Five Crown Auto4 please?

Look for a marked container.

Okay! Is that the one which opens after a mission or two from the base close by? That you can jump onto from a armoured vehicle?

Yes, a three steps mission, three documents if I remember well.

1 Like

I dare say the Mountains region is where Machine patrols are the most dense. Most notably Hunters, which patrol paths sometimes cross eachother’s and they form these giant 12-15 packs. Skirt around the western coast if you want to avoid the worst groups.

There are two Safehouses near Norrmyra Artillery Base, Hjalmars Stuga (north-east) and some airplane hangar inside a cliff (south). The former is a deathtrap, Hunter packs often pass through. The latter is very defensible, even if FNIX Tanks and large Runner packs roam the area you can retreat to it and hole up.

1 Like

Hmmmn, good info. I nearly always do one or the other. I’m not far from there, actually, I’ve reached (on my private missions) the firing range. I got jumped by a pack of Hunters and couldn;t find cover, and got trashed, but I’ve since found the safe house beside it, so could start from there. There’s a payback mission that I picked up from somewhere, that i could do on the way. Thank you.

1 Like

Couple of extra tips if heading north from the shooting range:

• There’s a bunker on the coast just north of the range. It’s a tiny one (one of the named Bergrum ones IIRC) that’s usually got some enemies outside. I think there’s a warboard mission to investigate the area, but I don’t remember for certain. You’ll usually see one or two runners in the immediate vicinity though, so keep your eyes open as you go past so you don’t get caught off guard.
  • There’s also a camping area south-west of Norrmyra on the coast, a tiny island connected to the mainland by a pair of land-bridges. There’s a relay beacon there, but it’s often guarded by a lot of hunters. There’s also a safe-house east of it in an abandoned mine up in the hills.
  • The southern safe-house mentioned by @Zesiir is just north-east of the Y-shaped intersection north of Garphammar. I don’t think I’ve ever been there without running into at least a few enemies, but if you’re careful you can easily sprint past most enemies and dive into the safe-house itself.
  • Avoid Garphammar unless you’re really ready for a fight. For some reason, that particular town seems to attract a higher number of enemies proportionate to it’s size than almost anywhere else in the game, and most of them will be FNIX level.
1 Like

Thank you! I think I have all the intelligence I need to make a fist of it. I shall start heading South for supplies and do a careful tour gathering what I need. If I refuse to get impatient, I shall make it. Impatience is my death more than anything else. I prefer my missions to theirs, but eventually I shall have to head south and start doing them! Meanwhile - its unknown territory and no poxy HUD markers!

I got the five crown AK 4 last night!! As loot from a FNIX Tank, from a huge fight (several Tanks, Harvs, Hunters, Runners, Seekers and… billions of Ticks (hmm, they actually threw everything they had at me :sweat_smile:)) at the very same road/air base safehouse south of Norrmyra @Zesiir and @ahferroin7 was mentioning.

I got lucky. The loot is random and from all the other Tanks and Harvs in that fight I didn’t get any weapons or attachments.

1 Like

@Bootie I hope you find one soon too! And who knows, maybe those Tanks at Färela will bring you luck as well :blush: What platform are you on?

The drop rate on weapons for me is extremely low from FNIX, but when they finally drop it’s always a special AG4.
Only kept one with special extensions whitch I use from time to time, but prefer the AI-76 with special barrel and mag extension.

Yeah, I prefer the AI76 as well, it seems to me it does more dps at close and mid range than AG4.

Does anyone know if the Fandom Wikia for GZ is correct? It looks a litte outdated and unfinished.
If you look up the weapons there, it says that the Auto 4 has 1 point more damage than the AI-76, but fire rate and handling is equal. I’m guessing this isn’t right…

PC. Don’t have any Charlie G but I’ve got lots of mines (I like mines). Quite a lot of .270 which will take down a Tank if you’re sufficiently patient and can find a good fire position, and separate it from the infantry! (I know, I know.) Färela, eh?

1 Like

The rate of fire is much higher - it’s that giving the impression I think, but it chews its way through ammo at a terrifying rate, which is why I went back to the AG4, which the bar shows as hitting harder (also my impression).

If you want i can let you use a 5 crown full stocked one for comparison.

The thing is, I prefer the AI-76 because even if it chews through ammo quicker it’s capable of shooting a weapon off a Tank, or downing a Hunter in a single magazine. And when it comes to Hunters, the last thing that I want to do is to be forced to reload when engaging an enemy capable of skewering me at the first opportunity.

Yes zhe 45 rounds are great kills a gun off a Tank in 1 mag and scraps it in 5.

Well now - I use a 4* Auto4 and I reckon a full mag fired accurately will take down a Hunter, and I haven’t tried the 5* yet! Like you it has to be a one-hit on a Hunter… When I’ve got 5* I’ll tell you definitively… :))

2 Likes

Tryed it with and you can kill a Hunter in 1 Mag (5 crown mag so 35 total) but you need to aim and hunters move… A LOT. Also tested it on a FENIX Tank. Wizh a AI-76 (also 5 crown mag and gun) I can destroy its tickpod and zhe rockedpod. Wizh zhe Auto 4 i can destroy zhe tickopd and kill 90% of zhe rocked pod. So Auto 4 does do more DMG per shot zhan AI-76 however zhe AK is more forgiving in zhe heat of battle due to mag size.

I never have enough ammo to blaze away, and I fire the Auto 4 in short bursts one after the other, so every round goes home… We’ll see when I’ve got one!

1 Like