[Floating Objects] Since there isn't already a topic for floating objects

Floating book above shelf and loot box mixed into pile of laundry on shelves inside military store building just SW of the Grantorp radio mast (down in the small quarry-like hole with the Volvo and army lorry).

How am I supposed to get my mail when I can’t reach the mailboxes?

LOC:

Ask a passing hunter to reach them for you? He won’t mind, they are very sociable chaps.

4 Likes

Not really floating, more a collision. Armchair meets sideboard. Messy.

-5066.475, 4521.846

Collection of floaties:

Lots of screenshots

Boat floating in the rocks at the dock south-east of Lysehamn:

Floating toolbox on second floor in house in Lysehamn:

Floating light (remnant of a beacon?) in the field just south of Knapperänna Farm. Visible from all sides at a distance but fades away when getting closer:

Floating radio tower anchor west of Bockhyttan.

Lots of floating hedges, goals and a shed (slightly) in Närkudden:

Floating stairs at Military Compound - Commandant Villa

Lots of floating stuff around the barracks inside Muskudden Port Complex

Floating stair supports of the stairs toward the unnamed Safehouse Camp in Sävered area:

Floating toolbox inside a house in Klinte:

Floating toolbox inside Safehouse - Vassholmens Skytteklubb:

Lots of floating stuff around both sheds just south of Klinthytta:

Floating hedge and stone wall in Klinthytta:

Floating stair supports at Örsnabben Lookout Point

Floating backpack inside house in Garphammar:

Missing radio tower anchor (floating underground?) just north of Industrial Facility - Nilssons Marinbygg AB:

Floating light next to the path in Dyvik:

Floating stone wall in Salthamn:

Floating bunker north of Norrmyra Artillery Base:

Floating backpack and ammo box at Karl-Erik Lighthouse:

Floating hedges in Västra Mark at the lake west of Boo:

Floating fence post in Ånnagruvan:

Multiple pieces of floating stone wall south of Skrankebol:

Tractor floating in the ground (maybe intentional?) south-west of Skrankebol:

Floating tree in Kungsgården:

Floating jerrycan and barrels around this shed in Kungsgården:

Floating fence Kungsgården:

Longest post I’ve seen, but good work on locating all those floaty things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Zesiir Thanks! I’m glad to be able to contribute to this excellent game :slight_smile:

If no one has a problem with me “flooding” the forums with what I encounter then I have, at least, the same amount of other weird stuff left to post. :slight_smile:

I’m just not sure where to post some of the things. So maybe you can shed some light on that:

Floating road textures
They can be considered vertically misaligned road textures which makes them belong in Weird Terrain. But since they can also be considered floating objects they could fit here in Floating Objects too.

Intersecting/clipping objects
A piece of terrain/rock/vegetation protruding a floor, wall or a stair case probably fits in Weird Terrain.
But what about other objects such as a chair inside a bed or a baking pan partially inside the wall? Obviously it’s not terrain related but should they then be considered “horizontally floating” objects?

Invisible barriers/non solid geometry
Where should stuff like invisible “poles” on the floor or vegetation/structures with unrealistic collision boxes go?
Or the opposite like fences that have no collision box at all? Or floors (not terrain) you fall through or get stuck in?

Floating road textures
They go in Weird Terrain.

Intersecting/clipping objects
Floating Objects. They’re world props, just misaligned.

Invisible barriers/non solid geometry
This may be worthy of a collection thread of it’s own, if you find lots of these feel free to make one instead of many bug reports :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Floating non-interactive crate at the army camp west of Stenungsnas.

Floating rubbish at Torsberga Fort dock.

Lysehamn is a bit of a mess. Lots of clipping objects (interior doors opening through shelves, etc) and floating backpacks in houses. Here are six.

Druidic power is strong at this stone circle - Lindens Skeppsattning SE of Vallinge Church:

Clipping blue plastic barrel and white containers in the most South-Easterly barn at Stora Dyrbo:

@Zesiir Allrighty. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about dedicating a thread to collision issues but I’m tempted. For now, I have three (or four) invisible walls, a non-solid fence and half a dozen “Schwartzenegger bushes”.

Most of these type of bushes are non-solid (except for the stem) but I encountered several that have a pretty unrealistic large collision box. Some of which actually got me killed because I slammed into them during … ahem … “carefully planned tactical displacement” and as a result “allowing” for an eager Hunter to have some happy times. :crazy_face::grimacing:

One example is actually the row of bushes behind the floating mailboxes you reported above (and one a little farther towards the house). You can’t pass in between them and you can’t jump over or on top of them. And some others are even worse.

Edit: September update seems to have fixed the issue with this type of bush.

But for now, on with some more floaty stuff …

More floaties:

Lots of screenshots again

Furniture symbiosis in Klinte:

Strange floaty pipes (or whatever it may be) in the hallway of the large living blocks in Klinte (on multiple floors, if I remember correctly):

More symbiosis on the second floor in Safehouse - Vassholmens Skytteklubb:

Floating buried ammo box in the locked shed near Torsberga Fort:

No big deal but still weird. Two bowls partially embedded in the wall on both sides of a house in Ålnästet:

Nice cozy bed and other magic stuff inside Safehouse - Ånnagruvan:

Half buried backpack in one of the rooms in Sorken Command Bunker:

Garage in Garphammar. Not really floating in the air but the doorstep is way too high to be able to walk in.

Floating stone walls, shed and gastank (mainly noticeable when farther away and grass isn’t rendered) in Jägarstugan

Floating stone wall in Knaperänna Farm:

Floating bunker near the coast west of Normyrra Artillery Base:

Many pinetrees in this area are floating; and they have too large hitboxes. You can also get stuck in them.

LOC:

I put them here because others have posted similar things here (floating lights etc). Shall I open a new thread in bug reports for this?

Yeah, sure :slight_smile:

1 Like
Reaction on removed post which referenced the floating light at Knapperänna Farm (posted earlier). Possibly still useful info.

I’ve seen a dozen of these blue seeker jets already. They disappear after a short time (within minutes it seems).

The floating light near Knapperänna Farm I mentioned above is still there after several weeks (at least in my game). I double checked that before posting it and I just triple checked it again. I vaguely recall there being a beacon at that spot but I’m not sure. It does seem to float at “beacon height”.

Maybe it’s an unreferenced, but still somehow created, sub object of the beacon which is skipped by the “garbage collector”. But without knowing the structure of the code and objects any guess is as good as mine.

I’ve seen one destroyed beacon do some weird stuff in the first couple of days of playing the game. I destroyed a beacon and, when I crossed the same spot again after roaming around in the area a little, the beacon itself was gone but it had left behind a pretty big floating light and “halo”. That light, however, actually did cast a significant amount of light on the floor and was very visible standing right next to it. It was gone after reloading the game.

To bad I don’t remember it’s location (and that I didn’t take a screenshot). I do remember it was next to a bushy cluster in a somewhat open green field pretty close to a tarmac road.

@Zesiir I have made a new bug report thread for the floating blue jets, flames, etc, so if you wish you can delete my two posts here.

1 Like

Floating Jesus Bushes at FOA Facility.

LOC:

Averholm Manor has a tree alley with weird trees. At the entrance, they’re not technically floating, but rather sunken into the ground. Further down the road, they’re floating in the air.

LOC: