Firebird nerf maybe?

1. You can take Reapers (those huge robot tanks) out much more easily which makes them absurdly strong for flying machines.

Even pvg 90 AP rounds do next to nothing, it’s mg takes too long to destroy and when they fly higher to engage u can’t hit shit with worn weapons at least , my pvg 90 is 3 crown atm.

1. They follow you around half a day , like a modern MBT chasing down a lone soldier , it is rather silly.

U must prone all the time but from above prone just makes you a larger target, doesn’t make much sense. The rest of the machines can see you behind foliage this one can’t detect you when u prone in the road for example , not much sense , bad for immersion. They also have 4 roaring jet engines but hear you inside houses or walking in the forest.

1. It’s weakspots are very difficult to hit in combat, when flying low u hit them once and then they turn to engage you & also fly higher + low night visibility + weapon rng + when facing you fuel pods are barely visible.

At least AP rounds 7.62 or .50 should kill the damn thing, these things need SAM defense. Idk if maxed out weapons have better range which make it easy but still insane armor , better than ground units!

For me those machines should detect you easily and die easily, seekers don’t even have weapons and firebirds weapons are super strong already (playing in 1st difficulty level).

1 Like

You should focus on other regions until you’re more experienced and have better gear.
From lvl 25 on you can get experimental weapons from rivals. The 6c pvg is helpful against everything.

Also, as small hint besides: use a granatgevär with EMP and don’t focus on destroying the weapon of the firebird. Aim for the thrusters or “the eye”.

5 Likes

Sorry man but its a “skill” and experience issue.
I havent touched GZ in 4 or 5 weeks.
And saw your comment and thought" hum maybe the devs messed up again let me test it".

So…i went to the Forest Region, near the "hIkers barrack safehouse, there are usually 1 or 2 Firebird Soldier class (with gas grenades or tesla spike) around there. Im playing on Skirmish Level 2 difficulty and i took 1 out with +/- 2 Exp PVG90 magazines.

And nope, its the same thing, it was in August or July, their health remains the same, and it is still annoying when they use the autocannon sure, i agree but thats what gives them some personality.

I find it hard to believe that you have difficulty taking out a Firebird but can easily take out a Reaper?
You are probably talking about Prototype tanks.

4 Likes

Sorry, I must diagree with this. Not had any issues with any of the Firebird classes. Sure a Spetznatz is tough but no tougher than an Apoc tank.

Tactics and waepon selection works all the time.

1 Like

No need to nerf, you need to adjust your strategy.

Tip: Shoot the engines. Even with a 3* PVG, it shouldn’t take too much effort to shoot all four engines of neither class.

Or if you can hit the eye in the center, that’s a good spot as well.

When you get better weapons, learn of where weak points are, gain more skills and experience, you will be asking that all machines need to be buffed.

Comparing the reaper to a firebird shows you are but a novice in the game and I mean no disrespect in my statement. Wait till you come across your first reaper and the firebird will seem very easy to it.

1 Like

One thing to admit:
If you have a lucky position, the reaper is easy to destroy. It may take long, but in some cases you don’t even need to dodge his shots.

The last one I met, I was able to take him out out off Anl 144 Vidsele.

The firebirds are harder to dodge and the time between two salvos often is too short to make a perfect hit while he is moving, at least on console (controller aiming).

Soldier Firebird with 3C PVG.

This is on PC with mouse and keyboard. I can imagine it can be harder to aim on console, though.

Before I switched skill I used hacking for taking down the Firebirds. Just sneak up on it, whip out your binoculars (make sure you have clear line of sight so you don’t loose it behind trees and stuff) and hack that bird of pray. When if focus on destroying it’s own, or just slowly fly around confused, you can send a lot of lead it’s way and most of the time take it down before it even shake off the hacking.

Sry i mean tanks not reapers, but the point remains , kinda like real tank vs helicopter , it’s a game but still too la la land imho , that’s what i try to say.

Ok i see, u have a point i don’t disagree, but it’s also the sudden change in difficulty when i 1st encountered them i didnt even have the pvg (i just avoided it) and they often fly in pairs although i play in 1st difficulty, so yeah when ur level 80 i guess it’s an easy enemy.
Not everything is a matter of buffing/nerfing.

I thought i should try the engines but i saw a vid in yt claiming “don’t go for the engines” , meh , i’ve been mislead!!

I guess u r right , i need more experience fighting them , yesterday i only killed my 2nd one , i hit it in that black ball with the red line, which faces u when fighting and i also had a building for cover.

That mp4 posted , i can’t heal that fast but that’s another issue i have , in GZ hotkeys for me (win10 laptop) do not respond always , i usually have to tap twice in wtf fashion to change weapon , then click 1-2 times to use healt kit and it takes 4x the time to heal than in the that vid! Bad gaming experience in that regard (including other bugs it adds up to the point of feeling a bit frustrated tbh), what can i say.

2 Likes

Oh, he used an experimental first aid kit.
Heals fast and longer than just to 100%, but you can’t sprint unless you use the 2nd type of experimental first aid kit, too.

I don’t really understand…
The firebird is the superior soviet machine, like the tank is the FNIX ones. That’s balancing of two different factions.

But don’t forget the different classes, too.

A scout firebird is nothing compared to an apocalypse tank.

Maybe you should try another keyboard.

In 2019 there were almost no weapons at the beggining of the game.
Facing a Tank was very difficult, there were no “dificulties” it was skirmish difficulty for everybody, ammo was scarce.
After some training, trial and error and some experience people managed to have less trouble playing the game.
Now its a LOT EASIER, you can even manufacture ammo and equipment (that was not the case prior to 2021 and 2022).
So you just need to keep playing find better gear and get a bit more of experience.
Its a walk in the park when you get better weapons and more ammo :+1:

Ah… and if the Reaper appears stay away from it, at least for now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone learns what way they like to destroy the machines. I like to use all 4 of my primary weapons and depends on distance and location what the game plan could be.

they have a 90% hacking rate, once they’re hacked its easy as hell to kill them

1 Like

Lol irrelevant.
Balancing AI vs AI say what, their fights are totally fake , a tank needs 1 hour to kill those russian balls, btw the rocket explosions trigger 3 meters away from the mechs they hit… unpolished game.

Actually, the point doesn’t remain. There is a huge difference in difficulty between tanks and the Reaper. And there is a similar gap in difficulty between firebirds and the Reaper. The Repear is the penultimate foe, the boss of bosses. It is far harder than anything else in the game, requires a great deal of skill, a lot of ammo, and probably a squad, to take out. It’s meant to be an epic fight, and it is.

Firebirds, in contrast are simpleskim. Like all Russian bots, they’re essentially Daleks. Aim for the Eye and they go boom. It might take a few shots, but it works. One for lynxes, blow off the cowling and one or two for wolfs, and about four to six solid hits for a firebird. Boom, scream, fall out of the sky, loot.

Also, intended or not, if you destroy the weapon on the firebird first, you lose about three quarters of the ammo they drop, from my experience. Shoot the eye, blow off the engines, but don’t bother trying to shoot off the gun. Not worth the (potential) loss of ammo.

1 Like

Back to topic, playing more when AI is fighting AI , firebirds spot u even while u prone in a (otherwise) safe distance and go in “combat” mode instantly while they continue fighting , without any warning the red indicator appears, then they come after you at some even further point away from were u were spotted , they never lose you.

Tell me that’s not broken.

Tanks + support it’s difficult , the above is annoying - broken mechanic. Also like i say in OP no other enemy goes in circles after a yellow indicator when they lose u (firebird returns to white spot light), instead they fuk off.

Moreover , what looks like a bug u enter combat while very far from enemies (again straight to red) and seconds later “escaped combat +1 xp” appears, may happen 2-3 times in a row. If it’s the same seemingly broken firebird mechanic , that could explain it.

capice?!

About overall game development , i’m sorry guys i didn’t start playing in '19! Plus BMG ammo ain’t infinite , after long rival fights i run low. The ammo schematic system has also changed u don’t find them anymore , point by point i 'll open it maybe next year or probably end the game without it.

Hacking it is a nice tip tho!

Partially intended, I guess, partially bugged.
If they spotted you, it’s hard to get lose off them.
You really have to escape. Hiding is almost impossible.

That machines seem to spot you while you’re watching a battle between FNIX and soviets is obviously a bug and hopefully not intended.
It’s a matter of game design.

It was once designed to have two factions. You and the machines. So it was easy for the devs to make following: If a machine spots the player or if they are being attacked, they switch to alerted mode (yellow) or even combat mode (red).

Now, early 2022, the devs introduced a new faction. Simplest solution: every machine fights against everything which is not from it’s own faction.
BUT: their status still changes if they spot an enemy or if they are being attacked.

Now, if you don’t see the machines, they aren’t rendered and don’t see each other, too. Therefore they don’t spot each other and don’t fight each other. But if you’re able to see them and a machine is being attacked, the status changes to “in combat”… and that’s what you experience. In a sudden they are in combat with you, too… because the devs never changed this simple system.

Missed the point completely try reading the next sentence too, u r talking about game balance/difficulty progression and i’m talking about immersion.

But yeah going for the gun is not worth it.

What part of immersion do you mean?
I don’t understand “the point”.
Do you really compare the games tanks (machines) with real life tanks and the firebirds with helicopters?
And if it’s easier to destroy either the one or the other in real life?! And that’s your point for a broken immersion? Play Arma, if you want to make real life comparisons, but No sci-fi-games.

And now please let’s get back to a sensible discussion. No offending needed.

1 Like