Favorite place in Generation Zero?

Hello everyone. I was reading the forums for a while and I kinda got curious if the people playing the game has a favorite region they like to farm in or a favorite town/place in GZ? It is such a beautiful game, so many places to explore. I am not quite sure what my favorite would be, but I love it on Himfjall and I also quite like it in the south region.

Took this picture a while ago. Looking forward to hear about your favorite spots peeps!

1 Like

Simply put, miss… all of it.
Each place has its own feeling, which I love…
No preferences but the whole, for me, miss…

1 Like

I do have to say I agree with Xogroroth on this topic…and given that I have not seen any one place that is better than another in general terms and all seem to offer advantages.

…plus I enjoy the variation as I move through the different areas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally get it, Telpereon. It’s just an amazing looking game overall

2 Likes

I agree with the above, but as eager peak chaser in real life I like to climb those mountains and just sit down on the edge of the cliff and watch the sunrise/sunset on Skåleberget/Rusaberget, so I will pick those placera as favourites😊

2 Likes

Naturally every region has its charms, but I Like the Archipelago region most, because this region is packed with things to discover.

2 Likes

That is interesting! I will check that spot out :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely a great region with great things to discover!

1 Like

Cool. So I guess you also climbed the stairs to heaven on one of those mountain peeks?

1 Like

I’m now searching for, and making photos of WW2 type bunkers which you can find plenty in Archipelago, but until now I only found one in one of the other regions. They can be there though, but I haven’t seen them yet.

2 Likes

Dude that’s awesome. I’ll be on the lookout.

1 Like

I have plenty of favorite spots in GZ, for different reasons:

• Skvadern Command Bunker (Marshlands) - my HQ (headquarters)

Skvadern is my spot where i always Fast Travel, before quitting the game. It is also one of the best late-game looting spots since the living quarters are closest to the safehouse spawn. And i also love that when i go outside, i can close the main gates, so no machine can enter the immediate entrance of the bunker.

• Kaptensvillan safehouse (Forest) - my recycle/crafting spot

Best safehouse in the game where all three: Plundra, Recycling Station and Crafting Station are in one room, same room where you spawn in. Also, the view outside is nice to look upon.

• Österviks Industriomrade (Farmlands) - my go-to looting spot for 7.62mm and 9mm SMG ammo

It’s the biggest POI in the game and if you hit all the warehouses and sea cans (shipping containers), you’ll get a ton of loot. Moreover, it’s mainly fenced in, giving machines only 2x entry points. Also, recycle/crafting stations are in the safehouse as well.
Nyhamnen (South of Kaptensvillan) is also good since it has the same sea cans that you can loot but due to the poor placement of the boxes in them, many of them you can’t get access to.

• Hammarbodarna safehouse (Himfjäll) - nice view

• Yttervik safehouse (Archipelago) - nice view, especially from the top of the house

• Tärnboda skans lighthouse (Himfjäll) - my go-to spot for sniping Apo machines

After completing Make Some Noise mission, Apo machines are drawn to Tärnboda skans and this gives me great spot from where to snipe them all.

• Björkvillan (Mountains) - my home
3x screenshots

Best looking house in entire game, both outside and inside. Also in a secluded spot, just the way i like it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’d love to live in a such house, with small exception of not having so many doors going outside.
My hope is that once the Mountains region revamp comes, the Björkvillan remains as it currently is, without being scorched down.

2 Likes

We fell in love directly when we approached the safehouse at -5325.7, 1042.1 (south of Muskudden port, sorry, no screenshot). It’s simply beautiful - the house, the surroundings, the steps down to the sea - and particularly the view from balcony over the sea when there’s a sunny day outside…

2 Likes

One of my favorite spots in gz is the safehouse at Brevikens Camping. A small island with a tent, and lean-to.

4 Likes

Thanks for the indepth comment, Aesyle. I agree that it is one of the best houses. It looks amazing, and I agree with you. I could totally live like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It really is something that view! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is beautiful. Looks so peaceful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks way better when it is sunny in-game.

2 Likes

It makes a world of difference. It definietly looks it’s best when it’s sunny. ! :sunny:

1 Like

It’s really hard to pick one. All the locations are charming in their own way. Maybe I’ll say the Mountains region and the area around Klinte is my favorite, if I have to pick one.
I also found a lot of inspiration in that area when I wrote a short story a while back. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes