Falling Through the Ground

See the Map, just fell through, had to fast travel away twice to get back to solid ground

see the red arrow, it was along this route somewhere

Reply moved to proper topic.

//Mod

Playing solo, guerrilla mode and when I stepped out of the safe house at Hjalmars Stuga, I kept falling, repeatedly. I was finally able to access the map and fast travel to Jagarstuugan but the same thing happened. I was again able to fast travel to another safe house [airport] and it seemed ok but by that time I’d had enough. The rips in the map take the fun out of the game.

On a similar note, this happened to my buddy & I last night, playing coop, adventure mode. Each of us experienced the map rips at different locations, multiple times. We hope you are able to find a fix, to keep the game playable & fun. Cheers

I’ve had this once too, but what I found it to fix itself is if you were in a forest and spawned on a solid rock. The rock pushed me away and fixed the issue. I think at one point the game miscalculates your height to the map when going between each piece of grid. It’s not all one big map, as it’s split in chunks, so I feel the culprit is your transition between the grids and miscalculation at he same time…

Since there is a function to respawn the player back on the top of the map if they fall off, maybe it’s an option to raise that respawn up a few units above ground. If it was that simple, it’d be fixed though.

EDIT: Still, restart the game and it fixes itself… Takes me 1 whole minute to relaunch

Relevant topics merged. The general workaround for the issue right now is to quit the game and restart.

@Admiralgamer feel free to flag the post for moderator action next time, instead of just posting meaningless off-topic. It makes our job easier.

//Mod

1 Like

Machines fall too:

If you were near a Rival when this happened than you can say a quick bye bye.

1 Like

I encountered this bug moreoften lately, too, on different locations and occasions.

“Fun” fact about falling machines, it seems to have killed two of my rivals.

Fast travelled to a safe house, heard a distant boom and got the message “xxx” killed by player, a nearby rival (hunters each) had diseased. And when I stepped out to try to find the remains the falling started.
I got this two times until now. But I didn’t notice the connection between rival-death and falling through the map on the first incident.

Finally a screenshot of what’s going on - I reported this some time ago, but never got any reaction to it. Falling through the earth

I was at the safehouse at -1923.899 -3868.379 opened my map and fell through the map until I fast traveled to a place with other surfaces under me. Ended up quitting to main menu to fiximage

This is a known issue. Merged with relevant topic.

//Mod

In the bottom picture where I have circled somewhere in that area I was running towards the town and I fell Through the map. After fast traveling to the nearby safe house I couldn’t get back to the area because I kept falling through still shown on the top picture.

NEARBY SAFEHOUSE

LOC

Reply moved to proper topic.

//Mod

Platform: PC

Description: Fast traveled to the safehouse in Hastvik and ran out the right barn door

Steps To Reproduce: Unsure, though I fast traveled to get out of the portal style freefall over and over, and ran out the same door and it happened again.

Images / Videos: https://imgur.com/a/IKxpzoc - map location
https://imgur.com/a/GS3Ys5D - video of it happening

Host or Client: game is set to anyone can join, but no one was in the game but me

Players in your game: myself

Specifications:
intel I7-6700K
cpu@4.00GHz
installed ram 16.0

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

I thought this was fixed? Also, this is my second Xbox account since my main account crashes on startup every time i try and play on it. Really hope it gets fixed soon because i have all safehouses unlocked and about 2-3 of every 5 crown gun. took me a while to build all of that up :sweat_smile:image

Same issue topics merged.

Also, do note that falling through world map isn’t only issue of GZ but with all 3D games and it is impossible to fix this kind of issue. Further info and why it can be fixed, is seen from the video in 10th reply in this topic (direct link: Falling Through the Ground).

//Mod

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, that’s stretching it a bit. It depends on the game engine.

1 Like

Actually, no.

CPU, while very accurate at making calculations, is not 100% perfect. Same goes to the Apex Engine. And that tiny amount of imperfection in the hardware and software, is what causes this to happen.

You may invest loads of money and time to perfect the Apex Engine, where each minute step (code perfection) is a lot harder than the last one (e.g from 99.996% accuracy to 99.997% accuracy) but in the end code can’t be made 100% accurate.

Even if, somehow (in a perfect world), you can perfect the code to 100%, it still doesn’t fix the issue since the code doesn’t run on 100% accurate hardware (CPU). Perfecting a CPU is A LOT harder, costly and time consuming thing to do than perfecting the code.

But let’s say, that in a perfect world, CPU is also made 100% accurate. Thing is, to get it at that point, there have been a lot of resources spent on making perfect hardware, that the end cost for the consumer is so high, that no average consumer can ever afford it. Presenting a question: To whom the 100% accurate CPU is for?

Supercomputer? Perhaps. However, this doesn’t solve the consumer’s issue of falling through the map, even IF there would be 100% accurate hardware and software in existence.

I believe it can be corrected, but it’s probably difficult to do it and takes time.

The Hunter: Call of the Wild runs on the exact same engine, and simply does not have this issue.
I’ve clocked almost 250 hours into it now and I’ve not seen it happen once, so something can be done.
Question is what, and how.

It can be reduced, yes, but it can’t be completely eliminated.

Rather than asking what and how to do it, better question would be: Is it worthwhile to spend time and resources on a bug that happens rarely and doesn’t break the game OR is it better to address more severe issues instead (e.g save file corruption)?