Feature Request: Melee Attack

(However it would better to see Avalanche resolve the numerous major bugs before looking into melee weaponry and related animations)

Maybe have an option to have a melee action that is connected to when holding a gun as something like this could be productive for breaking windows instead of consuming some of your ammo and it could come in handy for maybe breakable objects like planks which cover an open doorway

1 Like

In one of the latest dev streams, it was asked about adding melee attacks into the game. Devs answer is at 00:52:00,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/543626599?filter=archives&sort=time

1 Like

Would be nice to be able to pistol whip a tick flying at you .

1 Like

Yes, that is where I would see the melee action come in handy. It is almost impossible for me to hit an attacking tick and I claim it is because of the terrible wireless Xbox controller. I simply canā€™t aim fast enough.

1 Like

Let me kick open some doors and kick over that trash can just for fun. A kick and melee attack would be very helpful and just simple fun. At least give me something I can use to defend myself when machines charge me to knock me down. Sticks, bats, pipes, etc. Just a couple simple items I can swing and maybe throw too! Thanks for listening to my suggestion.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not asking for melee weapons like bats to be added, but kicking or swinging your equipped weapon at a tick would be nice. also a quick dodge so you can roll out of the way of attacks would help

Ticks, Ticks, Ticksā€¦they have put me down more than any other enemy. I had to kill 27 [twenty-seven] in a little bitty garage. Had 5 jumping on me at onceā€¦my wife closed the door to our den because of the blasphemy and cursing I was doing. Need the ability to swat the little buggers. Donā€™t worry, wonā€™t try swatting a Tank or Harvester, I promise.

Why is there no melee attack? I hate shooters that have no melee attackā€¦

It would be great if it could be addedā€¦?

Iā€™ve been thinking about this as well, although, I suppose one reason is because blades, that are cutting and stabbing tools, very seldom does damage to metal.
That said, what I figured was that you could have melee weapons like crowbars, hammers, sledge hammers and so forth, more aimed at crushing damage which would work against machines.

Even if you could just stun the smaller robots with the butt of your rifle!

would a melee animation be doable? like a push away with equipped weapon? so many times i have been like, a melee would be sweet right now. just an idea.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea, but I personally never felt the need of such, a flare or firework will distract the mechs attention, the hunters jump attack can be dodged by running towards them and a little bit to the side of the jump animation, works most of the time to me. Throwing an emp will also buy you valuable time if needed. But I donā€™t mind a melee attack if they decide to implement it in a future update :blush:

every time i run my clip empty, i get charged by a runner, it would be nice to have the mechanic there, just for a battle breatherā€¦

I always keep enough ammo in my inventory, but I see your point :wink:
Btw nice nickname, I was a huge Maiden fan back in the days, now my favourite band would be Vader (tecnical death metal) and fucking suits GZ when attacking mechs :metal:

1 Like

I think that if ever we will have melee in GZ it should be just a simple whack with a stock. Nothing more.

1 Like

thats what i think, just to give you a breatherā€¦

That would be great, discard the exp weapons and just roam around with a stickā€¦wowā€¦that would bring back the horror into this game :blush:

Whatā€™s a rifle butt going to do to a machine? You can cycle into them full-tilt, and theyā€™ll just look at you with scornā€¦

you can follow through with the rifle butt, to use their momentum against them. its not for damage, its for a chanceā€¦