Five Crown Auto4 please?

BAR - yes fabulous weapon, but all that mag changing! And the weight of the ammunition… A Geep will knock down a house, as friends of friends proved in Korea one night! If either appeared in the game, I’d look for one, but they’ll have to bring back “prone” in order to fire one or the other…

An alternative would be the Bren, chambered for 7.62, which our jungle warfare guys had at about this time…

1 Like

Was just saying we can’t take the out look of what we see into account. Especially since the games teen is carrying 3 weapons, and possibly 1-4K rounds of ammo and items such as mines. So I lol don’t think the toon carring an LMG being a issue. That’s all I was getting at. I want more guns = fun. Especially drum or belt fed so I can scream… come gets some!

I’d like to see the mg42

2 Likes

Okay! I’d carry a BAR, but would prefer the Bren - same ammo as the AG4, 30 round mag instead of 20, and fabulously accurate. You could put 15 rounds into the centre of mass of a Hunter at 300 metres and every round would strike almost the same spot.

2 Likes

@Bootie Yesterday, I decided to try using the Auto 4 instead of the AI-76 for a while. (Both are 4*) I dont have extended mags for the AI-76 yet, so my Auto 4 actually had higher mag capacity, and higher damage pr. shot, so it was really a no-brainer. I will probably switch back though, after I find good upgrades.

The Auto 4 doesn’t eat through ammo like the AI-76 does, so now I actually have to drop full stacks of 7,62 mm regularly, just to make room for other things.

I’m not trying to tease you because you don’t find the ammo you need. I just think it’s strange how I find so much, and others don’t. I’ll say again though, I started finding this much after I cleaned up my inventory. It seems like when you carry around every type of weapon you just find a little bit of ammo for everything. It appears the game “knows” what weapons I use, and drops ammo according to that. I haven’t found any 5,56 mm, after I dropped the Auto 5.

(EDIT: I do have 2 points in the Salvage skill.)

and @Bootie

Hi, I report I find quite enough of 7.62 for my AI-76, however I have 2 levels in the related skill.

Same here.

The game definitely pays attention to what weapons you have though, I had the same thing with 5.56m ammo as @NJR87 reports, found lots while I was carrying an AG 5, found almost none since I stopped carrying it. Similar with .44 rounds for the Magnus, I found almost none before I started carrying one, now I find them regularly. The only exception to this seems to be runners and hunters, which have fixed drop pools (so, for example, FNIX runners only drop 9mm SMG, .243, and occasionally rockets or 9mm handgun ammo, no matter what guns you have).

Well I have two points in salvage - I never have more than about 600 rounds of assorted 7.62. I don’t carry a 5.56. I kill a tank or a harvester and it drops 12 rounds of birdshot and a medipatch. I don’t f*cking know! I’ve never even seen that much 7.62 ammo!!!

Hmm… I’d report this as a bug if I were you, or maybe you already have.

Maybe you could try completely removing any or all 7,62 mm weapons and ammo from your inventory for a few days. What if you switch to the Auto 5 or an SMG, and see how the game reacts to that? Maybe you’ll stop finding 7,62 and when you switch back again after a while, the game will react to 7,62 again, maybe in a different way. Maybe it sounds far fetched, or maybe it’s worth a try?

I dropped all my unneeded weapons and cleared out all not needed supplies then went on a scavenge for ammo for the weapons I kept. Surprisingly that’s almost all I found! My 7.62 went up from a couple of hundred of rounds to over a thousand rounds in a minute or two.

Exactly! :slight_smile:

Are you sure about that? Next door, in Norway we have what we call “the big 3” hunting calibers, which is .30-06 Sprg, .308 Win and 6,5x55. I’m not 100% sure, but I think .30-06 may be the biggest of the 3.
Of course, Norway had a completely different role in WW2 than Sweden, and one reason for the .30-06’s popularity may be that after the occupation the germans left behind a huge number of rifles, the Mauser K98k. The norwegian military took all of these and rebuilt them to fit the .30-06 Sprg. Only the Navy kept them in the original 7,92x57 mm. After the military began using the AG-3 (HK G3) in the 60’s, the Mausers were sold on the private market, and a lot of people have one, and they still use it today, often fitted with a new stock, a modern scope and a silencer. Those rifles are nearly indestructible, especially pre-war models. My dad has a 1936 model in .30-06 and it looks almost new.
Back to Sweden. I read somewhere that in the 90’s the 6,5x55 was most popular in Sweden, and now it’s the .30-06, but the 9,3x62 is close behind. All of these medium calibers are useful in both countries. Sweden is biggest on Moose and Wild Boar, Norway is close behind on Moose but biggest on Red Deer. Both have a lot of Red Fox and Roe Deer.
(We don’t have any of those pesky robots the swedes have, though.)

1 Like

As I mentioned before. The BAR in Sweden used 6,5x55. The same as our bolt action military rifles. The original BAR used 30-06. But Sweden didn’t want two different calibers. Both BAR and rifle was in use with the homeguard in the 80s. Being gradually replaced with AK4s.

There was also air cooled and water cooled browning machineguns in calibers 6,5 for use with infantry and 7,9x63 for AA and in aircrafts. Both was refitted for 7,62 during the cold war and replaced with ksp 58 for frontline troops.

30-06, 6,5x55 and 308 Winchester is among the most common calibers for hunting moose and other big animals in sweden.

I don’t carry unneeded weapons! I have a .270, a shotgun, the AG4 and an SMG. Oh, and a Charlie G 84mm (I find almost none of that!). I have the .44 and more rounds than I can possibly need for that, so restrict to 120 rounds (i.e. sixty on the weapon - sixty in storage). I have 9 solid slug, 54 buckshot, a pack of 9mm AP SMG (on the weapon) and two x 240 ready, 150 rounds of .270 and 600-800 rounds of 7.62. And that’s after a long shopping trip. I have all the mines and grenades I can carry.

Generally the first three boxes give me between 30 and 50 7.62 and thereafter only 7 or 13 at a time. So how does 2 Salvage perks, giving you 100% more end up giving you 13 rounds? What’s 50% of 13? Or 7? Doesn’t make sense, but I can’t definitively call it a bug! A personal bug? What’s that all about?

I have salvage 2. And I find more ammo than I can carry. But I kill everything I see and usually they provide more than I use. But not always. And not always what I need. Right now I have 13 stacks of 5,56 AP + weapon and 3 stacks of 7,62 AP. I’m on PS4 and most of the time host. When I’m Client almost all ammo boxes are empty.

And I think salvage actually are for robots only not boxes. Because with it you get way more from robots than without it. I can get up to a 100 bullets from a hunter.

If you want to maximize your ammo pickup frequency, you can try to do what I do, stick to two primary weapons, one sidearm and the launcher. In my case the AG4, Semi-Auto shotgun, Magnum .44 and grenade launcher.

You’ll have more inventory for once, and the game will prioritise ammo drops for the weapons that you are actively using. Also, try to stick to Military Machines, they tend to drop way more 7,62 and grenade rounds I’ve noticed. If all goes well a Tank should (on average) drop around 200 rounds of FMJ and AP each.

That’s my theory, anyway. Worth a shot. :boom: :gun:

1 Like

My last Hunter gave me 10 rounds of birdshot and a medipack… I assumed that 10 rounds of birdshot was what it takes to kill it - even stevens.

My last Harvester was a military one and having fired rockets at me repeatedly gave me four rounds of smoke and a couple of EMP (which is useless playing solo). Doesn’t seem worth it…

@Bootie go for military hunters. They give 7,62.
And when I play solo I throw/shoot an EMP towards a military/Fnix tank and rush it and shoot as much as I can on it’s gun/tick pod before it restarts. Versus prototypes I just keep my distance and fire a few bullets at a time at the gun until it drops in order to save my rare EMP. I Dont’t find as many in solo as in mp.

I think it’s pretty clear by now that there are some rules to this game that for some reason don’t apply in @Bootie 's game. Something must be wrong. Maybe deleting the game and starting all over would fix it, but who in their right mind would want to do that?
Yes, each military Hunter will give me 30-75 rounds of 7,62 mm, and it seems this is what most others get as well. Bootie says this never happens. He says he only gets small chunks of irrelevant ammo, and I’ll take his word for it. If the tips we have given in the last posts don’t work, I don’t know what will, unless this is a real issue the dev’s are aware of?

Can someone play a few sessions with Bootie and check this out? I’m legitimately curious about his ammo situation, now.