then, fell thru world 4 times, game crashes every 30- 45 mins, lagging really bad in high activity places, hunters spawning in houses and barns, runners spawning inside buildings right behind me.
The game was great for me prior to Feb update, now it has become a bugged grind. They need to fix the drops for EVERYTHING!!!
Oh and when I took on that rival, all of the sudden 8 hunters appear, 4 apoc 4 military. And I don’t know how many dogs…had to take them out first cause the flamethrower extends to you no matter how far away you are and their bullets go thru walls and most barriers. The rival was running around like a lunatic, wouldn’t stop long enough to get a shot in till all the others were dead. Then he just stood there. Till I killed him.

2 Likes

My point exactly. :+1:

5 Likes

@hulyn
MIGHT be a complaining RNGesus…
MIGHT just as well a wrong playing out rebalance issue…

I’m sorry, still, sir.

1 Like

OMG! I’m so stupid!
I totally forgot about this:

Restricted Experimental Weapons to only drop to players who are level 25 and above.

My current new character is level 20 at the moment :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@0L0
And still, you’re not even remotely in my shadow, when it comes to stupidity. XD
Race ya… ROFL

2 Likes

Yeah I had a similar scenario what started as a rival harvester and a apocalypse tank suddenly 8 hunters turn up and god knows how many dogs and after it all using at least 20 rpgs 15 grenades and probably 40 rounds of the 50 cal. and possibly 800 smg rounds what I got in return was sad.

SAD I tell you.

3 Likes

If you do vanilla main missions, especially the last ones, you will get at least 4x 5* (golden) weapons if you pick them up. Those four include: m/49, Glock, HP5 and AI-76. There’s also known spawn point of 5* .44 Magnum.

Though, another way of getting weapons is player trade. For example, if you’re on PC, i have 6* 12G shotty and 6* Kpist to give away. Got some 5* weapons as well if you’re interested.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t give a 6* 12G pump gun to my worst enemy! I still have a bit of decency :smile:

3 Likes

Black Hole acts up…
Please elaborate on this, sir… I missed the pun I fear… :frowning:

While back I got this large pot with medication for senility…
8 hours later… it was empty…
Kept forgetting I took one already. XD :stuck_out_tongue:
Black Hole… XD

2 Likes

Let’s just say that the 6* 12G and me got off on a very wrong foot. I still haven’t understood its justification. I think it would be unfair to give it as a gift :wink:

Edit: Oh, it was a cheeky answer to @Aesyle in case you missed it :blush:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Well, it isn’t just empty 6* 12G shotty that i have. It also comes with:
5* shotgun choke
4* 2-4x shotgun scope
60x rounds of buckshot

Just assemble it and start shooting. :wink:

Though, out of all experimentals it is the worst. But then again, if player’s playstyle is up-close and personal (as most shotgun users are), it isn’t that bad of a weapon. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I took it out again on Himfjäll for a while but I couldn’t find my way around it. It looks spectacular using flechettes but the damage doesn’t really kick in IMHO. I like the 5* version better. Wouldn’t know what to do without my 6* PVG though.

1 Like

I use Shotty only for ticks in bunkers, IF I happen to have one on me… :slight_smile:

And ammo… XD
No use without that.
Seems it does not really eat 7.62mm…

2 Likes

I gotta character full of A1-76 twisted fire starters ’ Rip’ . Aye i named a gun after a great tune … Now i would’nt mind a bit of Dual wield with them ’ :thinking: hmm , Devs :+1: please

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong. Not complaining, just telling my experiences since the Feb update. I am a !ittle peeved about the 1 item loot boxes/robots. Having to run 3 bunkers and more to get ammo and health is a bit grindy. It was not like this before.
I really enjoyed the game pre Feb update. I like the fights with 8-12 hunters, multiple dogs, 2 tanks and harvester. Just please give me the stuff I need in a reasonable time. And how they started appearing inside with me is just not fair!!! Since when can these robots teleport???
To answer my own question, since the Feb update…

2 Likes