Five Crown Auto4 please?

To me imo G3 is hands down the best. It had a good chunk more of damage. And yes less ammo by possibly 7 rounds. My wife has a gold tier Ak with a purple mag and she holds 39. On my gold tier G3 I have a blue mag at 31. The gun has an easy control recoil making it super easy to hold cent and the grouping is amazing up to 100 meters compared to the Ak. I got mine northwest past the artillery base near the swamps off a Fnix tank. Edit and the iron sight on a G3 is so clean and open compared to the Ak.

Try to go there and due west to the plains you should hit a good number of tanks.

Right. Up at my favourite Safe House I had a FNIX Hunter patrol sneak round the back of me, but I backed up until I had them head and shoulders in view, but not centre of mass, thus, they were standing confused forty yards away, above me. Took my time (they weren’t going anywhere) and when I got to the last one, I reloaded to a full magazine and fired in short bursts to upper body. He fell over at 26 rounds from a 4* AG4, with a four star barrel extension and a 4* x4 scope.

1 Like

You must be using perks on armor. It takes me 3 mags with a gold tier ag4. And almost 3 mags with gold tier Al-76. Al-76 I used a purple mag and a purple barrel extension and it placed me with 39 rnds. Ag4 almost same setup with blue mag at 31 rnds. I also have the 2nd perk that does damage to components. Usually Ill emp and go 3-5 feet to fnix guns and go to town.

I don’t have either of those perks. I have what I said, but I fire in short 2-4 round bursts so every round goes home on the centre of mass. We’re not talking about Tanks, are we? FNIX Hunters. 100 rounds with a 5* AG4??? @Zesiir is saying above that he likes the AG5 becauae he can kill a Hunter in a single mag. I’m telling him an AG4 will do it…

You’re telling me yours won’t! Why not?

I thought Xezr was saying he prefers the Al-76 because it takes him a single mag to drop a tank gun. It takes me more. Almost 90 rounds for me to drop a canon gun. And almost 3 mags with a ag4. If you all take less I’m jealous. Like I say my dedication on my second toon I’ve noticed I have odd bugs compared to my first save. And I don’t use my first save because I’ve wasted 4-5 skills on things I thought I’d like

Yeah, I did too. Poxy binos - almost never use them! But I’m only at level 16 so I’ve got lots more to play with before I run out. I haven’t gone up much, 'cos I keep making up my own missions and buggering off to play about in the forest and look for weapons. I got that .270 I was after and love it already…

But you get XP for killing machines, you don’t get any for cunningly sneaking past without engaging!

I don;t know - maybe weapons vary with character. My AG4 4* is expressively destructive - way beyond the 3* I had before. I’ll be certain to keep it when I find a 5* 'cos I’m not convinced it’ll be better.

My 4* seems certainly better that your 5*, so there is weirdness in the game. I like that, but you might try a different model i.e. a different, identical 5* AG4 to see whether it is the same.

I think you’re confusing the AG5 and the AI-76. The AI-76 is the AK-47 carrying 7,62 ammo. The AG5 is the AK5, carrying 5,56 ammo.

And I can take out the gun of a Tank with just one 45-round mag of 7,62 FMJ. I even have videos of it. But I should probably mention my tactics. I toss a Medium EMP Cell at the Tank, then walk up to it at point blank range and empty the mag into it’s gun. Then run, run, run and repeat once I’m able to.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the game is still having some kind of weirdness like you said. But I had a tier 4/purple Ag4 as my first time with an ag4. I was in game a few weeks ago and took a tank down and randomly got the gold tier ag4. And instantly seen a huge difference between the purple and gold. Even self tested it to my Al-76 and what I seen missing 7-8 rnds to an Al-76 and purple Ag4 the gold ag4 is just amazing to me.

From what I see the Gold tier AG4 is the Swiss Army knife of all GZ guns. It’s very balanced. Effective in short, long and Rpm speeds work well to keep a great grouping.
If your the type that wants a gun that works well for all aspects than it’s great.
But, I don’t recommend it if your Cqc or long range only style. Where I see hp5 is the ultimate in close and the .270 is ultimate in long.

1 Like

@Zesiir I use the same tactic even if there are 2 tanks. I just use the tank I emp as a quick shield lol

Well, I’ve nearly exhausted the sources of a 5* AG4 just lying about, so I will have to go and take on some tanks (which I don’t normally do), just to see what they drop. All the harvesters I’ve taken down have been a complete waste of space.

I assume that an FNIX Hunter takes exactly 10 rounds of buckshot to take down, since that’s all they seem to drop!

I find a good fire position and patiently take it down from 250 metres. I suppose I will have to develop some close range tactics, although it goes against the grain!

I have never found a throwable emp battery in all my wanderings - the ones I find are only shootable (at least that’s what they say in the inventory)…

I kill (fnix) harvesters, quite easier. I have already got three gold weapons from them , two bicycles and a bunch of attachments. It seems to me the drop rate from tanks is not higher than from harvesters.
(drop rate estimated from 20 harvesters and 8 tanks killed recently)

1 Like

Exactly, and @Bootie, just like when I got hold of the five crown AG 4 - the Tank that dropped it was the only one there who had a weapon as loot. The other Tank and the three Harvs only had ammo and misc explosives. And some med kits.

So far I haven’t got any five crown weapons from a Harv but others have, so it’s just a matter of time. I did get the green bike off one though :grimacing:

So it’s all about taking down the big guys and hope for the best when looting them :smiley:

You maybe a solo player but I’d gear up and gather a few friends or go online and associate on a tank fest. That could x4 your chances of gold guns and attachments.

I’ve actually thought of doing this to see if there is existence to ag4 gold attachments such as a mag primarily. But I’d like to see if there is a barrel and 2x red dot sight. Unless the devs mentioned it doesn’t exist

Both the 5* Assault Rifle Barrel Extender and the ACOG (Red dot) sight exist, I’ve got them equipped to my primary weapon right now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That was at Färela, wasn;t it? I did that finally. Got them all in the end, but got my butt kicked. In order to get in, I chose night (I move better at night). But of course as soon as I got in the thing, it was light inside and night outside - couldn’t turn the light out - couldn’t see a poxy thing! By the time I could see them, I was under fire. Daylight would have been better.

Not really my way of fighting at all. Went on and on and on, until the only ammo I had was .44 pistol!. Killed 13 Dogs, four Hunters, a Harvester and no less than four tanks! The last tank dropped me a 5* SMG, so it wasn’t a complete waste of time. But I had to kill the whole bloody lot first!

That EMP Charlie G round is a waste of space. You reckon you’ve got 10 seconds, but you haven’t at all! It goes down, instantly reboots and up it comes again. I reckon it gives you six seconds, no more. Poxy firework lasts longer than that! But I did use it this time, from the hip and running!

I can confirm that a 4* AG4 takes out a Hunter with one 33 round mag and knocks the weapons off a tank (one per mag). Dunno what the 5* will do.

1 Like

Envious lol @Zesiir. Is the red dot brighter and sharp-crisper dot ?? I’ve only been having my luck with the blue versions of the red dot. So I tend to just use iron sights instead with the ag4

It’s probably better quality, but it’s not brighter. They seriously need to make it an actual red-dot sight.

I picked up a 4* AG4, and I must say I’m starting to like it. It must be the damage boost they applied with the June patch, this thing is a beast now.

2 Likes

Definitely makes a match with a gold tier ag4. Yeah I never had the ag4 till this last patch so I’ll take your word for it.

Told yer so! I’m still hoping for a 5*…

3 Likes