February Update - Patch Notes

Happy Fettisdagen everyone!

What’s that? Most of you don’t know what we’re talking about? Well that’s ok - what it really means for you is that with this update, we will be introducing you all to a new limited-time event where you’ll be able to get your hands on a new item: the much-loved semla! In-game, this food item will quickly restore a small amount of health. Grab them while you can as they’ll be available from 10:00 CET Tuesday, February 25 until 10:00 CET Monday, March 2!

In terms of other additions in this Update, you’ll see a change to the Alpine Unrest expansion - we’ve gone back and packed in a little bit more fun. There is a new Challenge Tree for expansion owners to work through, including some radical rewards in the form of musical emotes!

One improvement we’d like to call out is an effort to give the game a bit of animation polish by updating some of the animations for other players in multiplayer - most notably their idle and running animations. From now on you’ll see characters looking a bit less stiff and instead look more natural.

And like usual, below you can find a list of bug fixes, with some important crash fixes in there. As we’ve previously mentioned we’re digging more into crashes recently and are trying to address them as fast as we can. Currently we’re rolling out some new processes internally that should help us get a better picture of the situation so we can address things better. So please share as much detail with us as possible if you experience a crash!

Bug Fixes

UI

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the button for Hold Breath could not be re-mapped (PC only)
  • Fixed an issue where the interact prompt on Bikes was behaving oddly
  • Fixed an issue where another player’s Bike icon would appear in your HUD as yours
  • Fixed an issue where the some emotes incorrectly had the DLC icon tagged to them

Missions

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the Mission Flying Blind was unable to be completed due to the Mission Objective Ticks not being counted properly
  • Fixed an issue where the Mission Unorthodox Skiing could not be completed if you were playing in someone else’s game

Characters

• Fixed an issue where some emotes would appear broken in multiplayer if used while moving

Machines

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where Rivals would disappear from the game world / map even if the game said that some were available
  • [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the Rivals that disappeared could still level up but their name would not be shown

World

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where all gas pumps at gas stations were on fire, even if they hadn’t yet been blown up
  • Fixed an issue where a Hunter would sometimes spawn underneath the floor in the Överby Airbase Bunker
  • Fixed an issue where Ticks were spawning inside a barricaded cabin in Himfjäll
  • Fixed an issue where XP could incorrectly be rewarded for unlocking a Safehouse every time you joined a Multiplayer game
  • Fixed several instances of objects inadvertently floating
  • Fixed several instances of world terrain appearing inside buildings
  • Fixed several instances of world objects clipping into each other
  • Fixed a few instances of objects not having collision

Crashes

• Fixed an issue where the spawning of a Rival could cause the potential for a crash, increasing the chances with every newly spawned Rival (Xbox One & PS4 fix, hotfixed on PC previously)
  • Fixed an issue where fast travelling would cause a crash (PS4 issue only)
10 Likes

Technically, Fettisdagen is tomorrow. But, nice to see some patch notes! Looking forward to checking the update out as soon as I can :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Avalanche_Pontus ! Cool addition! Who should I bribe to make this permanent? :blush:

Please, not the “Magritte Rock”. PLEEEASE!!!

1 Like

Great stuff Genzero team :slight_smile: Very interested in how semla will function as a healing item, and what these new challenges will entail. Looking forward to when the update rolls out!

2 Likes

Hey Pontus,

When is this live, mate? It takes me so long to download and if I want to play I have to come back in the morning. On the other hand, if I download it in the morning, then I can play when I get home from work… :))

Likely tomorrow, from the looks of things :slight_smile:

Oh, well, I better leave Steam connected then. Perhaps it will have finished by the time I get home…

1 Like

I do like Bug fixes & understand the balance between new content & this. I get it I really do. But, please I beg you Developers test this new content to the max. WoTConsole has a Super Tester Program that really does work to get bug fixes & patches out days after an update for the most part. I hope that moving forward you will look into such a program for not just PC but for the console.
Thanks,
SPP

i hope this rival crashes are fixed as i have not been able to play solo for 3 months

1 Like

Hi! That’s certainly a nice goal for us to aspire to, but unfortunately not realistic at this time. The overhead involved in such a project isn’t possible for us at this stage I’m sorry to say (to put it into context, Wargaming has a circa. 4k employees). We of course though do what we can with the resources we CAN have though, and our closed beta testers do help us grab a lot of issues that never make it to live.

4 Likes

Update is now live at least on xbox and so far so good, lots of rivals and no crashes

2 Likes

IA seems better (I have a few days off, so I checked in on the update). Took on a tank, and usually when I find its blind spot from inside a building, it just stand there rather sheepish eating my bullets. Now it moves as a reaction to being hit, which requires me to work more on it. And runners seems to try to hide behind bushes or trees when being targeted. My first impression anyway. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for update 1.16 ps4 , installing update as i type , cheers @Avalanche_Pontus :+1:

1 Like

You won’t be disappointed my dude! The hunt for semla is a fun one, and the new emotes are stellar :smiley:

1 Like

Looking forward to the update and my sweet rolls. Gonna make it a GZ night. Anybody on pc know if they tweaked the MP crashes any?

I ate a cake i was 6 hp and nothing happened :upside_down_face: , oh well . Erm was hoping for a control pad deadzone option for left and right stick or something more useful than a cake :rofl:

I really like the burned houses:

But the location (in the middle of the field) is rather strange. Is it some development leftover?

2 Likes

i too but there is nothing in it, and i like that man can open the motor hood at every car, but i found there nothing. :grinning:

Just launched my game to see the February’s Updates and i absolutely LOVE the new musical emotes from Himfjäll challenges. :heart: They are SUPER AWESOME! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Question: Do FNIX hunters only drop magnum ammo as of this update? Earlier they dropped shotgun ammo as well, but just killed 4 and they all had magnum ammo and no shotgun ammo.