Five Crown Auto4 please?

On the note of the FNIX hunters, I’ve taken them down with only 4 rounds of buckshot before in a 4* Sjöqvist. One shot to drop the gun, one for the tick pod, and two into the fuel cell on the back, all at point-blank range.

1 Like

Nice of him to turn his back! Mine all come and poke me in the chest…

1 Like

Yep, at Färela! Haha no you can’t exactly run out and loot while a few Tanks are still up and running :joy: But with a bit of luck the big guys drop dead on the door step so you can peek round the corner and stick your hand down their metal pockets :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome! I took one military Hunter down with five rounds of slugs in its “chest” with the Sjöqvist (four-crown I think) at close range, but that was more of a self defense panic situation rather than good aiming behind cover :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh, he didn’t really turn his back, I had dropped a flare right as he ran up to me for a melee attack, so he was just super distracted.

I just picked up a as you guys call it 5 crown Ag5

Look at the AK5 it says not powerful but great handling and speed. Than look at their stats. Lol it’s backwards lol

1 Like

Curious :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yeah, that 5.56 round might as well be a rolled up ball of wet paper. I was looking at the stats. The 5.56 round is 55 grains of metal. The 7.62 is travelling at the same speed, but 120 grains. You do the math!

Impact force is half the mass (grains) multiplied by the velocity squared. Velocity is 1000-1200 metres per second. I shared a billet with an engineer officer once. He reckoned the 7.62 struck at 3,000 ft.lbs - that is a 1lb weight (0.5 kilo) dropped three thousand feet (say, one thousand metres) with no air resistance. Cop that, yer bugger!

The 5.56 in Vietnam wouldn’t go through a tree - a 7.62 goes through 9 feet of solid oak - 12 feet of pine…

I can’t bear to carry the 5.56, even if it were more powerful in the game - it’s just not!

1 Like

Those bars are all over the place - the AG5 definitely has a greater rare of fire - I was shocked when I tried it how fast it chewed up my ammunition, but the bars show the AG4 with a faster rate of fire - not so!

You have to keep in mind, what matters to the military is not raw stopping power, it’s efficiency. A well placed shot with a 5.56x45mm round will drop a soldier just as well as a 7.62x51mm round, but the 5.56 ammo weights less IRL, is less expensive (for military grade FMJ ammo, 5.56x45mm is about 0.45 USD a round where I live, 7.62x51mm is about 1.10 USD a round) and has better accuracy on average for typical engagement distances, so a well trained soldier can carry more, each round is functionally more likely to actually be useful, and equipping him will cost less.

Well, the theory was great. When the Armalite came out 42 Commando were in the far east. The rumour swore than the Armalite was deadly and the marines were well intimidated. The Colonel called the whole commando together and tied up a goat. He put six rounds of 5.56 through the goat and it was still standing. He picked up the SLR and bam, down it went. End of discussion.

The point is that the ammo is lighter and cheaper. We carried 80 rounds normal scale and up to 200 on a long mission. An American soldier carries 600. Now the British have moved to the same round, but the boys in Helmand Province are telling us that it takes three or four hits to knock down an enemy. One 7.62 hit and he’s not still hopping about like a prawn on a hotplate, he’s sitting down thinking about mummy.

The 5,56 round loses velocity quickly after 300 metres, and when it does the tumbling characeristic of the round goes out of the window. On the other hand, we used to play games on the firing range. On the 7.62 you can jam the trigger sear with a matchstick and fire a full 20 round magazine, but at the end you were six feet backwards firing at the clouds.

There should be a total difference between them in the game, requiring totally different strategies, which we could choose. You should be able to control the 5.56 for a full mag, whereas a three round burst would knock a Dog flat, but would be completely uncontrollable for more than that. Yes in a close range encounter with a tank you could take it down, but otherwise, it should be iuncontrollable after three rounds. That way we could choose which we wanted, and have a big difference between the weapons.

In game they could do like 240 rounds for AK5 and maybe 180 for the AK4 for max in one slot of inventory. I’ve always tought that it’s odd to be able to carry 240 of each but only 120 for my pistol. I have both AK in five crown. I prefer the 4 for distance because I experience it’s stopping power/damage to be greater than that of the 5. But in close combat the 5 is better because of lower recoil and higher rof. But that’s my opinion. I’m not sure if that’s a fact in the game or just what i believe.

2 Likes

In real life it is the same, but the difference is much more marked…

I’ve fired both in real life. Did my service back in the days IN the swedish army.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised what green tip .223/5.56 nato can do to metals. 7.62x39 is definitely a mean round. I also think the 5.56 should stack a bit higher more or 7.62 should be less. In theory since both types are different in grains and case size.

There’s just a basic realistic touch to this IP at the moment I’m thinking which is evident compared to COTW and that may be that this game is still working on additions to come.
But aside ammo types I think even with anti infantry ap ammo couldn’t do much in terms of taking down harvester or tank out of commission with out hitting sensitive components unless your laying down thousands of rounds to penetrate that kind of armor to get to their electronics and hydraulics systems.

I kinda hope to see some kind of heavier weapon class soon towards heavier bots from hunters , harvesters and tanks. Like a kg m40, Greg m/48 Or m203 attachment to weaken the plating on the beasts so we can destroy internals with our rifles.
So I can see their idea atm on how much ammo stack with the assaults and smg weapons. There is a lot more weapons that should be in the time line in :sweden: We should be seeing and also none essentials items like APC, infantry off-road, and tanks. From all this and more from thought this game will be going through the motions of adjusting, tweaking and adding as long as we diehards keep helping them.

1 Like

All the tanks seem to be dead! And if the Machines were firing 84mm HEAT rounds in salvos, I’m not surprised. Mind you, a MBT at 20 thousand metres’d total every Tank in the game - they don’t move fast enough!

As for Machine guns, I’ll take the 7.62 GPMG any day… But of course, we are adolescent kids, on our own in a hostile environment, where everyone else is dead, and we wouldn’t be able to handle them!

1 Like

My guess for the destroyed Stridsvagn 103’s in game is that they got knocked out either by the mortars from the tanks (they relied very heavily on the slope of the upper plate for effective armor thickness) or the FNIX ticks got under them. The game kind of showcases why the Strv 103’s were phased out though, the fixed gun design meant they were insanely accurate and could mount a much more powerful gun proportionate to their size, but the trade-off was that they were kind of useless at really close range since you had to turn the whole tank to aim the gun.

As far as full-auto weapons, I’d honestly rather a BAR over a GPMG, packs a bit more punch, is a bit more portable than a GPMG, and doesn’t use a belt feed. Finding .30-06 rounds in southeastern Sweden in the 80’s would be a serious chore though…

I don’t know about Sweden but when I was a kid I was already marine made. Athletic and strong. And so was over a dozen of us. In the US we have after school gyms to pump iron…” I pick things up an put em down “.
The teenager lived after being hit and swam his/her way back to shore. Runs and bikes like an iron man contestant. Idk about this theory. Just cause he she looks thin doesn’t mean they are. I’m a bulk but I don’t wear a lot of tight cloths so I look average. Run around in a basic t for sleeveless and you can see my 17in arms and 52 in chest @ 19% bf. When I was a teen I was a lot bigger and stupid strong lol

I never worked out why wannabe soldiers (or indeed serving soldiers) pump iron. I always thought it was a pointless and tedious thing to do. Anything I have ever needed was lower body strength, not upper! I could carry more than anyone else for further and faster. Mind you, Bootie yomps - he doesn’t have helicopters or APCs to carry all that unnecessary muscle into battle! :)) and I am the same to this day. Which is why my favourite mission is my own made-up one, where I walk 6 or 7 ks through the mountains and forests, sneaking past patrols looking for 5* pick-ups!

1 Like

We are starting to get a little bit off topic now compared to five crown AK4s.
But the Swedish BAR used 6,5x55mm ammo. The same as for the old service rifle that was replaced by AK4. But in service with the homeguard until mid 90s.

You can read about the swedish BAR here:

http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/kg/swedish_kg2.htm

1 Like