Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch

We have already addressed the devs comments and it’s still to low drop rate for this game in its current state

And they are basically saying they don’t know shit about the algorithm behind the drop. Sure it’s random but it’s always counted on percentage. Obviously they haven’t tested the drops at all.

Like me and several others in this thread have the feeling that it’s not even worth killing after over maybe a 50+ lvl 4 rivals and zero drops and I’m not only talking about 6* weapons, haven’t even seen a kvm59 on drop.

2 Likes

Well, Graham does give hope of possible coming of “Bad Luck Protection system” so people would be getting weapon drops after X amount of kills.

Oh, the last link i gave is another dev stream, newer to the one i posted earlier.

But is a fail safe the way to go instead of building it properly?

Obviously it ain’t working as intended.

1 Like

I’m not part of the Avalanche Studios team to answer that.

I believe there are good reasons why to do it this way.

1 Like

Bit of a harsh assumption, isn’t it? Balancing weapons and gear, droprates and such is always difficult to get right. It often takes time to find a solution that appeals to many players at once.

1 Like

Maybe it was a bit harsh, I apologize for that.
The thing is I just want to make this game more playable. It has all the potential but lacks small things that just annoying.

I hope in someway that until next patch or next team Letter this issue or quality of life gets at least talked about

2 Likes

In the grand scheme of the game, no, it is not too low.
Machines just fail to kill, be tactical, or in many a case even NOTICE you.
Balance is gone, this drop rate fixes it… just a tiny tiny bit…

Do note: it’s RNG: some get it DARN fast (like me), some then… well…
Just accept your bad RNG, sir, we all have too.
OR… ask a weapon from a fellow player.

I agree!
Also, folks don’t take in account, seems, that the whole thing is… RNG…
And RNGesus can be a wee prick!

Welcome to Earth, where annoying is a constant in a life. :wink:

1 Like

The question is did you get the drops before January patch or before? Because sure, before the last major patch, I got tons of loot.

I´m aware of the difficulties with the balance I self work with simular tasks but in another area.
But still testing is a key fact and it’s not the first time devs changes drop rates to “balance” or create an illusion of more gameplay without really thinking about the whole picture and the current state of the game

2 Likes

That’s your opinion, noted.

What my opinion is on the matter is no secret - the droprate is too low, even in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it’s yet another reason why I’ve seen an influx of item dupers the last few days (you know, some won’t even hide their shady business).

3 Likes

See, this right here.
I told Avalanche to make a tester team, where folks would actively hunt down bugs, and report this.
I also told them, it would be bloody interesting and wise investment to make an ingame bug report system.
Sure, it would be quite an investment (time, resources), but if you make a DECENT bug report system (which takes basically an ingame ‘snapshot’ of both visual and sound, as well as a memory shot/CPU shot) it will massively help hunting down bugs…

This observation, sadly, is not mere opinion, but basic fact.
If you take a step back, you notice, that early “big game weapons” dropping simply screws the game over… BIG time…

And here then, we actually DO have opinion.
If some have their weapons too soon, what does that tell you?
Many said in the past, the drop rate just sucks, stuff drops FAR too easy.
Which contradicts your opinion.

Thing is: if RNG is not working with you along, it does feel, things are badly executed behind the screen, whether it be a bug, or just poor balance coding…

Maybe, but I really doubt that.
I think it is more a matter of people ‘demanding’ instant gratification.

Some in the past said the game is too bloody hard, even in full (4 player) team.
Now, let’s be honest, can we take these posts serious?

As for cheating… that again, is what supports my previous opinion (yes, not a fact here): people just want instant gratification.
I want to shoot a bot, it has to drop immediately, and give me preferably the whole weapon package with 500 HP and A-pens, because I do not want to spend time (or even energy) hunting my stuff down.
Perfect would be, that EVERYTHING would be in a box in the first house.
A pre-filled Plundra, so to speak…

Sadly… that just is bad, very bad for balance…

1 Like

But if there is an increase of cheaters it speaks clearly of an unbalanced drop algorithm…

So conclusion is that the entire “drop build” needs to be overlooked and we can only hope that the devs are seeing this as well.

1 Like

@Beomez
Not so…
You WANTING a weapon is not a reason to just GIVE it to you, as per your ‘demand’, is it?
As in so many games, it’s RNG, and thus a luck factor.
Which is the SAME for everyone…

2 Likes

Nah, can’t say that. It’s just my experience, and nothing can come out of that tbh - the cases are too few to make anything out of.

It may have been that way all along ever since people found out how to do it, and the sole reason I noticed it lately, is because of the “RNG”, as much in my case with the dupers as is the case with the RNG ingame when it comes to exp. weapons! :wink:

No, it’s not a fact!

Again, it’s an opinion amongst others! You base your view of the world (read: game) from your perspective, I view the world from mine. If you truly claim that your opinion is “the fact”, you’re out on thin ice. While you can find a whole bunch that agrees with your view, you can bet there are a whole bunch of other people that disagrees.

Not even the devs themselves can honestly say that this is a fact, because “things can and do change during development”.
At the moment, they thought this was the way to go. Perhaps it will last, perhaps it will change down the line, we’ll see.

It really doesn’t matter if “many” have said that the droprate sucks (meaning it was too easy) , since I’m pretty darn sure many have expressed the opposite - just not the vocal minority on this forum (because that’s what we are, you and I and other frequent posters on here - a small group of people who like to voice our opinions about this game).

Well, yes we can. Everyone is different. Do I agree with people claiming the game is too difficult? Absolutley not. That doesn’t say they have their full right to say and think so, and I’m not going to belittle them for it.

There is no absolute truth here!

2 Likes

So, balance is not a necessity?
Releasing weapons much sooner does not affect the game?

I did not mean nor try to belittle anyone, my apologies if it came across as such!

1 Like

Speaking of experimental weapons, i just got the Kpist.

I was testing out MP stability and there were 4x players in the game. I wasn’t host. Host was lvl30. We took down lvl1 proto tank rival and from it, i got the 6* Kpist.

As far as i can tell, experimental weapon drops are working fine, moreover since post February’s Hotfix, i’ve taken down in total of 4x rivals. 3x in my solo game and just now, the 4th one in MP.

1 Like

I´ve never said that its totally broken, and I actually got a 6* grg (sadly my third overall) just a few minutes ago! But the loot system regarding drops needs some polishing to get more balanced.

Does anyone know what the “area level” affects in terms of drop, rival spawn etc?

1 Like

Region score only affects chances of rival spawning. It doesn’t affect weapon drops.

In one of the older dev streams (when Rivals feature just came), devs said that in order to have any proper chance for Rival spawning in, region level should be at least 10.

1 Like

You got lucky, and from that you say it’s working fine? I think not.

I’m closing in on 70+ downed rivals since the patch, and not a single drop. Working fine? Really? I don’t think so. I really don’t think so. Now I already got all experimentals for my three characters. That’s beside the point though. (And don’t get me started on the LMGs, the droprate for them are even worse. The best I’ve got since the DLC got out is one 4 star KVM59. ONE.)

I’ve been playing games where the devs thought it was a good decision to put incredible grind in to artificially try and extend gameplay (for example, used to play Vanguard Saga of Heroes mmo, where the devs in their wisdom decided to try and extend the gameplay when going from level 50 to level 55 by an INSANE amount of XP grind. That didn’t land well, and a huge bunch of players left the game. Didn’t take long after that before it was time for sunset for that game).

Imho artifical roadblocks like these are NOT in the best interest for any game, unless you only want to cater for a handful of extreme hardcore players. If that’s your target audience, don’t expect to make a lot of money out of your game.

The devs should trust in their product, and let the actual gameplay speak for itself. The gameplay is the thing that should make your players want to come back for more, not grinding to find the best gear available.

4 Likes

It’s not only me who got 6* weapon post hotfix. Beomez above my reply also got 6* m/49 around the same time. So, my guess: RNG.

Btw, you’ve had more luck with LMGs than i have. Without taking account of known weapon spawn locations, i’ve only gotten one 3* KVM 89 from random drop. And that’s it.

Though i do agree about the grind. Moreover so because in the early days, there was very little if any grind at all. Every FNIX tank you took down had a guaranteed 5* weapon in it and sometimes 5* mod as well. Back then, it was just matter of few kills to get the weapon you wanted.

But since most players weren’t happy with the machine loot table, namely the little amount of ammo they gave, devs overhauled the machine loot table in June’s Update and brought Machine Loot into the game, which also brought the grind into the game.

I’d rather have very hard time through the game with guaranteed prize at the end (launch day) rather than breeze through the game and grind at the end (current state). But my preference is minority and i have to accept what majority wants.

3 Likes

Drops suck, said a billion times now.
Here might be a solution?

1 Like