Faulty Enemy AI

I have seen it reported that at times in multiplayer some machines are invisible to some players but not the rest. Invisible Harvester

is it possible that this is somehow connected? the machines attacking houses are seeing players that we don’t see

1 Like

I’ve gotten word that the devs are aware of this issue and are looking into it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i don’t know if its a bug, but on a few occasions ive just walked into a town, just to be greeted by a tank charging straight at me from the other side of the village, rocket pods blazing while in full sprint. makes me feel unwelcome there…

2 Likes

Came across new bug, probably relating to this faulty enemy AI bug.
Endless spawns of ticks from dead FNIX hunter, all ticks attacked that dead hunter or each others. Or any other robot which came to their range.

I haven’t seen that (yet). Would be interesting to see what happens if you throw an EMP device or blow up a gas canister or something. :slight_smile:

I did see another Seeker bleeping at a considerable distance away from me. Same story as before. No movement and no response from other machines.

I have also seen a Hunter releasing Ticks which attacked the house the Hunter was shooting at:

And a Harvester that could not get out of defensive mode after I fired a rocket at it quite some time before. It kept doing that until I killed it:

The “weirdest” thing I’ve seen was a Runner sprinting past me and vanishing right in front of me at a distance of maybe 4 meters. From one frame to the next, just gone. Too bad the game crashed shortly after and I lost yet another recording. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No crash here on PC when fast traveling to Safehouse - Dyvik.

1 Like

I encountered a similar bug with a FNIX harvester. My computer did not like what it was doing.
It spread ticks everywhere, even meters/kilometers away from the machine.

Short clip from the harvester (sorry for the lag in the begining, computer trying to cope with this bug):

Rats leaving the sinking ship?

2 Likes

The first time I played the game I was in one of the towns trying to kill a tank that kept dropping ticks. I finally moved to another house and killed the tank. This house had a back door with the large single pane window. Looking out the window I could see a number of ticks. I opened the door and through a flare. The next thing I see is a whole mass of ticks headed my way. I finally managed to get the door closed, one tick did get inside. When the ticks blew up I counted at least 70 ticks. They didn’t disappear like they do now.

I’m gonna resurrect this one. If a moderator thinks it should be in a separate topic then please do split it.

Platform: PC

Description: When engaging large numbers of machines they sometimes just stop, stand in place, track me, and occasionally perform a melee attack. Ticks are deployed as usual.
Breaking the line of sight seems to fix it.

Steps To Reproduce: I’ve reproduced this at least 2 times at F23 Överby Air Base, so I suggest placing some lures there and wait for a party to start.

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: i7 10700K, 32G RAM, GTX 1070

Hey,

What difficulty setting are you playing on? Have you tried changing it and seeing if that makes the AI change in any way?

+1 on what @0L0 reported.
When fighting big groups of Hunters, only a few will attack at once. The rest stand by, waiting for their turn. It can seem like whenever I take down one of the attacking Hunters, one of the idle ones immediately step in and attack. Almost like they have a rule of how many can engage at the same time.
(Skirmish difficulty on my part.)

I play on skirmish difficulty setting. I’ll check and see on others.

OK, I tried on adventure, but had no luck finding some reasonable quantity of machines in one spot.
On guerilla I did manage to trigger it, but with handful of machines:

At the end of the video one tank started shooting, but after that runners were still standing in place with occasional headbutt.

I think that it has something to do with tanks behaviour seen here:

This usually happens when there are two close to each other.

Maybe this has a bad influence on smaller machines :wink:

Harvesters trigger it too: