Falling Through the Ground

New, updated video recorded just a few days after the April Update.

1 Like

Around the safehouse at Lyesnamn, multiple clipping where you leave the safehouse and drop straight through the map, location as per attached, any door you exit out of.

Xbox. Infinite waterhole in one of these puddles.

Also, I cant take any screenshots or record anyting in this game on my xbox.

Couldn’t find it again sice it’s under grass, but i fell trough somewhere in here on PC

1 Like

Several replies moved into correct topic + corrected topic title a bit.

//Mod

Merged threads. Search next time, this is a known issue.

//Mod

This bug is one of the most common type of bugs across most types of games and its there because of how a virtual world is being programmed.

In short, its a collision detection that fails and the ground is a infinitely thin slice of texture.

Youtube Video explaining this phenomenon

As a side-note: i would wish for a ground collision detector that returns actual numbers instead of a “yes/no” binary answer, so that if a player would step through the ground, a negative number would be returned, making it possible for the game to “flip gravity” for the player until the number becomes positive. Then a failed ground collision detection wouldn’t allow players to fall through the map, but only “step into a deep puddle of nothing” before bouncing back up and continue playing.

Repeatedly falling through the ground - side issue. I can now say with certainty that the issue also affects NPCs.

• I first encountered the problem when I tried the side mission with the destroyed truck near Arkelstorp Lighthouse. I was approaching the big bot that needs to be destroyed, repeatedly fell through the floor, and the ‘mission accomplished’ popup told me the bot was destroyed.
  • Right now, I was trying to get to a rival, started to fall, ‘rival destroyed’ message popped. I was at least 1 km away at the time, so I presume the effect has a certain radius and affects rivals, but not necessarily generic bots. Both bots were somewhat close to water, which might also influence this issue.

It fixed itself (for now) after I closed the game, and rebooted it. But I don’t know how common this is?!

Topics merged. Please use the search function next time.

This is an issue relating to the game engine, possibly physics engine as well. It’s proven difficult to fix.

//Mod

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bjornet Hotel 3rd floor bug

Good evening! I am having a problem, today (01/06/20), I have suffered with a bug. The character simply started falling straight into the water. The character always crosses the floor and falls into the water … I wanted a solution! Thank you very much in advance!Generation%20Zero%202020-06-01%2019-13-05_Moment(2) Generation%20Zero%202020-06-01%2019-13-05_Moment(3) Generation%20Zero%202020-06-01%2019-13-05_Moment

Reply moved to the proper topic.

//Mod

Happens here:

Hi all,

I was heading west from the safehouse. Just before the ground mounted turret I fell thru the ground :slight_smile:

20200624203411_1 20200624203419_1

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

I do not know if a subject exists, I did not come across it. So at the moment I was treated to a slightly bizarre bug that fell to infinity, more fear than harm but here I prefer to report it in case.

I managed to find a platform then quit the game and come back for the moment the bug has not returned, I crossed my fingers

the phenomenon started when I teleported from Point 1 to point 2 to recover an item to collect for an obscure reason it has never done it to me before

Sans%20titre
Specification%20Windows

this bug is explained in the tenth post in the topic ive linked to.

Merged topics about the issue.

//Mod