Falling Through the Ground

There is already a topic for this issue. It can be found here.

Another merge.

//Mod

Open the map, fast travel to Yttervik (might need to open the map a couple of times between falls). 9 times out of 10 this fixes it for me without restarting the game.

1 Like

So I was at the light house safe house at Hisingafyren and went down to destroy the FNIX ground nodes at the Hisings Ferry pier, after blowing them all up, I fast travelled over to the camp safe house just along the same shore line. When there, it didn’t spawn me into the safe house but underneath it and the game kept crashing and throwing me through the map as if the ground wasn’t generated properly to be a solid state. It was a never ending cycle, I managed to fast travel to another location only to when leaving the safe house have the outside ground not be solid and I fell straight through. It’s as if I’m playing “the floor is lava” and I cannot walk anywhere but in a safe house as the ground , fields, roads are there but aren’t physically there to walk on as you just endlessly fall through. Can anyone suggest a way to fix this bug please, as the game is now unplayable even after closing down the game and refreshing it completely. Thanks

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

While riding the bike, It jumped like typical going up a hill, instead it hit through the map. Then It retained this break for awhile I grabbed up the recorder to show what happen for a bit. Then went to the area the map terrain might be wonky.

From my speculations the bike can slip through some places under the map and then make the dirt/grass zone mesh not detect collision. After awhile did fix, Also…seems it affected my shotgun ADS to bloch my screen? So it’s 2 bugs in 1.

Reply moved to proper topic.

//Mod

On PC
Issue: Falling through ground around the area of the line on the map. Tried different paths coming from the lighthouse at the end of the peninsula. Happened just past farm, along the road and at the position marked on the map. Respawned in the same location each time and fell through the ground over and over, had to exit the game completely each time. Currently I am using the latest version of the game without the 2 quest DLC’s. Recent reinstall, have been through this area before with the DLC’s installed and had no issues. I also had no issues going out to the lighthouse.
Was playing solo
PC is an Intel i5-9600k @ 3.7 Ghz, 16GB ram, GPU is AMD RX 590 w/ 8GB ram

Merged with main topic.

//Mod

New east farm lands terrain hole, location and map are in the vid.

Platform PC

Please note that at the time of posting this YouTube is processing the HD Version!

Not a Terrain Hole, this is a separate issue. I’ve merged this with the main topic.
Best solution if this happens is to quit to restart the session.

//Mod

I experienced falling trough the map on 2 locations.
Iboholmen castle, and infront of the watchtower on Sodra Saltholmen.
Is it possible this occured because of the new update?

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Hardly.

Here’s a nice video explaining this bug, if you or anyone else want to know why it happens:

I had a sort of falling thru the ground experience the day before feb update. Got tackled from behind by a runner and when i fell to the ground my character ended up below the surface for a few moments. It was during a reaper fight.

Can anyone actually explain why this happens at all, because this happened in FH4 which is 10x the size of Avalanche.

Check the video that i posted 2 replies above.

But in a nutshell: no code is 100% perfect and no hardware is 100% perfect. And when game basically asks: “is there a collision?”, the error is generated that says “no”, and it results you falling through the ground.

Outstanding thank you as always

1 Like

Platform: PC

Description: Falling through the ground whilst riding a bike

Steps To Reproduce: I just drove the bike on the road, I open my map in the video, after trying to reproduce it failed.
Images / Videos: Video of the bug

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Single

Specifications: GeForce GTx 1660 Gaming X, AMD Ryzen 5 2600X.

I have also had the issue of just falling through the ground. I fast traveled to another location and as soon as I stepped out of the building, I started falling again. This was a completely different location. I exited the game, came back in, rode the bike and fell through a hole at the same place. I marked the location on my map.

Platform: PC
Description: Got on bike at the lighthouse fast travel point in the Archipelago region and pedaled up the road on the left side. After the turn off to the town on the left I fell through a hole into the ocean and died. Using adrenaline, came back to life and continued to fall through the hole. Fast traveled to the spot near the lighthouse, stored my inventory and stepped out of the fast travel building and started falling again…
Steps To Reproduce: Did the same thing as above and the error was the same.
Images / Videos: Attached
Host or Client: Host
Players in your game: 1
Specifications: i7-8700K CPU @ 3.7GHz., 32GB RAM, 64-bit WIN10 OS, 1 TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Reply moved to proper topic.

//Mod