Experimental Weapon drops, when and how after January patch

Yeah, and none of the others even had the courtesy to give me a hint about it! :roll_eyes:
I didn’t even think about it as I kept leveling up… what a dumbass! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just did this too, :face_with_hand_over_mouth: How much loot did I lose :scream::sob:we killed like 30 rivals :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Brother i did the same damn thing b4 I realized it, I had taken down 3 level 4 harv. Sucks

2 Likes

I think there needs to be a reminder somewhere or somehow saying you must be level 25 to get exp weps

1 Like

It sure is easy to forget when switching between characters! :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah it really is maybe when we go on our characters and it shows levels and xp maybe a reminder saying cannot get experimental weps or can get exp weps

1 Like

Are yoy at least level 25

1 Like

I fell like ever since you guys “fixed” the chances for experimental weapons I haven’t been getting any! it may have been better with the old system if I am honest I mean, like I have killed 20 rivals mostly level five and the only thing I have ever gotten is clothes! it’s ridiculous and because my old save was completely trashed I have none and never will for a long time if ever with the drop rates! please fix.

1 Like

In one of the dev streams, it was asked about the weapon RNG drop rate. Devs answer is at 00:52:28,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/550826095?filter=archives&sort=time

1 Like

New to the forum, so late reply here. This is just speculation from personal experience, idk if it has been discussed elsewhere in the forum.
It seems more likely to get an experimental drop when you’re in someone else’s game. I was playing with a lvl 4 new guy, killed a level 2 prototype hunter, and got the experimental AG4. Myself and a different friend just went on a hunting trip in my world, killing 12-15 lvl 4 rivals, mostly tanks. Out of this trip, he got the pvg-90 AND the lmg, while the best drop I got was a 3 crown pants schematic. All of the other rivals dropped completely normal or complete crap loot for me. Not complaining, the work paid off for the party :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

2 Likes

Yep this happens to me as well. I’ve been in other people’s game and get experimental weapons while they do not and vice versa. We finally decided just to share each others weapon drops. It’s weird. It shouldn’t work like this but it’s the only work around we’ve got at the moment. Works best with at least 3 players, seems to increase your teams chances of at least one good weapon drop. Word of advise though, play with people you know so they don’t cut and run with every ones hard work. Haven’t had this happen to me personally, everyone I’ve come across has been pretty descent but you will get the occasional troll that will come in and start farming your rivals.

2 Likes

So is it correct that after the november update, some experimental weapons only drop from the Reaper Rival? Or do they still drop from all high level rivals? I’m specifically wondering about Exp. Sledgehammer and Exp. PVG 90. Hope someone can confirm what’s the case here. Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Correct me if I’m am wrong, but the exp sledge only drops from the Reaper, all the other weapons drop from regular rivals, a got a bunch of the exp weapons inc 2 x exp PVG 50 from the regular rivals, I’m playing on PS4 if that matters.

I hope that’s the case, and this is how it has been up until now at least. It’s just because the fandom.com wiki states that exp. PVG drops from reaper, but I know that up until now it dropped from any rival. The wiki might very well be wrong on this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Weapon and all attachments disappeared

I have gotten experimental PVG drops from both Rivals and Reapers. My limited experience suggests higher chance from Rivals. I believe the wiki is currently correct.

I would like to add this. My character is a level 14, I joined a random lobby to mess around and they had The Reaper spawned. We killed it and I got 3 experimental weapons from it. So not impossible under 25, but very difficult

Hmm… Actually, I hosted a MP session a while ago. I was using a lvl. 18 character, but still we spawned 3 Reapers and I got exp. weapons from 2 of them! I didn’t think of it until afterwards, but this shouldn’t be possible, right? :thinking:

Sounds strange. Are you above level 25?