Feature Request: Melee Attack

Crowbar! (A new Half-Life installment announced for 03-2020)

1 Like

alyx right? probably spelled it wrong…

When they jump, you can move out of the way… It takes them a moment to decide what to do next and you get a break there. Or a clear shot, or w/e.

No, you got it right alright :slightly_smiling_face:

What about a rifle stock attachment that creates a small EMP onto the hit enemy? It would need charges and so could not be used indefinitely. But it would help if you occasionally get cornered by multiple enemies and ran out of ammo.

Hi been playing gz for a few weeks now I’m hooked love the game…would love to know about future content looked everywhere cant find no info.

Also a feature I feel would be amazing would be some sort of melee or strike to counter the ticks jump attack

Great job with the game guys loving it keep up the good work

1 Like

There is a reason for that why there’s no info about what’s to come. It was explained by the devs in one of the dev streams, at 00:17:39,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/507764161?filter=archives&sort=time

As far as your melee suggestion, it has been asked before and devs response is at 00:52:00,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/543626599?filter=archives&sort=time

1 Like

Thanks for them answers

1 Like

It would be nice to have melee because if you run out of ammo in some situations you can use it and also with adding melee you can find melee weapons like a baseball bat or a knife or a chance when kill a hunter you can get it’s knife on its hand.
And were you could find more mellow weapons would be this dungbell swords outside bunker 666 or a police baton in a police car tell me if it would be cool. -LT_PIGEON

1 Like

Merged several topics asking for melee attack into one, neat topic.

//Mod

Posting withdrawn by author

1 Like

Melee ability with your weapon. No switching to another item or anything, mash a button and you have your Melee stun. Use your weapon stock and react to a tick’s lunge, potentially killing the tick or when a runner is charging up to you, to stun it. Simply use your gun to bash and buy you precious seconds from a direct enemy attack, unless the enemy is a bigger hunk of metal (Hunter/Tank/Harvester). Anything bigger and this should not be effective.

Simple, yet a really nice implementation and seemingly requested by many.

Posting withdrawn by author

I had a scientific idea for the hammer. the idea would be that when its over heated it does extra damage to the robots because computers and electronis work best if they are cool down but with the heat the computers and electronics for robots would slow them down.

I have a hammer idea too… we take a sledgehammer, a land mine, and we stick both together. It would be a one time use weapon, and after first hit it would become plain sledgehammer :crazy_face:

:joy::joy::joy: wow that sounds deadly, you would get one hit and goodbye to your health.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod