Favorite place in Generation Zero?

Thanks for the indepth comment, Aesyle. I agree that it is one of the best houses. It looks amazing, and I agree with you. I could totally live like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It really is something that view! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is beautiful. Looks so peaceful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks way better when it is sunny in-game.

2 Likes

It makes a world of difference. It definietly looks it’s best when it’s sunny. ! :sunny:

1 Like

It’s really hard to pick one. All the locations are charming in their own way. Maybe I’ll say the Mountains region and the area around Klinte is my favorite, if I have to pick one.
I also found a lot of inspiration in that area when I wrote a short story a while back. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This place has a special place in my heart in GZ.
I’m heavily interested in paranormal things in games, movies, literature and in real life, so places like this are just golden!

2 Likes

Definitely sitting on the mountain overlooking the country side below and using the binoculars to look at the occasional robot herd walking by. It almost gives you a sense of being more powerful than all of them put together since they are all beneath you and all look so tiny. It is a peaceful yet disturbing moment knowing you could stay on the mountain indefinitely to avoid most of the robots yet seeing the inevitable fight you will need to survive below.

2 Likes

The Närkudden Homestead, on the farthest western shore of Östertörn. There are never any enemies there, and the weather is often rainy, which feels soothing to listen to as it hammers against the windows.
Good place to retire to, and it’s fairly close to the Muskudden Naval Base, for restocking supplies.

3 Likes

Yeah, + 1 on Närkudden. That’s a very nice place. The view and the sunsets are beautiful. :slight_smile:

The campsite on top of the cliff, overlooking the town of Östervik is also an awesome spot. Too bad you can’t see many machines from up there. It would have made one heck of a snipers hide if you did! :wink:

3 Likes

Home sweet home

2 Likes

Since I’m more of a combat focused player I prefer the giant military airport runway (yes I forget the name :rofl:) because there are lots of tank spawns. BUT at night the ambience plus the tanks create a really cool environment.

3 Likes

where abouts is that it sounds like my kind of place :blush:

1 Like

Yes it’s the perfect place if you want to practice taking down harvesters or tanks. It’s called F23 Overby

2 Likes

Darn, Ichi, that question really brings me into a dilemma. There are so many memorable and beautiful places.
As I love to go skiing, ofc I like Himfjäll. Relaxing and having a drink in Björtunet’s bar (Aprés Ski) , what more can one wish for - Per-Erik does a good job there.
I also like the open spaces of the Farmlands. Sitting under a tree on a mound and watching the Harvesters passing by on the open fields.
And everything that has to do with sea - Lighthouses especially.

3 Likes

Ikr? So many beautiful places. I can’t really pick one myself but I really like the starter area actually. Great pictures btw. Hope you are doing well mate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are so many! This one is my character’s humble abode! I call dibs!

3 Likes

That’s my Winter retreat. I’d love a safe house there.

1 Like

This is a screenshot of my favourite place in-game. The location itself in-game is Kungsgården and is part of the main quest, as it is Svante von Ulmer’s house.

I like the place because it’s so scenic and is very peaceful; there are never any machines here and you can just relax.

I’m using it as my character’s family home and her personal HQ during the events of the game. Now, my character is not related to Svante von Ulmer. In-character her family home is another place entirely, called Heillheim. It just happens to be a similar house located at a different yet similar lake in the same region of Östertörn. The name Heillheim is derived from the Old Norse words heill and heimr.

I also like the mountain wilderness camp/safehouses you can find around the map, here are two screenshots from my two favourite ones:

4 Likes

If Kungsgården does get a touch-up (as the rest of the region’s getting revamped) I really hope they leave it largely as it is and perhaps, make the area a bit moody and/or spookier since it’s Von Ulmer’s residence, where everything began.

It adds to the atmosphere when you do the story mission, and for re-visiting the area afterwards.

1 Like