[Floating Objects] Since there isn't already a topic for floating objects

Tidies up the thread a bit :broom:

Floating objects that had already been posted have been swept under the carpet. Thanks for posting, though!

2 Likes

Long row of floating pinetrees at Bjurfallet.

LOC:

obviously what happened there is some Minecraft lumberjack only needed the bottom few wood blocks and didn’t bother cutting the entire tree down.

2 Likes

:red_circle:

Here we go again :upside_down_face:

Even more screenshots

I think I have seen this first one before but I can’t find it. So here it is (again?). If necessary I will remove this one from the list.

Hidden floating ammo box at the airfield:

The force is definitely strong in Marbakken.

There are -a lot- of these in most of the basements around the playground. Lots of them are minor but also a lot are not. Here are some of the spectacular ones:

Step to high from apartment building in Marbakken:

Floating fence south of Norrmyra Artillery Base:

Floating hedge in Norrmyra Artillery Base:

Sunken backpack and ammo box in Mården Command Bunker:

This pier in Lövnäs is trying to escape:

Too high a step in front of Alby Church:

Stuff inside stuff, floating toolbox and “floating” gas tanks in Hagaboda:

Floating rock near Beredskapsförråd 107:

I guess this is what @nugar meant. About a dozen floating/weird overhanging log piles all over Granhygget - Industrial Facility. Some examples:

Floating ammo box and backpack in Stillsjön:

Floating car near a house east of Boo:

Floating backpack, walls and hedges in Boo:

Slightly floating ammo box in the small ruins east of Stenhaga Farm:

Floating tent and bench in the unnamed camp on top of the hill north of Yttervik:

Floating log pile, trashcan, bucket, backpack, bowl and tree in Stenmyra:

I always assumed these hidden boxes were intentional

There are too many of these. The more I play the game the more it looks like it was put together in too much of a hurry, which is a huge shame since overall its such a wonderful game. I build 3D terrains for a Napoleonic period tactical wargame involving maps of 25 sq miles and I take some time and effort over making sure buildings, wagons, haystacks, walls, hedges and other models sit correctly on the ground. It is not time consuming once you get a rhythm going.

The game is fantastic, there’s no arguing against that, it is just such a pity there are so many errors in the way the world has been built. :sob:

I should note, many of the issues shown in Floating Objects, Terrain Holes and Misc Terrain threads were not there at launch. I don’t know how the Apex Engine paints terrain, and how it procedually generates things like foliage, trees etc but I figure when the devs go in and edit it to add buildings, open spaces etc some areas and objecs are affected. Sometimes at long distances as well, where you wouldn’t think to look.

Like the floating trees for example, they appeared after the August patch. The first place I noticed them was at Boo. Before the patch it was reported that the churchbell from Boo Church was missing. With the patch it had returned, and some trees were floating, indicating a recent change to the area.

1 Like

That is actually very good news. If the cause can be identified and reversed then a lot of issues could be fixed with minimal effort.

Could be, of course. But then it still looks silly when they intersect a shelf. :wink:

These two are a little more serious, if you ask me, since they are collectables.

And there is something extra going on with both in terms of their locations/icons/counters. So I’m not sure if it belongs here or in a separate bug report.

1 . Machine blueprint inside the desk in Beredskapsförråd 113:

Also there is no collectable counter when hovering over the location icon:

2 . Another machine blueprint inside the desk in some other Beredskapsförråd:

Which one remains the big question though. First this appeared on-screen:

After this “LOC:”, it showed that I had discovered some “Beredskapsförråd” but I was a tad too slow with taking a screenshot. And shortly thereafter the game crashed again so I lost the recording.

And no map icon to be seen:

I’ve noticed that loot boxes and other stuff floats in the air in some houses. My theory is that blowing up the fuse box on the house’s outside wall rearranges the stuff inside the house, and someiimes this stuff forgets that gravity should apply to them too.

@Voodoo - good call. I have a big stack of bugs to report but haven’t got my arse in gear to upload them with comments. One of them is this one. The bunker is full of snow underground and the snow even covers the collectable blueprint. The bug I think is the snowfall inside the bunker, not that the collectable is hidden in the desk.

The snow … good point! That totally bypassed my brain somehow. Maybe the time had something to do with it. :wink:

Then this probably should be in bug reports. What do you think @Zesiir?

1 Like

Yep, it looks worthy of it’s own bug report. I went there the other day and it’s a strange place indeed. It snows inside the bunker and there are layers of snow indoors, covering the machine blueprint… It looks absolutely rediculous.

ONT, Forgotten floating tree at Stenmyra

LOC:

floating back pack